Destiny now availabe to purchase & predownload on Xbox One. (Destiny)

by Jester GS, Earth, Thursday, August 28, 2014, 10:15 (3528 days ago)

Just checked, it's up there. A friend of mine is downloading it now and says its only 18 GB? Maybe the rest will download on 9/9/14?

Destiny now availabe to purchase & predownload on Xbox One.

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Thursday, August 28, 2014, 10:27 (3528 days ago) @ Jester GS

Details here.

-- Steve suspects some bits will be background downloaded between now and release.

Destiny now availabe to purchase & predownload on Xbox One.

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Thursday, August 28, 2014, 10:34 (3528 days ago) @ Jester GS

Thanks for the heads up! I've been trying to purchase the DGE for the past few minutes and the Xbox Store is chugging. Can't wait to see the Destiny Icon pinned to my XBone! :-D

The web store is hosed for me. Used Smart glass. Happy face

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Thursday, August 28, 2014, 10:39 (3528 days ago) @ JDQuackers

- No text -

The web store is hosed for me. Used Smart glass. Happy face

by yaters, Thursday, August 28, 2014, 12:55 (3528 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I purchased and downloaded it this morning. Only took about 45 minutes but that may be because I hit it when the servers didn't have a lot of traffic (or everyone has pre-ordered elsewhere)
Game was 17.9GB, Vanguard Armor and Expansion pack access were 9.8MB (I think - not sure that's 100% accurate).
Total was 19GB.

And of course, I tried to play it just to see what happens. Just takes me back to the store with the message that it's playable 9/9/2014. Had to try though :)

Any Playstation owners able to download yet?

by petetheduck, Thursday, August 28, 2014, 15:19 (3528 days ago) @ Jester GS

- No text -

This sounds like a horrible idea.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 28, 2014, 16:05 (3528 days ago) @ Jester GS

To have the game but not be able to play it, is like putting a meaty bone by a starved wolf on a leash, just beyond its reach.

How far?

11 Days too much.

by SteelGaribaldi @, Sol system, Thursday, August 28, 2014, 18:57 (3528 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

My worry is that Microsoft will have problems activating the game at midnight, and I'll wait hours after release time to play the game. Has Xbox done a digital preload for another title? Do they have a system that has been shown to work?

by naturl selexion, Thursday, August 28, 2014, 19:15 (3528 days ago) @ SteelGaribaldi

I'm hoping that they will activate it at least a couple days early. No harm in that since no one can play until Bungie's servers become active.

ಠ_ಠ

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 28, 2014, 19:24 (3528 days ago) @ naturl selexion

I'm hoping that they will activate it at least a couple days early. No harm in that since no one can play until Bungie's servers become active.

Or you could click this which says:

Game Description: XBOX ONE GAME EXPECTED TO RELEASE ON 9/9/2014. YOU MAY DOWNLOAD THE GAME FROM XBOX LIVE BEFORE THEN, BUT IT WILL NOT BE PLAYABLE UNTIL 12:01 AM PDT / 3:01 AM EDT ON THE RELEASE DATE.

I was being sarcastic before hand. Now I mean it literally.

ಠ_ಠ

by Phoenix_9286 @, Thursday, August 28, 2014, 20:19 (3528 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Game Description: XBOX ONE GAME EXPECTED TO RELEASE ON 9/9/2014. YOU MAY DOWNLOAD THE GAME FROM XBOX LIVE BEFORE THEN, BUT IT WILL NOT BE PLAYABLE UNTIL 12:01 AM PDT / 3:01 AM EDT ON THE RELEASE DATE.

I think you're being silly. There are some of us (ahem) who won't be playing it until a few months from the ninth. Compared to that reality, a few hours or a day is nothing.

O_O

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 28, 2014, 20:40 (3528 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

I think you're being silly. There are some of us (ahem) who won't be playing it until a few months from the ninth. Compared to that reality, a few hours or a day is nothing.

Who? ME! I am never silly. Life is serious business yo.

That said... my curiosity is peaked. Why?

O_O

by Phoenix_9286 @, Thursday, August 28, 2014, 22:37 (3528 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Who? ME! I am never silly. Life is serious business yo.

That said... my curiosity is peaked. Why?

To say I'm broke is putting it mildly. I've been looking for a job for the last four months, but haven't landed anything yet. I secured enough to cover the cost of the Limited Edition that I preordered from Amazon, but an Xbox One to play it on is firmly out of the question (and if this is a franchise that's already dedicated to a decade, I'm going next gen from the beginning). And then, even once I have a job and the income to afford new toys, I still won't be going out and snatching one up. A certain piece of jewelry for a certain someone is a much higher priority. I've kept her waiting long enough, or to put it another way, my Destiny is in another Tower.

So, for the foreseeable future, that new game smell and whatever is included in the box (there better be a lovely full color manual) will have to tide me over.

O_O

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, August 28, 2014, 22:43 (3528 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

Good priorities, Sir.

O_O

by Jester GS, Earth, Friday, August 29, 2014, 06:35 (3527 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

So glad to see you have your priorities in the right place. Well done, and may extra money fall your way.

:)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, August 29, 2014, 10:12 (3527 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

To say I'm broke is putting it mildly. I've been looking for a job for the last four months, but haven't landed anything yet. I secured enough to cover the cost of the Limited Edition that I preordered from Amazon, but an Xbox One to play it on is firmly out of the question (and if this is a franchise that's already dedicated to a decade, I'm going next gen from the beginning). And then, even once I have a job and the income to afford new toys, I still won't be going out and snatching one up. A certain piece of jewelry for a certain someone is a much higher priority. I've kept her waiting long enough, or to put it another way, my Destiny is in another Tower.

So, for the foreseeable future, that new game smell and whatever is included in the box (there better be a lovely full color manual) will have to tide me over.

[image]

by SteelGaribaldi @, Sol system, Friday, August 29, 2014, 16:29 (3527 days ago) @ naturl selexion

Microsoft announced preorder and pre-load for digital versions of some games at their August 12 Gamescom press conference. From the GameSpot article: "the option will begin with FIFA 15 (September 26) and Forza Horizon 2 (September 30) this fall."

Destiny releases on September 9. Seems like pre-loading was pushed forward to include Destiny.

Thus, Destiny is the first pre-loaded Xbox One game.

... I had trouble logging into bungie.net today. This is what I don't want to see September 9 at 12:01:

[image]

So I'll be at the Mukilteo GameStop in 10 days, waiting for a physical disc.

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, September 01, 2014, 06:04 (3524 days ago) @ SteelGaribaldi

Microsoft announced preorder and pre-load for digital versions of some games at their August 12 Gamescom press conference. From the GameSpot article: "the option will begin with FIFA 15 (September 26) and Forza Horizon 2 (September 30) this fall."

Destiny releases on September 9. Seems like pre-loading was pushed forward to include Destiny.

Thus, Destiny is the first pre-loaded Xbox One game.

... I had trouble logging into bungie.net today. This is what I don't want to see September 9 at 12:01:

[image]

1. If the servers go down, that physical disc won't help you much.
2. Madden 15 was the first pre-loaded Xbox One game

by SteelGaribaldi @, Sol system, Monday, September 01, 2014, 13:30 (3524 days ago) @ kidtsunami

"the option will begin with FIFA 15 (September 26) and Forza Horizon 2 (September 30) this fall." Destiny releases on September 9. Seems like pre-loading was pushed forward to include Destiny. Thus, Destiny is the first pre-loaded Xbox One game.

Oh, cool, thanks.

... I had trouble logging into bungie.net today.

There are 2 sets of servers, the Bungie servers that the Destiny game will talk to when you're playing, and the Microsoft servers that will activate the digitally pre-loaded game, allowing the game to contact the Destiny servers.

You're right, if Bungie's servers go down, we're all hosed. But I was worrying about the MS servers that have to activate the game first.

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, September 02, 2014, 01:30 (3524 days ago) @ SteelGaribaldi

"the option will begin with FIFA 15 (September 26) and Forza Horizon 2 (September 30) this fall." Destiny releases on September 9. Seems like pre-loading was pushed forward to include Destiny. Thus, Destiny is the first pre-loaded Xbox One game.

Oh, cool, thanks.

... I had trouble logging into bungie.net today.

There are 2 sets of servers, the Bungie servers that the Destiny game will talk to when you're playing, and the Microsoft servers that will activate the digitally pre-loaded game, allowing the game to contact the Destiny servers.

You're right, if Bungie's servers go down, we're all hosed. But I was worrying about the MS servers that have to activate the game first.

Yeah, and who knows if a group of jerks will DDOS Microsoft or PSN that day...

Awesome, I was hoping for this so much

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, August 28, 2014, 23:32 (3528 days ago) @ Jester GS

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread