Bungie Weekly Update - 08/29/2014 (Destiny)

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Friday, August 29, 2014, 17:15 (3527 days ago)

good stuff

by Yapok @, Friday, August 29, 2014, 17:30 (3527 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Nice to see it has two different modes, and is on a weekly reset.

Moral of the Story

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, August 29, 2014, 17:41 (3527 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

However, your progress for the week is reset each Tuesday at the Weekly Reset.

Start a Raid on a Wednesday, Take ill on Thursday, Grow worse on Friday, Die some more on Saturday, and be buried by Sunday.

...something like that. ;)

Anywho - the other big thing that stood out for me was,

Obtaining loot from a given encounter means that character is not eligible to receive loot from the same encounter again in a given calendar week. This is often referred to as a "Lockout."

I italicized “character” above, because if you have multiple Raid-ready characters, you can run the Raid again on a different character - and the Lockout isn't applied to it.

I'm wondering if we will be warned in-game that the character we are playing as is "locked out", or if that will have to be a memory thing.

One more weekly update, friends. Then, Destiny is yours.

10 Days too many.

Finally!

by Phoenix_9286 @, Friday, August 29, 2014, 19:02 (3527 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I'm just vain enough to think that someone heard my plea! I've finally got something new to replace the Iron Man artwork that's been gracing my desktop for nearly a year. Venus looks gorgeous.

Also...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, August 29, 2014, 19:31 (3527 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Ya know... Part of me was hoping that if they could get them so large as to be at Times Square, that the images they released would be at least big enough for...erm... print stuffs. ;)

Yet... on the flip side, problem solving is all part of the fun.

[image]

I don't even know If I'll release it, seeing as this was a quick scratch up. If I could get a higher res vers. of the Hive & Cabal logos at least (which were REALLY hard to find surprisingly,) that would be super helpful. I can use the Pen tool, but I would prefer something abit bigger then a screen cap of a Bungie video.

Also...

by Phoenix_9286 @, Friday, August 29, 2014, 20:19 (3527 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I don't even know If I'll release it, seeing as this was a quick scratch up. If I could get a higher res vers. of the Hive & Cabal logos at least (which were REALLY hard to find surprisingly,) that would be super helpful. I can use the Pen tool, but I would prefer something abit bigger then a screen cap of a Bungie video.

They're all hard to find. All four enemy races have emblems if you check here. Unfortunately they're pathetically small given what they're used for. Using some cunning Reverse Image Searches and Google-fu, I managed to sort of track down better, higher resolution, versions of the Hive, the Cabal, (for which there's minuscule detail along the bottom of the pyramid's "legs" that I don't think anyone could reasonably be expected to reproduce) and of course the Fallen (because we've seen a ton of them, and good lord would that be a time suck to reproduce with all it's splats and dribbles). The Vex is fairly simplistic, and I feel like I could confidently reproduce that just from the tiny image I plucked from DestinyTheGame's source. I'd still want something at least twice as big, however, if only to verify there aren't some curves I'm missing (it looks like there are some subtle ones). Of course, there isn't anything even remotely bigger.

So that was my 30 minutes or so of trying to be helpful.

Thank You.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, August 29, 2014, 21:04 (3527 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread