More info on upcoming events (Combined Arms, Queen's Wrath) (Destiny)

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Thursday, September 18, 2014, 23:49 (3501 days ago)

http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Events-Starting-0919/en/News/News?aid=12153

Combined Arms looks really fun, and I guess it might be the closest thing we get to Big team battle.

Also, The Queen's Wrath is still a mystery to me. I have a feeling it will just be a new vendor at the Tower (or perhaps a new section in Xander-99's inventory)--but seeing as how there's a new symbol in the graphic--it might still be something that we select on the Director screen.

Sadly I'm going to miss the Combined Arms playlist. I look forward to it making a return in early October! (fingers crossed)

Holy cow. So much junk to do. I have a life outside of this!

by Funkmon @, Friday, September 19, 2014, 01:01 (3501 days ago) @ JDQuackers

- No text -

ditto! I just take it as it comes and I'm having a blast

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, September 19, 2014, 01:11 (3501 days ago) @ Funkmon

I've been playing in 1+ hour chunks mostly by myself and it's still amazing figuring out what I want to do in orbit. Would actually like for the director to be an NPC in the tower I could confer with so I could just head to the tower and consider bounties against what the director has available.

ditto! I just take it as it comes and I'm having a blast

by Achronos, Friday, September 19, 2014, 01:33 (3500 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I've been playing in 1+ hour chunks mostly by myself and it's still amazing figuring out what I want to do in orbit. Would actually like for the director to be an NPC in the tower I could confer with so I could just head to the tower and consider bounties against what the director has available.

I recommend using the Companion app or bungie.net - it will tell you what bounties are available. The "Advisors" and "Tower" sections are especially helpful.

yeah, I love them

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, September 19, 2014, 02:43 (3500 days ago) @ Achronos
edited by kidtsunami, Friday, September 19, 2014, 02:55

Especially the advisors. I'll make sure to check them when I'm hanging out with the director.

Warning slightly unrelated issue:Having an issue with the Companion App though where it won't refresh my guardian making the side menu not useful for Legend, Grimoire or Tower Map. Luckily Susan Arendt gave me the pro-tip that I could still access most of that by clicking through my profile. So right now, only checking out the tower when I'm at my computer, but looking forward to browsing the tower while cruising between planets whenever I get it working :-)

Anyways let me take this moment to congratulate you and the team on an awesome launch. The app and bungie.net are amazingly slick and I use them all the time. From the render of your character to the massive amount of data you can comb through it's all amazingly polished and consistent between the app and bungie.net.

Cheers.

The only downside

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, September 19, 2014, 10:38 (3500 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I don't care much for the rendered character on bungie.net/destiny companion because it's not accurate enough! You can't have everything I suppose. :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread