Nope. (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, September 19, 2014, 10:12 (3499 days ago)

but wait

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, September 19, 2014, 10:19 (3499 days ago) @ bluerunner

So many reviews said the AI was stupid!

I told people they did this! They laughed at me!

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, September 19, 2014, 10:25 (3499 days ago) @ kidtsunami

It's not unique to the Hive either- the Fallen also run if you're high level or on a tear.

I have not seen the Vex or Cabal do it though.

The AI isn't stupid, but it has it's moments (what game doesn't?).

Just like in Halo, if you take out the right enemy first, the lower ranks scramble sometimes. Fun to watch!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, September 19, 2014, 10:28 (3499 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I think this has to do with people not playing activities on high enough difficulties.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, September 19, 2014, 11:41 (3499 days ago) @ Xenos

I think this has to do with people not playing activities on high enough difficulties.

Probably.

Had the Vex get really nasty the other night. Hobgoblins covering, Goblins warped in, sacrificed itself, giving the Minotaur time to get right in my face.

Also had a lone Minotaur warp from a significant distance and land right behind me. Saw my radar light up, and just jumped right off the building. Too close!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, September 19, 2014, 11:48 (3499 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Probably.

Had the Vex get really nasty the other night. Hobgoblins covering, Goblins warped in, sacrificed itself, giving the Minotaur time to get right in my face.

Also had a lone Minotaur warp from a significant distance and land right behind me. Saw my radar light up, and just jumped right off the building. Too close!

I love the Minotaur's teleport right in your face move. You think you've got them in your sights and GAH! JUMP! DODGE! Never seen one do a move behind me though. Certainly had piles of Vex do a warp cloud in behidn me though. One of the best battles is to turn up the difficulty on the one where you analyze the mind core. On hard modes you get so many Vex all around you. Even my bubble titan was constantly running for her life! :)

"the enemy moves..."

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, September 19, 2014, 11:52 (3499 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Probably.

I love the Minotaur's teleport right in your face move. You think you've got them in your sights and GAH! JUMP! DODGE! Never seen one do a move behind me though. Certainly had piles of Vex do a warp cloud in behidn me though. One of the best battles is to turn up the difficulty on the one where you analyze the mind core. On hard modes you get so many Vex all around you. Even my bubble titan was constantly running for her life! :)

Haha that was the mission with said Minotaur.

Has anyone else gotten the "The enemy moves against each other" mission on Patrol? Had that happen on Mars, and found myself in the middle of a giant Vex/Cabal furball. It was awesome.

Bubble titan

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, September 19, 2014, 11:56 (3499 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Sounds so friendly when you say it like that.

by yakaman, Friday, September 19, 2014, 13:49 (3499 days ago) @ Ragashingo

This is especially terrible (in a good way) as I use a Fusion Rifle. Chaaarrrrggggeeeee and fire! <poof>

Shit.

by Phoenix_9286 @, Friday, September 19, 2014, 12:15 (3499 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Probably.

At first brush, this sounds like obnoxious behavior (mostly because I'm remembering how awful the teleporting Knights were in Halo 4). Presumably it's less like that (a constant function of their mobility) and more like a special attack or something that is done infrequently.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, September 19, 2014, 12:16 (3499 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

Mostly they just seem to use their teleporting ability to charge you. All vex will occasionally teleport somewhere (including behind you!) though.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, September 19, 2014, 13:33 (3499 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Mostly they just seem to use their teleporting ability to charge you. All vex will occasionally teleport somewhere (including behind you!) though.

And it isn't all the enemies either. Only high level Fallen seem to do it. Never seen Hive do it (that I recall). Cabal don't do it. Vex are the worst offenders, but it's not stupid Halo 4 style it's IMMA FUCK UP YOUR SHIT K? style.

Those Minotaurs give me nightmares. Flickering murderbots, I tell you.

Brilliant

by RC ⌂, UK, Friday, September 19, 2014, 12:53 (3499 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Yep.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, September 19, 2014, 13:44 (3499 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

That's awesome.

by yakaman, Friday, September 19, 2014, 13:47 (3499 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

That's awesome.

by Durandal, Saturday, September 20, 2014, 06:05 (3498 days ago) @ yakaman

I had something similar happen. I popped arc blades and wiped out a squad of Fallen, and this one Dreg in the back just looks around at the carnage, kneels and then teleports out like a wuss.

Do Dregs teleport?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, September 20, 2014, 07:50 (3498 days ago) @ Durandal

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread