Fascinating quotes from Xur (Destiny)

by Yapok @, Friday, September 19, 2014, 10:45 (3506 days ago)

reddit source

"My movements are not fully under my own control..is is different for you?"

"There are no birds where I come from the things that fly are like shadows."

"We came up from the dust and burrowed into flesh for warmth and became something new."

"My movements to a significant degree are dependent on planetary alignments."

"What sort of thing are you?"

"There is something inside me that wishes to connect."

"For organic life to prosiest it requires constant adaptation."

"The pull of the outer worlds is so faint here, the sun is so heavy."

"My will is not my own."

"An end is here."

"it is my will to speak to you."

"I hope to be here again."

"Some of these cells in this body began on this world, so strange to return."

"Bodies come and go but the cells remember and if they forget the Nine remember it for us."

"So much light here, I suppose I feel pain."

"So lonely here."

"Guardian"

"An end will come...we will be there."

"My function here is to trade...I know this."

"The Nine wish to speak to you."

"I may be here when you return."

"Please..."

"The Awoken did not make a choice...but we did."

"These inner worlds are very strange."

"My movements..are not predictable even to me."

"I am only an Agent, the Nine rule beyond the Joveans."

"I feel a great many consciousnesses impinging on my mind and all of them so small and lonely."

"I am an Agent of the Nine."

"Similar"

"I...cannot endure this place long."

"It is very possible that the Nine will help humanity."

"Speak with me."

"I understood my mission when the Nine put it in me but now I cannot articulate it."

"Each mote of dust tells a story of ancient earth."

"Items belong to the Nine not me."

"If I am here it is the Nine that sent me."

"I do not know what the Nine want with you."

"Some of this bodies ancestors where born on this world but we were greatly changed to live in the outer worlds."

"But it was the Nine that gave us purpose and the Nine that

"I came to the light..perhaps..to understand the light."

"You walk among them."

"I do not fully control my movements."

"Good bye."

"I have told you what I can."

"The deep black is many things but never lonely."

"I think the cells of this body are dying already."

"I have information but I do not know yet if you are the one it is meant for."

"Your traveler has a dark mirror."

"I think it is very possible that I am here to help you."

"we saw the colony fail...not knowing what we saw."

Fascinating quotes from Xur

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, September 19, 2014, 11:42 (3506 days ago) @ Yapok

These Nine will seemingly prove very interesting in the future. Are we seeing non-human, non-hostile alien life within our solar system?! Did they originate here? Did The Traveler spur their evolution while terraforming the outer planets? Did they come here peacefully during our golden age? Also very interesting that he says The Awoken did not have a choice in what happened to them but he did? Presumably he is from the Golden Age? Someone exploring or working out beyond Mars?

Destiny may have skimped on its upfron cinematic story, but don't ever let it be said that it's world isn't fasinating!

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, September 19, 2014, 11:55 (3506 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Perhaps the Nine are related to the Pyramid race we haven't yet seen? o_O
I can't wait to see what Bungie has in store for the larger world of Destiny!

Getting a bit of a Bentusi vibe

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, September 19, 2014, 11:57 (3506 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

The whole slightly aloof all-powerful trader thing. Anyway, I'll meet him tonight!

When does he arrive?

by marmot 1333 @, Friday, September 19, 2014, 12:09 (3506 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I was gone most of last weekend and missed him :(

When does he arrive?

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Friday, September 19, 2014, 12:14 (3506 days ago) @ marmot 1333

He's back. This time in the area near the speaker and icon vendor. By the big round door.

*facepalm*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, September 19, 2014, 16:32 (3506 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

I didn't find him by the Vanguard so I figured I had missed him...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, September 19, 2014, 12:51 (3506 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

He's selling a helm that might interest you.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, September 19, 2014, 13:31 (3506 days ago) @ stabbim

He's selling a helm that might interest you.

So I hear. :D

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, September 19, 2014, 13:44 (3506 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Perhaps the Nine are related to the Pyramid race we haven't yet seen? o_O
I can't wait to see what Bungie has in store for the larger world of Destiny!

I very much look forward to that art being realized.

On a side note, when I first saw Xur, I said - Why is the darkness selling me stuff? After reading this it seems it is simply a pawn. What do you all think Xur is?

There is a card for the Nine, one of the Legends *SP*

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Friday, September 19, 2014, 13:45 (3506 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I didn't save it, but the Nine are believed to be 9 Warminds that went into the far end of the system and decided to join the Darkness.

Sort of reminded me of the Reach Datapads actually, except knowingly going against Humanity.

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Friday, September 19, 2014, 13:50 (3506 days ago) @ SIX min WHISTLE

Kind of like Mendicant Bias, too.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, September 19, 2014, 13:58 (3506 days ago) @ SIX min WHISTLE

I didn't save it, but the Nine are believed to be 9 Warminds that went into the far end of the system and decided to join the Darkness.

The card actually just lists a bunch of theories about what they are, the Warminds one being the first one on the list I believe.

Guess I was a bit too tired while reading. *SP*

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Friday, September 19, 2014, 14:23 (3506 days ago) @ Xenos

Somehow these blurred into one story for me. Most of them sound cool, a few seperate ones seem to point to Jupiter too.

The Nine are survivors of the cis-Jovian colonies who made a compact with an alien force to ensure their own survival.

The Nine are deep-orbit warminds who weathered the Collapse in hardened stealth platforms.

The Nine are ancient leviathan intelligences from the seas of Europa or the hydrocarbon pits of Titan.

The Nine arrived in a mysterious transmission from the direction of the Corona-Borealis supercluster.

The Nine are the firstborn Awoken and their minds now race down the field lines of the Jupiter-Io flux tube.

The Nine are Ghosts who pierced the Deep Black without a ship and meditated on the hissing silence of the heliopause.

The Nine are the aspects of the Darkness, broken by the Traveler's rebuke, working to destroy us from within.

The Nine is a viral language of pure meaning.

The Nine are the shadows left by the annihilation of a transcendent shape, burned into the weft of what is.

I don't think they're hostile though?... *SP*

by HavokBlue, California, Saturday, September 20, 2014, 00:33 (3506 days ago) @ SIX min WHISTLE

I don't think they're necessarily agents of the Darkness though, because of the Speaker's line where he asks "Why don't the Nine help us?"

The "Dark Mirror" has me especially curious.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Saturday, September 20, 2014, 17:37 (3505 days ago) @ Yapok

- No text -

Completely Agree...

by CommandrCleavage @, USA-Midwest, Sunday, September 21, 2014, 19:43 (3504 days ago) @ someotherguy

- No text -

He should wear a diaper and consult a doctor.

by scarab @, Sunday, September 21, 2014, 00:21 (3505 days ago) @ Yapok

And yes: it is different for me. Well mostly...

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread