What happens when you report someone? (Destiny)

by scarab @, Friday, September 19, 2014, 19:29 (3507 days ago)

I had four people on three separate occasions tonight hide near a battle and just sit there until it was over.

I reported two guys for being inactive and a pair for cheating (as it was so obvious what they were doing).

This was in the strike playlist.

In the Archon priest strike a guy just let himself die and didn't move when we resurrected him. This was in the final fight but he had been idel before (I hadn't noticed but the other fireteam member meleed him when he was standing still and then that's when I started paying attention to what he was doing.

Another guy hung back where the spider tank was until we had killed sepkis prime then he took a Sparrow into the area (I assume to try to pick up something?).

The last two hid downstairs in a corner so it was just me and SP. After a couple of enemy waves I reported them as cheats and a few minutes later they rejoined me and we killed SP.

What's the story here? Is there a Youtube, raid farming, video doing the rounds?

I once had my TV lock up (black screen) so maybe the stationary guy couldn't help it. But the guy who hung back at the spider tank death site and the two who hid downstairs were in control of what they were doing. I saw one of them move tp his hiding spot and crouch there.

Does Bungie investigate all reports? Do they save the game to check it later? Do they wait until someone has had many complaints before they act?

What happens when you report someone?

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Friday, September 19, 2014, 19:51 (3507 days ago) @ scarab

Reports generally only do something if people are modifying the game, then MS will ban their box. If it's just being a bitch like that, it's usually up to the developers own detection system.

And yeah, there are a ton of stupid AFK methods of farming already. The game kicks you if you aren't moving at all after a few minutes, but people are rubberbanding to get around it.

by petetheduck, Friday, September 19, 2014, 19:53 (3507 days ago) @ scarab

Nothing, I expect. Really, what could be done?

I suppose you could just hide with them and see what they do. I'm always tempted to sit in the cave in Old Russia just to troll the farmers.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, September 19, 2014, 20:26 (3507 days ago) @ petetheduck

I'm always tempted to sit in the cave in Old Russia just to troll the farmers.

Watch Sword Art Online II to see what people will do to you if that's how you're going to be. :P

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, September 19, 2014, 20:25 (3507 days ago) @ scarab

Well there has been videos going around about 2 different things that people join the Russia strike for:

1. Rocket Yard loot chest farming loop
2. "Treasure Cave" engram farming

In both instances, people just join the strike because it puts them closer to the starting point for their farming even though it gives no other advantage over starting in Patrol mode, especially considering you could farm for longer by doing a patrol. It's extra shitty because you are wasting a spot on a Strike team's roster

But that being said, I'm not sure what the hell these people were doing by just sitting stationary... seems really strange to me. Also, what did you mean by "obvious what they were doing" in regards to cheating? What were they doing to cheat?

you get stuff for having "done" the strike

by scarab @, Friday, September 19, 2014, 22:54 (3507 days ago) @ JDQuackers

but don't have to do anything

Gaming the investment system

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, September 20, 2014, 02:05 (3507 days ago) @ scarab

Oh, people are not playing the game to game the investment system? You don't say? Nobody could have seen that coming.

Right, this *never* happened in Halo 2...

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Saturday, September 20, 2014, 06:49 (3506 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Yawn

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Sunday, September 21, 2014, 20:35 (3505 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread