If you could design the third subclass? (Destiny)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Friday, September 19, 2014, 23:45 (3505 days ago)

So we all see the slot for a third subclass. If you could design it for a class, what would it be like?

For my Titan it would be a Solar based attack set since Arc and Void have already been used.

Super - Wall of Fire - This attack when activated would send a flame wall out in an expanding V shape in the direction my character is facing.

Special Melee - Harpoon Elbow - This attack would throw out some type of device which would pull the enemy in from a short distance and mash them against my elbow with bone cracking force. If it wasn't strong enough to kill, it would knock the enemy down for a few seconds.

Grenade - Cluster Bomb - This grenade would bounce more like a standard Halo grenade and then burst into several bouncing mini grenades.

If you could design the third subclass?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Saturday, September 20, 2014, 01:36 (3505 days ago) @ red robber

I want some sort of support class for the hunter. Maybe something that buffed the reload speed and stability of nearby teammates, and dropped ammo packs for them.

by Durandal, Saturday, September 20, 2014, 06:12 (3505 days ago) @ red robber

For the hunter, the 3rd class should be a support style class. I was thinking that the main power would be a static turret that would allow the hunter to flank and distract enemies. Along with that the grenades would be lift, snare, and napalm to restrict movement in the turret field of fire and the melee would be a crowbar with some knock back effects.

by Tawpgun, Monday, September 22, 2014, 07:28 (3503 days ago) @ Durandal

Hunter definitely could use a support class, or something that makes them more viable in high level PvE.

The turret idea seems interesting. It would have to be void based. No idea what to do. Maybe like a one way void shield? As in you can shoot out of it but they can't shoot in? Bonus damage for rounds that pass through the void shield. Think deployable cover in Halo.

Maybe some way to use the void to weaken enemies. Like you cast it on a big area of enemies or enemy and their weapon damage is SIGNIFICANTLY reduced.

Lightbringer - Warlock Subclass

by scarab @, Sunday, September 21, 2014, 17:34 (3503 days ago) @ red robber

Warlock subclass whose super can convert any non-named NPC to the side of light.

So: hive wizards, the big machine gunning Cabal, Vex Minotaur (perhaps a Hydra), fallen captains. Each kill the converted makes generate an orb of light.

In MP maybe the victim is converted to your fireteam for two minutes (even if killed they respawn on your team). If they choose to stick with their original team they are still unable to hurt your team and have to avoid control points or they will convert it for your team. If they do kill their old team then imagine what that will do to their team's morale even once they switch back.

by Jabberwok, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 14:30 (3501 days ago) @ red robber

A Hunter focused around illusion and evasion: cloaking, jamming, decoys, that sort of thing.

Umm...

by RC ⌂, UK, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 14:52 (3501 days ago) @ Jabberwok

A Hunter focused around illusion and evasion: cloaking, jamming, decoys, that sort of thing.

Bladedancer already has a bunch of cloaking skills.

Options for:

• Right trigger on Super,
  • Crouch for 3 seconds and cloak,
  • Power-melee hit leads to instant cloak.

I'm still trying to figure out how to fit those options into a playstyle with pieces, but I was using the 'crouch and cloak' thing a few days ago to get around the shields of unflinching Cabal Phalanx.

Worked pretty well to line up headshots from a little distance away. Melee vs. Cabal not recommended on current experience :/

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread