Want to do the raid? Sign up here. PS4, October 14th. (Recruitment)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, September 20, 2014, 01:54 (3499 days ago)
edited by Cody Miller, Saturday, September 20, 2014, 02:00

Having braved the Vault of Glass I have to say it is a very cool challenge that I think tons of folks should try. I know a bunch of you on here haven't yet been able to, and I'd like to change that.

I will be organizing a raid starting the week of October 14. Depending on timezone and availability, start times could be anything but for now I'll tentatively say 7pm PST. Expect to put in at least two hours a night until it is conquered. If everybody is down of course each night can go longer, but I think 2 is a good minimum. Be available every night that week until it is finished. The idea is to plan for success!

If you meet the checklist requirements or will by the 14th, and are on PS4, then sign up here. If you've done it before feel free to sign up, but priority will go to those who haven't tried it yet. I definitely want to return with veterans later. I'll have to be a little selective the first time around, so if you don't get picked don't sweat, since I'll make sure you get to do it sometime down the line as I run more of these.

To sign up, reply with your PSN ID, your character class and level, your timezone, whether this is your first time, and anything else I should know about like interesting weapons you have, etc.

I can either lead everybody through it, or hang back and let you all figure it out only giving hints when totally stumped. I highly recommend not knowing anything and figuring it out yourself, but it's up to you guys which approach you want to take.

Please note that while I will try to be as inclusive as possible with these and further raids, the Vault of Glass does demand a lot of skill. Everyone has to pull their weight.

Be brave DBO!

Want to do the raid? Sign up here. PS4, October 14th.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Saturday, September 20, 2014, 04:29 (3499 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Speedracer513, Saturday, September 20, 2014, 04:32

That week should be pretty good for me. My Hunter is lvl 23 at the moment, but I should be 26+ with plenty of time before the 14th of next month. 7pm PST (9 pm for me) would be a perfect start time since I usually help put the kids to bed at about 8pm and would easily have 2-4 hours available.

It will almost surely be my first time through it and I have tried to stay mostly clear of info so that I can (help) work through it with virgin eyes.

(PSN ID: Guardian513)

by Yapok @, Saturday, September 20, 2014, 05:05 (3499 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Yapok, Saturday, September 20, 2014, 05:49

PSN: yapok1492

have not done the raid as of yet.

level 27 warlock.
Im working on level my exotic pulse rifle bad juju.

Im not sure yet but I may have an engagement on Thursday night, but every other day im available for sure.

by ShadowOfTheVoid ⌂, South Carolina, Saturday, September 20, 2014, 08:36 (3499 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Sure. I'm up for it. Hopefully I'll be a 26 come the 14th. I'm already on your friends list: ShadowOfTheVoid_

by LordOwen, Hiroshima, Japan, Saturday, September 20, 2014, 17:13 (3499 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Sounds good! I'm game :) This would be my first time in the raid.

LordOwen, Level 27 (as of now), Hunter, Central Time.

I've got a few exotics, including Thorn, Bad Juju, Gjallarhorn, Pocket Infinity and Plan C. I may have a few more soon.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, September 21, 2014, 03:52 (3498 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'll give it a go. 27 Warlock (both subclasses maxed and at maximum awesome), but I should be a 30 by then, Ascendant goodies willing.

I've been working on Bad Juju for now, but I also found a level 20 version of my explosive-round Regulator, which will be maxed by then.
Also, I have Gjallarhorn, but do have a Nova Launcher that holds extra homing rounds, since you said the Raid is Nova-heavy.

Haven't even watched a video of what it looks like inside, but I expect it to be far tougher than Phogoth-Crota-Room. Always up for dusting myself off and pushing through, though.

EST, though sleep is for the weak...

(munky-058)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, September 21, 2014, 08:47 (3498 days ago) @ Korny

I'll give it a go. 27 Warlock (both subclasses maxed and at maximum awesome), but I should be a 30 by then, Ascendant goodies willing.

PSA: If you have never done the raid you cannot get to 30 (as far as I know). Gear that drops in the vault has more defense, and hence light, upgrades over regular legendaries. To hit 30 you will need legendaries from the vault, plus an exotic.

by Pfhrogblast, Finland, Monday, September 22, 2014, 01:32 (3497 days ago) @ Cody Miller

PSN: Mistercake
I have a level 27 Titan, I'm going to start a Warlock soon. My timezone is UTC+2, so I might be out of luck. I haven't played the raid before and I currently don't have any interesting weaponry, just blues.

by Numinar @, Monday, September 22, 2014, 04:28 (3497 days ago) @ Cody Miller

http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018428456836/2305843009215624493#gear

Should be attuned by then, but I play late evenings CET so unless there is some kind of sister group for Eurotime or american unemployed/shiftworkers I probably cannot do it.

Everyone add me for late game invites anyway. :)

PS4:Numinar

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 14:37 (3489 days ago) @ Cody Miller

My psn id is DogCowMoof (someone already had dogcow darnit). My titan just hit level 26 last night.

by HavokBlue, California, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 14:43 (3489 days ago) @ Cody Miller

PSN ID: DurandalBlue
Warlock, 26
Pacific timezone but that doesn't really matter
It's my first time.

Subclasses are maxed, armor is legendary/exotic. Have legendary void sniper/shotgun/machine gun. Will have a legendary primary once I bust out this week's crucible marks. Working on maxing out defense/attack upgrades.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread