1.0.2 Patch is live (Destiny)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 10:05 (3514 days ago)

I, for one, welcome our new "Sack of Doorknobs" patch

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 10:13 (3514 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

- No text -

1.0.2 Patch is live

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 10:40 (3514 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Crap. I got a legendary engram just before I left for work this morning and didn't have time to bring it in. I know there was only maybe a 1 in 1,000 chance of it actually becoming a legendary item, but still...

-Disciple

1.0.2 Patch is live

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 10:47 (3514 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Crap. I got a legendary engram just before I left for work this morning and didn't have time to bring it in. I know there was only maybe a 1 in 1,000 chance of it actually becoming a legendary item, but still...

-Disciple

Wait, did they also change things so that engrams never read higher than expected?

If not, it might still have a legendary.

1.0.2 Patch is live

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 11:08 (3514 days ago) @ uberfoop

-Disciple

Wait, did they also change things so that engrams never read higher than expected?

Based on what I've read, his purple engram will now be blue but it will still have the same chance as before the patch of becoming a legendary item.

But more to your question, engrams will now always decode to the corresponding color or higher.

- CC

1.0.2 Patch is live

by Monochron, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 11:09 (3514 days ago) @ uberfoop

From the patch notes:

• Legendary (purple) engrams will always produce a Legendary quality item or higher
    • Note: Legendary engrams that exist in your inventory will change to Rare quality items when the patch is applied. However, decoding these engrams will still produce the same results as before

This is different from the original Patch Preview that Bungie posted:

• Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let’s be honest--even if you don’t, we all know they were blues already...

Can't tell if they are still trying to make a joke in the latest update, or if that is really what is happening.
Why are things so poorly communicated in this game! (jk)

1.0.2 Patch is live

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 11:13 (3514 days ago) @ Monochron

From the patch notes:

• Legendary (purple) engrams will always produce a Legendary quality item or higher
    • Note: Legendary engrams that exist in your inventory will change to Rare quality items when the patch is applied. However, decoding these engrams will still produce the same results as before

This is different from the original Patch Preview that Bungie posted:

I think they mean that decoding blue engrams works the same way as it did pre patch.

1.0.2 Patch is live

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 12:12 (3514 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I read it as "They are pre-patch Legendary engrams in function, but we colored them blue so that they obey the new rule about not giving out lesser materials".

1.0.2 Patch is live

by Monochron, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 13:16 (3514 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

That's how I read it too. In order to make both publications match, I would have to agree with Cody. *shrug*

1.0.2 Patch is live

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 12:38 (3514 days ago) @ uberfoop

No. There's still a chance, I just assumed I would have better odds of getting a legendary item from a legendary engram than I would with a rare engram. I missed the line in the patch notes about them still decoding into whatever they would have if I had taken them in before the patch, though. I guess I've got nothing to complain about now.

-Disciple

1.0.2 Patch is live

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 14:24 (3514 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I was definitely worried for nothing. I turned it in during my lunch break and got a set of legendary Warlock gauntlets. My warlock is only a level 2, but he'll have a pretty good head start when he hits 20. On top of the gauntlets, decrypting that engram was enough to bump me up another level in my Cryptarch rep. My gift from the Cryptarch contained my first post-patch legendary engram which is now a super-awesome three-chambered void rocket launcher!

I'm digging the new, more generous Cryptarch.

-Disciple

So, I just Decoded my vault full of 40+ blue engrams

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 11:20 (3514 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Not one Legendary. I suspect that pre-existing blue engrams were "marked" to prevent abuse of the new, higher chance to produce legendary items.

Ah, well. At least I got some progress in on my Pocket Infinity bounty.

How many cryptarch levels did you get?

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 11:36 (3514 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

5! No legendaries from those, either :(

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 12:03 (3514 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

- No text -

5! No legendaries from those, either :(

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 12:14 (3514 days ago) @ CyberKN

Yeah I am guessing the percent chance of getting a Legendary engram from a Crucible package has been lowered with the patch.

1.0.2 Patch is live

by Velociraptor112, Places., Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 13:39 (3514 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Now I'll actually be excited if I see a Legendary Engram!!

1.0.2 Patch is live

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 14:22 (3514 days ago) @ Velociraptor112

Last night I got to watch Lil' Blue's child-like enthusiasm of getting his first legendary engram get crushed by the devastating reality of the Cryptarch. I'm glad he got to learn that lesson of not trusting shady looking characters in the tower.

1.0.2 Patch is live

by Velociraptor112, Places., Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 16:09 (3514 days ago) @ bluerunner

Life lesson learned. Don't trust the Cryptarch.

1.0.2 Patch is live

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 16:32 (3514 days ago) @ Velociraptor112

This is why monopsonies are bad, m'kay?

-- Steve kids. Sorta.

1.0.2 Patch is live

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 16:24 (3514 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I definitely just got a white bond out of a green shop engram. Not the end of the world, no, but I wonder what happened.

Opened my Cryptarch packages and got Truth!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 18:23 (3513 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

:-D

Exotic Void Rocket Launcher whose rounds seek their targets aggressively and whose rockets will detonate early based on proximity to targets!

Definitely liking the new Cryptarch!

So...Gjallarhorn?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 18:27 (3513 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

No, the weapon is actually called Truth!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 18:40 (3513 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

I have that too; Awesome!

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 18:34 (3513 days ago) @ Xenos

I got Truth a while ago from a drop at the end of a Crucible match.

I've upgraded it to be able to "aggressively" track targets and I can say it's certainly more aggressive than your normal tracking launchers. video showing curve

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread