VOG question about supposed 5th chest (Destiny)

by Mariachi @, Kentucky, Sunday, October 19, 2014, 13:11 (3449 days ago)

Reading online about a fifth chest in the Vault of Glass that only spawns if you prevent the Templar from teleporting. But how in the world do you keep him from teleporting? In my previous play through at least one guy had the Templar teleport on top of him. Any ideas?

VOG question about supposed 5th chest

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, October 19, 2014, 14:01 (3449 days ago) @ Mariachi

Reading online about a fifth chest in the Vault of Glass that only spawns if you prevent the Templar from teleporting. But how in the world do you keep him from teleporting? In my previous play through at least one guy had the Templar teleport on top of him. Any ideas?

Stand in the circle when it says 'The Templar is attempting to teleport!"

Sort of…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, October 19, 2014, 14:40 (3449 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Stand in the circle when it says 'The Templar is attempting to teleport!"

I think he knows that part, Cody.

Standing in the Templar's teleport target circle is only the first part. Controlling the circle will turn the circle blue and then eventually remove the circle. This blocks his teleport and causes him to attempt a new location, starting the process again. You have to actually clear the circle away to prevent the teleport, so waiting too long before jumping into the circle is a recipe for being teleported onto.

Our group got pretty good at blocking his teleports yesterday; it helps to have callouts for each of his potential locations, and the back corners can be tricky to see. That said, when the Templar can't teleport, he can be burned down pretty quickly!

Also, standing in the Templar's teleport target will make him very angry, so Ward of Dawn and Relic shields are critical for mitigating incoming damage on the teleportation points.

Also

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, October 19, 2014, 17:10 (3448 days ago) @ Beorn

As far as we could tell, having multiple people canceling a teleport point didn't seem to speed up the process. We found it more effective to spread out so that someone was always close to a potential teleport zone.

Thanks! Excellent advice and tips!

by Mariachi @, Kentucky, Sunday, October 19, 2014, 17:27 (3448 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

by Lekku, Canada, Monday, October 20, 2014, 05:13 (3448 days ago) @ Mariachi

You planning on doing another run this week Mariachi?

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, October 20, 2014, 06:32 (3448 days ago) @ Lekku

having titans drop a shield on the teleport zone helps a lot

by Mariachi @, Kentucky, Monday, October 20, 2014, 09:36 (3448 days ago) @ Lekku

I want to, but I don't have a date and time set. I'll let you know though. :-)

I'd be interested.

by nash, Monday, October 20, 2014, 15:36 (3447 days ago) @ Mariachi

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread