Bi-coastal 360 Raid Effort - Round 2! (Recruitment)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 20, 2014, 05:24 (3475 days ago)

We're very close, guys.

I assume that you west coasters can't get on before 9 EST. Would 9:30 EST be too early? I can play until about 11:30 EST, and then we'll have to get a sub.

Bi-coastal 360 Raid Effort - Round 2!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, October 20, 2014, 06:29 (3475 days ago) @ Kermit

I can be there.

by Lawnmower172, Monday, October 20, 2014, 06:33 (3475 days ago) @ Kermit

PM? If I'm on, I can help :)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, October 20, 2014, 06:43 (3475 days ago) @ Kermit

If I make it on feel free to send me a message, might be doable.

Status upgraded to definitely

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, October 20, 2014, 08:05 (3475 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Chaos can get on too, so +2 from Portland.

Um, I helped a different group on Saturday.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 20, 2014, 08:13 (3475 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Kermit, Monday, October 20, 2014, 08:54

And I said I would post something about reconvening tonight.

This included the people here and Beorn a bit earlier--that's why I called it bi-coastal.

Boern gave me leadership so I presume the save is with me?

Anyway, perhaps we should have two threads so maybe we can gather enough people for two efforts?

As far as I know, SonofMacPhisto and myself were the only two overlaps between the two groups that played this past weekend.

EDIT: iconicbanana, I didn't realize you were from Portland. I see how the presumption was that I was talking about the group I played with on Sunday.

Most of the Saturday folks said they could play tonight so my first commitment is to them, but if they can't, I can help whomever.

Well we'll have our own raid reconvening!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, October 20, 2014, 08:19 (3475 days ago) @ Kermit

With blackjack and hookers! In fact, forget the raid! And the blackjack!

LOL!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 20, 2014, 08:23 (3475 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Who needs to kill Atheon anyway?

LOL!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, October 20, 2014, 08:37 (3475 days ago) @ Kermit

Who needs to kill Atheon anyway?

I do, since every group I have played with disbanded and never finished before the weekly reset.

Thread Hijack!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, October 20, 2014, 08:48 (3475 days ago) @ bluerunner

I do, since every group I have played with disbanded and never finished before the weekly reset.

Chaos still needs the kill on Atheon as well. Lawnmower and I are up so if we can get two more we can go for it.

Thread Hijack!

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, October 20, 2014, 11:41 (3475 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Chaos still needs the kill on Atheon as well. Lawnmower and I are up so if we can get two more we can go for it.

You guys handle Atheon. I'll take care of the hookers. *throws up Privacy Ward of Dawn*

also hey i'm in the other more east coast Portland wooo fun

Thread Hijack!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, October 20, 2014, 18:06 (3475 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Not going to make it tonight. Sorry about that.

Um, I helped a different group on Saturday.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, October 20, 2014, 09:09 (3475 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm not yet sure if I can play or not. If I'm online and playing Destiny I'm probably game though.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, October 20, 2014, 13:27 (3475 days ago) @ Kermit

Although I'm not sure I want to see another Harpy in my life, we really need to defeat that bastard Atheon just in honor of the eight hours sacrificed Saturday. :)

I'm up for playing tonight.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 20, 2014, 14:03 (3475 days ago) @ Leviathan

And I think we can do it!

by Claude Errera @, Monday, October 20, 2014, 16:17 (3475 days ago) @ Kermit

I can be there, I think. I have a conference call at 6:30, but it should be short, and in fact I should be able to keep shooting stuff during it. :)

by petetheduck, Monday, October 20, 2014, 16:23 (3475 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I can be there, I think. I have a conference call at 6:30, but it should be short, and in fact I should be able to keep shooting stuff during it. :)

Do you have Destiny for Xbox One as well?

by Claude Errera @, Monday, October 20, 2014, 16:49 (3475 days ago) @ petetheduck

Do you have Destiny for Xbox One as well?

I don't have an Xbox One yet... so no.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, October 20, 2014, 17:07 (3475 days ago) @ Kermit

I think I'm in. 8pm CST till whenever should be just fine for me...

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, October 20, 2014, 17:19 (3475 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I've been reading some strategies on the Raid. I knew nothing about the Raid before we went in, but I figured the cherry has been popped by this point...

The only thing I can think we can improve is that we need to make consistent roles - have three people always close in on the big guy and three against the wall so that the later is always teleported. Seems like the Relic Super is also really strong against Atheon.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 20, 2014, 17:27 (3475 days ago) @ Leviathan

I've been reading some strategies on the Raid. I knew nothing about the Raid before we went in, but I figured the cherry has been popped by this point...

The only thing I can think we can improve is that we need to make consistent roles - have three people always close in on the big guy and three against the wall so that the later is always teleported. Seems like the Relic Super is also really strong against Atheon.

*SPOILER*

Another big hint since we're sharing. The Relic can produce a protective shield through which everyone can shoot.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, October 20, 2014, 17:40 (3475 days ago) @ Kermit

Yeah, we were doing that... by which I mean I'd exit the portal with the relic, get completely disoriented, and then spin in circles trying to get my bearings... :p I think I generally kicked ass fighting with the relic once someone hinted to me that jump + attack = Death From Above but dang I sucked getting in position to shield everyone. :(

by BlackstarBSP, Monday, October 20, 2014, 17:40 (3475 days ago) @ Kermit

Yeah, I've been watching some successful raid videos online. They tend to also attack more from a distance in the high corners of the map.

I'm down if you guys need a hand again. 9PM EST.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 20, 2014, 18:13 (3475 days ago) @ BlackstarBSP

Claude's not ready until 9:30 PM.

by Claude Errera @, Monday, October 20, 2014, 18:18 (3475 days ago) @ Kermit

Claude's not ready until 9:30 PM.

not true at all - I said I had a call at 9:30 but that I'd work around it. I've been on for half an hour now - but unfortunately, nobody who did the raid is on my list. :(

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 20, 2014, 18:20 (3475 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Let me grab some helium and I'll be right there.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, October 20, 2014, 18:13 (3475 days ago) @ Leviathan

Uh, after today, that's not going to work out so well :-p

Yep! :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, October 20, 2014, 18:21 (3475 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, October 20, 2014, 23:01 (3475 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Uh, after today, that's not going to work out so well :-p

Well, good thing we beat him today then! :)

Had a great time, guys!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 07:36 (3474 days ago) @ Kermit

I'll miss the well-oiled-machine aspect of the raid. Now we'll have to be the assembled-on-the-fly well-oiled machine.

Had a great time, guys!

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 21:01 (3473 days ago) @ Kermit

I've been busy on the road for work this week so I just now saw this post. Glad I could help with the last stage!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread