There's no antagonist (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 11:13 (3474 days ago)

Dang, I know why Destiny wasn't that satisfying story wise: we had no antagonist.

The original Halo had almost as few actual characters as Destiny, yet we had an antagonist in 343GS. Someone to struggle against, with clear motivations of his own. We don't want him to succeed, so we strive to beat him.

Destiny doesn't really have an antagonist. We don't know the motives of the Darkness or the Vex, but more troublesome is we don't know what is at stake. If 343GS fires the ring, we all die. We don't want that to happen, so we try to win. But what is the Black Heart doing? What will happen if we don't stop it? We don't even see any effect from it at all, so it's hard to know why to care.

The very least that could have been done is perhaps have the Traveler's protective shield start to shrink as the black heart drains its energy or whatever. The outskirts of the city could become vulnerable, and perhaps be overrun. At least we'd have some kind of tangible reason to fight the darkness.

When is Destiny 2 coming out again?

There's no antagonist

by DEEP_NNN, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 11:22 (3474 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You pulled that out of your sock drawer, didn't you?

While we had to defeat 343GS' intensions, I never thought of him as evil or even a serious antagonist.

Only the Covenant filled the antagonistic role during the period I played those games. They were the one true evil at that time.

There's no antagonist

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 12:02 (3474 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN
edited by Revenant1988, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 12:15

You pulled that out of your sock drawer, didn't you?

While we had to defeat 343GS' intensions, I never thought of him as evil or even a serious antagonist.

Only the Covenant filled the antagonistic role during the period I played those games. They were the one true evil at that time.

Antagonist doesn't imply evil, it just means someone who's goals or motivations differ from the main character.

Destiny's main character is weak.

You are Destiny's main character.

Or are you? None of this is really answered.

Why should you care about your character in Destiny?

I did the daily heroic mission last night, the one where you first go to Venus and encounter the Vex in the library. Once you finish it, the Exo Stranger shows up again. Do you remember what she says, to your character?

She leans into her cloak, and talks to....someone.

Then she talks to you and literally says "I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain"

In that one sentence, you are shown what Destiny's story is, and everything that is wrong with it.

I clash with Cody on a lot of stuff, however, there is no defending Destiny's narrative for this first installment. It's trash.

It is indicative of Bungie shedding it's skin and rebuilding several things- their staff, their studio, their image, all of it. THAT, is why it deserves a chance. It's clearly building to..... something.

There's no antagonist

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 12:43 (3474 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Why should you care about your character in Destiny?

Because your character uncovered a functional Golden Age Warmind, and destroyed a major source of the Hive's power along with Crota's legendary sword. You also scored some major victories against the Vex, perhaps preventing them from overrunning Venus and you may have sent two Fallen houses on the path to a pair of internal civil wars. Above all else, your actions have allowed The Traveler to being to heal for the first time in centuries.

That all happened... it just wasn't communicated very well unfortunately. :(

I did the daily heroic mission last night, the one where you first go to Venus and encounter the Vex in the library. Once you finish it, the Exo Stranger shows up again. Do you remember what she says, to your character?

She leans into her cloak, and talks to....someone.

Then she talks to you and literally says "I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain"

In that one sentence, you are shown what Destiny's story is, and everything that is wrong with it.

I actually like that line and that whole encounter because it's more than just the one line. It's the one instance that Destiny lays out some neat clues that anyone can follow. We have in front of us an Exo who was not resurrected by The Traveler. She somehow knows about things beyond The City's influence. She somehow understand's the threat of the Vex. And, perhaps most intriguingly, she has a ship and allies or crew of her own that are having to be careful to stay hidden while going about their interventions. There's a lot packed in to that one cutscene. Most of it is unanswered mysteries, sure, but they fee to mel like mysteries that help expand Destiny's universe.

There's no antagonist

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 12:49 (3474 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I actually like that line and that whole encounter because it's more than just the one line. It's the one instance that Destiny lays out some neat clues that anyone can follow. We have in front of us an Exo who was not resurrected by The Traveler. She somehow knows about things beyond The City's influence. She somehow understand's the threat of the Vex. And, perhaps most intriguingly, she has a ship and allies or crew of her own that are having to be careful to stay hidden while going about their interventions. There's a lot packed in to that one cutscene. Most of it is unanswered mysteries, sure, but they fee to mel like mysteries that help expand Destiny's universe.

It is strange, because it seems like the beginning of the game is packed with cool stuff like that, but the end peters off.

Like, the opening has tons of cool stuff happening like your ghost turning on the lights, and a neat little scripted moment to make the world feel more alive. You emerge and a fallen ship warps in and knocks stuff down. The Warmind mission has you opening an array. You get a tons of cutscenes all through the beginning, advancing the story along.

But then the rest of the game is dead by comparison. You get fewer story moments, and there's little to no scripted stuff in the levels that feel 'big', or make the world feel like anything that you can actually affect.

There's no antagonist

by HavokBlue, California, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 12:55 (3474 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This is where I think there's some truth to the 'fake' bungie employee post on reddit a little while back.

The poster in question mentioned the cinematic nature of the first mission, and the way it uses things like Fallen crawling on the walls, and trip mines that are found nowhere else in the game.

And even look at the Devil's Lair strike. It's the only strike besides the cabal one on Mars to feature multiple bosses and the strike itself consists almost entirely of new areas. On the other hand, you get late-game strikes like the Dust Palace that consist largely of defending a dinkle-door in an area that is freely accessible and utilized in the story missions already.

I wonder...

by Webshift1, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 13:02 (3474 days ago) @ HavokBlue

if they decided to cut content in order to make the first DLC offerings easier to produce. Easy money as it were.

There's no antagonist

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 13:07 (3474 days ago) @ HavokBlue

And even look at the Devil's Lair strike. It's the only strike besides the cabal one on Mars to feature multiple bosses and the strike itself consists almost entirely of new areas.

The only new area is Sepkis Prime's lair. Everywhere else is accessible in Patrol.

There's no antagonist

by car15, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 13:17 (3474 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The Blast is accessible in Patrol, but it's not utilized, which is the distinction being made.

There's no antagonist

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 13:14 (3474 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It is strange, because it seems like the beginning of the game is packed with cool stuff like that, but the end peters off.

Like, the opening has tons of cool stuff happening like your ghost turning on the lights, and a neat little scripted moment to make the world feel more alive. You emerge and a fallen ship warps in and knocks stuff down. The Warmind mission has you opening an array. You get a tons of cutscenes all through the beginning, advancing the story along.

But then the rest of the game is dead by comparison. You get fewer story moments, and there's little to no scripted stuff in the levels that feel 'big', or make the world feel like anything that you can actually affect.

In general I'd say the Halo games relied on the strength of their core gameplay and the strength of their cutscenes to tell a good story. Each Halo game was pretty for its time but they always felt a bit... fixed and stagnant. I always wanted a bit more Call of Duty or Gear of War in my Halos where big interesting things in the level itself helped tell the story and drive you forward. Bungie tried a bit with Scarabs but they turned out to be big set pieces that mainly spun in circles. The best they ever gave us was the UNSC Frigate battling the Covenant Corvette. That set piece looked epic and it accomplished that feeling of having others in the world carrying out their own mission to help you accomplish yours.

Destiny could once again get by one strong interesting cutscenes like Halo did, but it sure would be neat if Bungie would step up things a notch and get more storytelling out of things happening around you and to you in the world.

There's no antagonist

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 13:08 (3474 days ago) @ Ragashingo

and destroyed a major source of the Hive's power along with Crota's legendary sword.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

legendary my butt. "The most powerful weapon ever yielded against humanity." give me a break. Worse than nukes? worse than the Vex? Worse than whatever "killed" the traveler? But, weak enough that a lowly guardian that has been dead for Hundreds of years was able to overcome it?

If that sword was the bane of our existence, then we are screwed as a species.

There's no antagonist

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 13:26 (3474 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Power in a world like Destiny's isn't always what makes the biggest bang. You kill a Guardian with bullets or disintegrate him with energy weapons, or maybe even drop a nuke on his head and he'll just stand back up, reform his speeder bike, and hunt you down. The ability to actually kill a Guardian seems pretty special which is why Crota's sword was one of the weapons we feared the most.

I didn't even consider that. Nice.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 13:42 (3474 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Kill his Ghost...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 20:35 (3473 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Funny thing, though... Ghosts can be killed without harming the shell or the "memories" (hard drive)...

Just gotta drain the light, it seems...

There's no antagonist

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 13:39 (3474 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Unless of course it was enhanced by its Wielder somehow. A wielder big and scary enough to be a Raid boss.

Though to me, the Sword pf Crota level kind of sums up everything I disliked about the story.

"Big sword, evil, very dangerous, go destroy it". Okay, cool. Good start.

"It was created by 4 swarm princes. To destroy it you have to kill them". Okay, thats at least kind of interesting. But that's where it stops.

Who/what are swarm princes? How did they create it? Did they forge it? Why don't they make another one? Does it have something to do with the ritual site? What kind of rituals take place there? Why is one prince at the ritual site while the others are guarding the sword? Is it a promotion? Demotion? Why does killing them destroy the sword? Is it bound to their "souls"? And why, WHY is the sword just in the middle of a big landing halfway down the Hellmouth, not in some kind of armoury or relic/throne room.

I feel just a little bit more detail would make that level feel like so much more than just a quick tour of the Hellmouth with a cool setpiece at the end. Give the princes a personality, or at least something unique. I've been fighting yellow Knights for hours at this point, so theyre not exactly intimidating. Tell me the ritual site is for something awful - make me really want to kill that Prince.

The same could be said about a lot of levels, but Sword of Crota in particular kind of encompasses the lot. I know theres a lot of cool lore behind Destiny in the Grimoire cards. Show us some of that?

There's no antagonist

by Avateur @, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 20:50 (3473 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

and destroyed a major source of the Hive's power along with Crota's legendary sword.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

legendary my butt. "The most powerful weapon ever yielded against humanity." give me a break. Worse than nukes? worse than the Vex? Worse than whatever "killed" the traveler? But, weak enough that a lowly guardian that has been dead for Hundreds of years was able to overcome it?

If that sword was the bane of our existence, then we are screwed as a species.

I know the Lord of the Rings comparison, while awesome, can come off like a joke, but in this sense I think it's a really good comparison. I'd argue that the sword was easily dealt with because its master was seemingly gone. They were preparing to bring him back, but luckily we got to the sword and dealt with it, right?

Well, we know that Crota's gonna be back in the next Raid, and for all we know, that nasty sword might come back with him. Maybe we delayed the inevitable? Now we may have to actually defeat Crota AND that sword to put an end to the horror?

There's no antagonist

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 12:14 (3474 days ago) @ Cody Miller

A lot of this has to do with the setting, I think.

In Halo, you are very clearly told what is going on in the instruction manual. You get the basic facts about who you are and what your goals are.

You are Master Chief. Master of any weapon. Pilot of any vehicle. You are likely the last of your kind, after losing the battle, and fleeing to this ancient ring.

Right there, from the instruction manual, you have pretty much everything you need to know.

You don't know what this ring is, but you know the Covenant want it. Your mission is clear at this point: deny them that which they want.

Then the flood happens and your motivation changes, from wanting to save humanity, to saving everyone.

Pretty cool. There are bits that get built up and and explored upon in other places.

Destiny doesn't feel like that, and it doesn't have an instruction manual. You've gotta figure, the average consumer isn't checking Bungie.net for concept work. They're not checking the weekly updates. They're not going to gaming sites. All they know of Destiny is what they saw in the 30 second TV commercial, and maybe their game stop rep. You start the game and it's "Hey, you we're dead, now your not, we gotta go, I can't tell you why" and it never gets any better. Even when you'd THINK there'd be time, Destiny doesn't have time for you.

But you're supposed to have time for Destiny?

IDK. I don't mind the hunt of some information and plot lines. That's actually fun, theorizing and filling in gaps, letting your imagination go. How it is now, is no fun. There's not enough info, and not enough reason to care.

I keep up with Halo because I like the story.

I keep up with Destiny because it's just fun.

I expect things to get better though. I'm just surprised with this first entry.

This quote is so good

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 17:34 (3473 days ago) @ Revenant1988

You start the game and it's "Hey, you we're dead, now your not, we gotta go, I can't tell you why" ... Even when you'd THINK there'd be time, Destiny doesn't have time for you.

But you're supposed to have time for Destiny?

These words are resonant

Yep - totally agree with this.

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 19:04 (3473 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Sorry for the low-effort post; but this resonated with me.

Heh, BOrg is the home of the *NM*

by RC ⌂, UK, Thursday, October 23, 2014, 07:16 (3472 days ago) @ Blue_Blazer_NZ

Sorry for the low-effort post; but this resonated with me.

It's totally K. Reddit, this is not.

There's no antagonist

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 12:24 (3474 days ago) @ Cody Miller

On one had we can see the antagonists that Bungie has begun setting up for future confrontations. Crota and the Hive seem to be gearing up for a major offensive against The City. Rasputin is gathering power by taking over Golden Age facilities most notably the Clovis Bray archeology on Mars. The Fallen lost several leaders to us in the game and might be in danger of facing a total collapse of their house system. The Cabal also lost a couple of high ranking leaders and might be losing a war elsewhere. The Vex suffered three major defeats with the loss of their Venus Nexus, with the their defeat in the Black Garden, and with their defeat in the Vault of Glass. And there's always The Darkness that seems to be behind it all in one way or another.

On the other hand, understanding the relevance of the above paragraph took a lot more than playing the game. It took reading hard to unlock backstory and making some pretty big leaps with connecting the dots. To the average player, Destiny is probably more like a string of unrelated missions than an actual story. There are some neat jumping off points if you take the time to understand what actually happened, but how many players have done that. I fear Bungie now risks pulling a Halo 4 where they have to try to explain each villains' motivations but it comes out as long cutscenes that don't make a lot of sense.

There's no antagonist

by Jabberwok, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 13:22 (3474 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Dang, I know why Destiny wasn't that satisfying story wise: we had no antagonist.

The original Halo had almost as few actual characters as Destiny, yet we had an antagonist in 343GS. Someone to struggle against, with clear motivations of his own. We don't want him to succeed, so we strive to beat him.

Destiny doesn't really have an antagonist. We don't know the motives of the Darkness or the Vex, but more troublesome is we don't know what is at stake. If 343GS fires the ring, we all die. We don't want that to happen, so we try to win. But what is the Black Heart doing? What will happen if we don't stop it? We don't even see any effect from it at all, so it's hard to know why to care.

The very least that could have been done is perhaps have the Traveler's protective shield start to shrink as the black heart drains its energy or whatever. The outskirts of the city could become vulnerable, and perhaps be overrun. At least we'd have some kind of tangible reason to fight the darkness.

When is Destiny 2 coming out again?

Part of the issue is there are so many things going on at once. Three different races to fight, with no clue about their motivations, and no leaders who seem to make decisions. A bunch of different settings, with no particular investment in them besides what happens to the Last City, which is far away from any actual gameplay. The Darkness, non-specific, and incorporeal as far as I can tell.

In contrast, the Halo series focused on one setting at a time, and had a number of single characters as villains. In addition to 343, the Overmind, Tartarus, and the Prophet of Truth. I always thought of the Flood as the main villain of the series, which had a very simple aim, and even a voice by the second game.

I guess they could be playing a long game, stretching out the story over multiple titles, but if that's the case, this first installment has definitely suffered as a result. And being able to fly around the solar system is cool and all, but the lack of a consistent setting makes the story even more unfocused. Seems to me like the Queen of the Reef and her brother are the only actual characters in the game, and I'm not even sure why they're necessary. Well, okay, there's also the time-traveling EXO, but she doesn't really do anything besides be mysterious. And when I say character, I mean someone who has a role in the story besides just handing out quests or delivering VO.

I would definitely like to see at least The Fallen get some proper villains at the helm, who actually have a role in the story, instead of just being strike bosses that I know nothing about (which makes it hard to care about killing them).

TImelines and Environments

by ckamp, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 15:57 (3474 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I think you are right, but I think there is even more going on. I got to thinking about why I felt tension in the Halo narratives and part of that was communicated via the world over time.

One of the strengths of the Halo games was that the environments of the world could help tell the story and reinforce your impact on the world over time. Think of the difference between the first have of Halo CE and the second half. Your actions in the world and the unfolding narrative allowed for the same geographic spaces to feel very different. The same can be said for the settings in Halo 2. High charity as the Arbiter is very different than High Charity as the Master Chief. Everything was moving forward towards a culmination and the environment helped reinforce this. In Halo 3, the whole skybox changed after I blew up that covenant gun. Even nostalgic visit to Alpha Halo II carried weight because of the narrative arc of these environments.

Destiny cannot do this. Every story in Destiny starts in the same geographic location, but people may be playing completely different moments of the narrative while occupying the same space. As such, the environment is crippled in its ability to tell stories about the events depicted in the game. Sure the environments can tell the story of the world before you showed up, but it cannot react at all to your actions. Your agency in the world feels a little bit empty. In Halo, when we replayed a level, we understood that it was linked to a particular time-frame in the narrative. There wasn't a disjointed feeling when we replayed it because the environment reflected that moment in time. In Destiny, when I replay a mission, I'm left feeling like I haven't really done anything.

A static game world is the biggest narrative challenge in my assessment. This feeds into the lack of an antagonist because, like player's character, they cannot affect change in the world. Sure, the grimoire alludes to the significance of our actions, but nothing is there telling me I saved the city. No one at the tower is greeting me as a champion. No one got threatened by the Darkness/Fallen/Vex/Hive.

This is sad because the encounters that are available as a result of their decision to have a shared world are amazing. I have so much fun in the environments they made. I love meeting strangers in the wild and I love the feeling it accomplishes. On the other hand, this comes at the cost of telling a story in which we have an impact or real agency in the world.

I'm trying to think of ways they could overcome this in the future. Maybe they could have different skyboxes and lighting depending upon when the missions are supposed to take place in the timeline so that a person doing a mission at the beginning of the game would see the world a little bit differently than someone who has already completed that portion. Keep the geometry the same, but instance the art. This is probably not technically possible but... one can hope.

I'd love to hear other people's thoughts on this. Are there any other creative ways to tell your story through the environment in a game like Destiny?

Timelines and Environments

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 16:46 (3474 days ago) @ ckamp

Hmm. Bungie added stuff to the loot cave easily enough and can alter kill zones and buffer zones, but those are probably just updates to the world files that everyone has to share. I wonder if doing something like removing the crashed Jumpship from Old Russia after completing mission 3 or whatever would require a duplication of that entire section or maybe even the entirety of Old Russia?

You also got me thinking about chests and resources. Are they really randomly placed when you enter an area or are the areas just on big invisible timers and that spinmetal that appears by that truck does so from 6:30-6:45pm then from 7:15 -7:30pm and so on (game world time) for all 3.2 million players? It'd be neat to go into party chat with a few people then travel separately to the same part of a world to see if all the resources show up in the exact same spots...

by ckamp, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 08:07 (3473 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Hmm. Bungie added stuff to the loot cave easily enough and can alter kill zones and buffer zones, but those are probably just updates to the world files that everyone has to share. I wonder if doing something like removing the crashed Jumpship from Old Russia after completing mission 3 or whatever would require a duplication of that entire section or maybe even the entirety of Old Russia?

That would be interesting and I'd be all for it, but it would come at the cost of new players experiencing the world as it was. Plus, playtesting would be hard.

I was thinking something more along the lines that if you were playing a level 2 mission and I was playing a level 6 strike, but we ran across eachother in the wild, we would actually have a different visual of the world. The same geometry might be there, but the visuals would reflect my actions that led to that point. Think Assault on the control room vs 2 betrayals. They used the same geometry (for the most part) but the visuals told a very different story. I don't know anything about implementing art in games, but it seems like this might be easier to do than altering the landscape and having to playtest that for bugs.

Am I in a dream-world, or would this type of thing be technically possible? Are playtests for new art assets harder than I imagine them right now?

You also got me thinking about chests and resources. Are they really randomly placed when you enter an area or are the areas just on big invisible timers and that spinmetal that appears by that truck does so from 6:30-6:45pm then from 7:15 -7:30pm and so on (game world time) for all 3.2 million players? It'd be neat to go into party chat with a few people then travel separately to the same part of a world to see if all the resources show up in the exact same spots...

I am also curious about this. I would love to understand the mechanics of the game-world's rules a bit better.

by RC ⌂, UK, Thursday, October 23, 2014, 07:32 (3472 days ago) @ Ragashingo

.. are the areas just on big invisible timers and that spinmetal that appears by that truck does so from 6:30-6:45pm then from 7:15 -7:30pm and so on (game world time) for all 3.2 million players?

Definitely not this. If you stare at a resource and no-one picks it up, it stays there indefinitely. If you pick it up, another spawns somewhere in the area after the one you picked up has de-spawned, so you never 'run-out' in any given area. There would be no way to keep it in sync.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, October 23, 2014, 11:20 (3472 days ago) @ RC

.. are the areas just on big invisible timers and that spinmetal that appears by that truck does so from 6:30-6:45pm then from 7:15 -7:30pm and so on (game world time) for all 3.2 million players?

Definitely not this. If you stare at a resource and no-one picks it up, it stays there indefinitely. If you pick it up, another spawns somewhere in the area after the one you picked up has de-spawned, so you never 'run-out' in any given area. There would be no way to keep it in sync.

What's annoying, is when you are running to pick up a spirit bloom, and is disappears before you can harvest it. That must have something to do with other players picking up other spirit bloom, but how does that work?

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Thursday, October 23, 2014, 11:48 (3472 days ago) @ Cody Miller

What's annoying, is when you are running to pick up a spirit bloom, and is disappears before you can harvest it. That must have something to do with other players picking up other spirit bloom, but how does that work?

A resource sticks around for a bit before despawning in your instance after someone picks it up in theirs. Someone might have harvested it and run off before you got there.

In addition

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, October 23, 2014, 11:55 (3472 days ago) @ uberfoop

Taken resources (be it Spirit Blooms, Relic Irons, chests, etc) glow differently than untaken ones, as a cue that it will vanish soon. Chests are very obvious, since they're open, Relic Iron and Spinmetal are fairly easy, since they glow a bright red, but I admit Spirit Blooms are very hard to distinguish.

by RC ⌂, UK, Thursday, October 23, 2014, 12:32 (3472 days ago) @ uberfoop

A resource sticks around for a bit before despawning in your instance after someone picks it up in theirs. Someone might have harvested it and run off before you got there.

Not quite: you're in the same instance. Some other guardian you can see running around picked it up already.

I'm guessing Cody mentioned Spirit Bloom as that is the one most visible from a distance and also looks the most similar between picked and unpicked. It actually happens with all the resources.

It's takes about 15 seconds, I believe, after picking before it disappears completely from your instance.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread