What I'd like... (DBO)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 14:52 (3468 days ago)

Maybe this is a feature request for DBO. I want to know what is available (Crucible bonus, daily, weekly, nightfall) in the director currently without having to open the game. Maybe this is on Bungie.net somewhere? I can't find it.

I like having a game plan before I crank up my console. I can see the bounties and plan for those, but I want more. (This really should be in the Companion app, but until it is ....)

its on bnet

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 15:09 (3468 days ago) @ Kermit

go to legend

go to advisors

lists daily weekly your current bounties and bounties available.

What I'd like...

by Achronos, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 15:12 (3468 days ago) @ Kermit

Maybe this is a feature request for DBO. I want to know what is available (Crucible bonus, daily, weekly, nightfall) in the director currently without having to open the game. Maybe this is on Bungie.net somewhere? I can't find it.

I like having a game plan before I crank up my console. I can see the bounties and plan for those, but I want more. (This really should be in the Companion app, but until it is ....)

The "Advisors" feature of the Destiny Companion (both mobile and bnet) is a great place to do this. It shows available bounties, the various challenges, raid progress, even how close you are to the various Grimoire bonuses (like kill counts of certain enemy types).

D'uh.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 15:19 (3468 days ago) @ Achronos

The "Advisors" feature of the Destiny Companion (both mobile and bnet) is a great place to do this. It shows available bounties, the various challenges, raid progress, even how close you are to the various Grimoire bonuses (like kill counts of certain enemy types).

I feel really dumb now.

D'uh.

by Achronos, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 17:20 (3468 days ago) @ Kermit

I feel really dumb now.

Don't. Rather, provide feedback, if any, on how to improve navigation or discovery so you wouldn't have to rely on me telling you about it. You can do so here or in #Feedback on bnet.

Just like Destiny itself, bnet and the apps have an aggressive sustain/upgrade schedule - feedback is encouraged!

D'uh.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 18:03 (3468 days ago) @ Achronos

How do I view my faction rep on the app? I'm on android. I can see the cryptarch and one other, but I haven't found the other faction ranks.

D'uh.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 18:12 (3468 days ago) @ Achronos

While we have you here, I'd like to say I love the app overall and use it often, especially to church what the daily heroic mission is each day. Along those lines though, I would live to see what the Weekly Nightfall/Heroic strike is, and it would also be beneficial to see Vanguard rank and Faction ranks (alongside the Cryptarch and Crucible ranks it already shows).

D'uh.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 18:16 (3468 days ago) @ Achronos

Oh, and one other feature I would love even more than those I just mentioned would be the ability to see on the upgrade trees for guns and armor, how much ascendant shards and spinmetal and such I still need for those upgrades. I understand you don't want the app to be too cluttered with info, but if that feasibly fits in with your design philosophy for the app, it would probably be my most desired feature.

D'uh.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 08:10 (3468 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Oh, and one other feature I would love even more than those I just mentioned would be the ability to see on the upgrade trees for guns and armor, how much ascendant shards and spinmetal and such I still need for those upgrades. I understand you don't want the app to be too cluttered with info, but if that feasibly fits in with your design philosophy for the app, it would probably be my most desired feature.

The upgrade trees are there, but what's bolded above is missing. It would be nice if it were added.

D'uh.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 19:11 (3468 days ago) @ Achronos

I feel really dumb now.

Don't. Rather, provide feedback, if any, on how to improve navigation or discovery so you wouldn't have to rely on me telling you about it. You can do so here or in #Feedback on bnet.

Just like Destiny itself, bnet and the apps have an aggressive sustain/upgrade schedule - feedback is encouraged!

So I just went looking at this stuff... and I realized that although the Weekly Nightfall Strike and the Raid have reset because it's Tuesday, my weekly earning cap on Vanguard and Crucible marks is NOT reset - clearly that runs off a different day. So, two questions:

What day?

And why the difference? :)

D'uh.

by RC ⌂, UK, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 20:25 (3468 days ago) @ Claude Errera

So I just went looking at this stuff... and I realized that although the Weekly Nightfall Strike and the Raid have reset because it's Tuesday, my weekly earning cap on Vanguard and Crucible marks is NOT reset - clearly that runs off a different day. So, two questions:

What day?

Nah, they actually have reset, but the site just doesn't reflect it. Likely, you haven't played today, and they save a few cycles by not bothering to update the entry until you do.

This

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 22:06 (3468 days ago) @ RC

Nah, they actually have reset, but the site just doesn't reflect it. Likely, you haven't played today, and they save a few cycles by not bothering to update the entry until you do.

I noticed the same thing this morning. I checked immediately before and after launching Destiny and "Pressing A to Play." Connecting seemed to update the data.

D'uh.

by Achronos, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 23:24 (3468 days ago) @ Claude Errera

What day?

So, while the time of the reset is correct, bungie.net can't see some data until you next sign into the game after the reset. There are a couple items on our todo list to remove those types of limitations.

D'uh.

by DEEP_NNN, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 05:11 (3468 days ago) @ Achronos

What day?

So, while the time of the reset is correct, bungie.net can't see some data until you next sign into the game after the reset. There are a couple items on our todo list to remove those types of limitations.

Strangely coincidental questions. I was just beginning to wonder about these issues too. I've been using the Advisor for awhile but never clued into the details of resets.

I've been pushing Vanguard stuff starting on Monday. Sigh.

D'uh.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 19:22 (3468 days ago) @ Achronos
edited by Cody Miller, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 19:25

I feel really dumb now.

It won't keep me logged in. I have to click the playstation network from the dropdown each time. It remembers my name and password, but does not auto log me in.

This is under safari, any version.

D'uh.

by Achronos, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 23:32 (3468 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It won't keep me logged in. I have to click the playstation network from the dropdown each time. It remembers my name and password, but does not auto log me in.

This is under safari, any version.

The web site's maximum session length is 24 hours or until you close your web browser (also it will time out after about sixty minutes of inactivity). While Sony/Microsoft/Facebook/Google can save your password, bungie.net's session will not save for longer than 24 hours.

D'uh.

by Monochron, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 07:22 (3468 days ago) @ Achronos

The web site's maximum session length is 24 hours or until you close your web browser (also it will time out after about sixty minutes of inactivity). While Sony/Microsoft/Facebook/Google can save your password, bungie.net's session will not save for longer than 24 hours.

I'm guessing it's the 60 minutes of inactivity that he is hitting. I have noticed that I am often signed out of B.Net after closing the tab and doing something else for a while. I guess the "a while" is likely 60 minutes and I haven't noticed.

I don't know the details behind the change, or what it took to link Sony/Micsoft/FB/Google accounts, but the old sign in method was much more streamlined. It is certainly still usable as it is, just not quite as convenient.

D'uh.

by Achronos, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 10:25 (3468 days ago) @ Monochron

I'm guessing it's the 60 minutes of inactivity that he is hitting. I have noticed that I am often signed out of B.Net after closing the tab and doing something else for a while. I guess the "a while" is likely 60 minutes and I haven't noticed.

I don't know the details behind the change, or what it took to link Sony/Micsoft/FB/Google accounts, but the old sign in method was much more streamlined. It is certainly still usable as it is, just not quite as convenient.

Simply closing your browser signs you out, although you are correct there is a 60 minute inactivity timeout (as well as the hard timeout of 24 hours no matter what you do). And the old sign-in method was somewhat less secure. Considering that you can simple tell Sony/Microsoft to save your login, it is a minor inconvenience for a nice gain.

Where's the Webmaster?

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 19:30 (3468 days ago) @ Achronos

- No text -

There are only two possible answers to this question

by Achronos, Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 23:33 (3468 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

- No text -

Is it possible to buy from Xur via app or website?

by scarab @, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 13:20 (3467 days ago) @ Achronos

I was away from home and had to use a cyranoid to buy what I wanted (the Saint 14 helm) because it wasn't obvious how to do it via web interface.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread