Late Night HARD Raid Party - Tonight? [PS4] (Recruitment)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 11:38 (3471 days ago)

After our successful normal raid last night, Cody Miller threw out the idea of trying it on Hard tonight. I'd like to give it a shot. It might be a complete disaster, but hey... we won't know until we try :)

I'll be online at about 12:30am EST. If anyone else would like to join in, let me know!

PSN ID: CruelLEGACEY
29 Warlock, no mic.

Late Night HARD Raid Party - Tonight? [PS4]

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 11:47 (3471 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

After our successful normal raid last night, Cody Miller threw out the idea of trying it on Hard tonight. I'd like to give it a shot. It might be a complete disaster, but hey... we won't know until we try :)

I'll be online at about 12:30am EST. If anyone else would like to join in, let me know!

PSN ID: CruelLEGACEY
29 Warlock, no mic.

I'm so in. As long as you don't get another Last Word from that chest :-p

I've done it on hard before, and there's a bit more to be concerned about, but it's manageable. I'll walk you all through it as best I can. Some others like Munky have experience in hard too. 29 is the absolute minimum though.

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 11:49 (3471 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Except it will be Hawkmoon this time.

Send me an invite if I am on tonight. I will raid the hards with you.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 11:55 (3471 days ago) @ Kalamari

Nice :) Your PSN ID is Killer Kalamari, right? I think I still need to send you a friend request.

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 12:13 (3471 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Nope, it's EvilKalamari, you sent me an FR last night. haha

Killer Kalamari would have been so much cooler...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 12:19 (3471 days ago) @ Kalamari

But what do I know, right? I'm only Mayor of Coolsville...

Also, looks like I'll be out of town tonight, no no tomb Raiding for me.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 12:51 (3471 days ago) @ Kalamari

oh yeah, lol.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 11:52 (3471 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Awesome :)

My 1 main concern: Do you think my lack of mic will be a big problem? I know what I'm doing well enough on normal to bash my way through, but I'd hate to be the one dragging the team down because you can't hear my cries for help, lol

In particular, we might want to stop and work out our plan of attack for the final boss. I can handle defending/opening the portals, but I've never actually gone through them do claim the relics. I hear that a lot of teams like to send 4 people through the portals (rather than 3) on hard mode, so I might need some specific instruction in case I end up going through.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 12:22 (3471 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

My 1 main concern: Do you think my lack of mic will be a big problem? I know what I'm doing well enough on normal to bash my way through, but I'd hate to be the one dragging the team down because you can't hear my cries for help, lol

Kalamari and I found that you have to change your playstyle considerably on Hard. It would be very tough, but since you're the only one of us who can identify Oracle locations based on sound alone, I think you'll be okay.

In particular, we might want to stop and work out our plan of attack for the final boss. I can handle defending/opening the portals, but I've never actually gone through them do claim the relics. I hear that a lot of teams like to send 4 people through the portals (rather than 3) on hard mode, so I might need some specific instruction in case I end up going through.

Use the in-game gestures to communicate your strategy. Bungie put those in there for a reason! Thanks, Bungie!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 12:53 (3471 days ago) @ Korny

Kalamari and I found that you have to change your playstyle considerably on Hard. It would be very tough, but since you're the only one of us who can identify Oracle locations based on sound alone, I think you'll be okay.

Wait, I never confirmed that lol

Use the in-game gestures to communicate your strategy. Bungie put those in there for a reason! Thanks, Bungie!

Point for "attack", wave for "retreat", dance for "I'm fucked"?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 14:00 (3471 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Point for "attack", wave for "retreat", dance for "I'm fucked"?

Just don't die. Make that your #1 Priority. We'll get the hint if we see you sprinting away from something :-p

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 14:16 (3471 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Would you say it's generally a good idea to play a bit more of a long-range game?

For example: during the first boss fight, I like to cover cave-side (as you and I did together last night). Does that positioning also work on Hard mode, or am I better off finding a platform on the back-right side and sniping?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 17:12 (3471 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Would you say it's generally a good idea to play a bit more of a long-range game?

For example: during the first boss fight, I like to cover cave-side (as you and I did together last night). Does that positioning also work on Hard mode, or am I better off finding a platform on the back-right side and sniping?

Whatever keeps you from dying! If you had a mic the platform could be good, because you could warn whoever is caveside about minotaurs as you see them.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 16:00 (3471 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I'm probably in. I was kind of planning on being a responsible adult and going to bed at a reasonable hour tonight, but who are we kidding?...

I will probably be online by 10pm EST and looking to do the Nightfall and/or Weekly Heroic Strike pre-raid if anyone wants to help.

(PSN ID: Guardian513 in case you didn't already know that)

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 20:57 (3471 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I could do this. I'm lvl 29 and have some fully leveled raid related weaponry for such an occasion!

Please feel free to throw me an invite!

PSN: SigbiasSilva

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread