Some people complain about Crota's Sword (Destiny)

by kornman00, Thursday, October 23, 2014, 12:32 (3444 days ago)

However, much like Destiny's story thus far (for better or worse), I think we've only been given a small taste of it.

The Sword isn't just any sword. As I recall from the cards (you know, those damn things you have to read to get anything more besides footnotes which the actual game gives you) that talk about it, it's made from the Ghosts of Guardians which Crota has laid to waste. Ghosts are of course made by/from the Traveler, and they have the space magic to resurrect select dead people into Guardians. So taking all of this into account, and adding Crota's channeling of the Darkness (or w/e power they tap into far beyond the system), you get something more than a Sword.

Of course, we're just Guardians within a Darkness Zone wielding the damned thing, so maybe we can only get a small taste of what it can do at the moment. My best guess is that it will come into play in Crota's End. Much like how what's-his-face forged the Relic in VoG from a Gorgon, I'm sure the not-actually-destroyed Sword (or maybe a new one which we have to defeat an initial boss to get, just like with the Templar) will be used by someone to resurrect fallen Guardians and other such shenanigans. Maybe resurrect chopped up Thralls into minions-of-the-Light? Maybe its usefulness relies on the number of non-fallen Guardians (all six equals full power/use, while having two down means there's an ability reduction)?

I recall Luke saying something about the Raid team having the leeway to explore more outrageous ideas in his last interview (esp. since they know for a fact there should be 6 people, who are assumed to be working as an actual team). We got a small taste of Sync Plates and portals/time streams in the Story, and then we saw them get put to real use in the VoG. So I can only imagine some of the things we've experienced or seen thus far have much more involvement with how we'll experience Crota's End. His Sword, reverse engineered pieces of the Traveler, humongous Orges, annoying ass Wizards (that are actually 'female'?), etc.

Cursed thralls....

by PsycoJoe, Thursday, October 23, 2014, 21:26 (3444 days ago) @ kornman00

And some sort of weapon that shoots exploding projectiles.

Some people complain about Crota's Sword

by Monochron, Friday, October 24, 2014, 06:17 (3443 days ago) @ kornman00

It is one of the few game play changers in the game. It lets you maneuver completely differently when you use it (like the Relic and BladeDancer), has a couple different attack modes, and gives you a nice 3rd person in any battle.

We should see more innovative weapons like it in the game.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, October 24, 2014, 07:46 (3443 days ago) @ Monochron

It is one of the few game play changers in the game. It lets you maneuver completely differently when you use it (like the Relic and BladeDancer), has a couple different attack modes, and gives you a nice 3rd person in any battle.

We should see more innovative weapons like it in the game.

It's absolutely my favorite level in the game. I play it some times just to f' up the swarm princes. NOW I HAVE A SWORD TOO BITCH. PAYBACK TIME.

by digital_ronin, Friday, October 24, 2014, 10:43 (3443 days ago) @ iconicbanana

It's a fun mission to play if you have to top off the "Kill Hive Majors or Ultras" bounty.

Don't get me wrong, I love that sword

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, October 24, 2014, 17:08 (3443 days ago) @ Monochron

<obligatory "but"> it certainly does not live up to its legend, as far as we got to see in the game.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread