CruelLEGACEY's Late night Hard Raid progress (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, October 24, 2014, 01:16 (3444 days ago)

Last night we beat the templar. Tonight we beat the gatekeeper. Tomorrow, we become DBO's first (I think) team to conquer hard mode!

We beat the gatekeeper by the skin of our teeth. During the attempt, we had someone drop. We had a nice save as a relic holder went down by CruelLEGACEY, and by the end I believe it was just the two relic holders left standing. But we did it.

Our strategy:

1. Snipe the gatekeeper before entering the room.

2. Open the left portal and send three people through. Three stay back. Everyone going through unloads on the gatekeeper. After one volley, one of them returns to help the outside team. Necessary since there were five 29s. The other two kill the gatekeeper. On its death, one runs out, the other grabs the relic and runs back, ignoring all the enemies.

3. Two go through the right portal, 4 stay outside. One person outside is on Hobgoblin duty. Everybody ignores the Minotaurs coming to the conflux, because the inside team is so sweet they can be in and out before too many sacrifices. Relic holder uses his super on the gatekeeper, and the other snipes. When the gatekeeper dies, the relic holder eliminates the Vex with a smash, then runs out to take on the previously ignored Minotaurs.

4. After the second relic is out of the protal, the two relic holders tag team the future Praetorians until the encounter is won.

That was the plan, but it didn't happen EXACTLY that way :-p

Video coming.

CruelLEGACEY's Late night Hard Raid progress

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, October 24, 2014, 03:11 (3444 days ago) @ Cody Miller

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, October 24, 2014, 08:40 (3444 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Nice, you guys made it look almost easy!

My little group of 6 raid noobs were working on that same section (normal mode) last night & I thought we were all dead and looking at the 'skull/wiped screen' when we all got loot & passed that section (after hours of trying). I really need to learn to use that share button so I can go back & see what really happened.

I gotta say, I was pretty proud of my little group's perseverance last night. It's hard to run up against a wall for 2 hours before scraping through.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, October 24, 2014, 14:33 (3443 days ago) @ dogcow

Nice, you guys made it look almost easy!

Thanks! Although if you'd been there I doubt you'd be saying that... we died A LOT.

Definitely took a lot of iteration, but we eventually landed on a strategy that worked for us :)

Alternate Perspective #1

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, October 24, 2014, 12:55 (3443 days ago) @ Cody Miller

In which I die unceremoniously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbKPrIJvMLA

Alternate Perspective #1

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, October 24, 2014, 13:50 (3443 days ago) @ CyberKN

In which I die unceremoniously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbKPrIJvMLA

Man I love seeing what other people do!

I'd LOVE to run the Vault with a good group someday who all have capture cards, and make a video with everybody's view synced up. Can you guys capture more than 15 min of video? :-p

P.S. Your death was not for nothing!

Alternate Perspective #1

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, October 24, 2014, 14:03 (3443 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I had an idea, waaaaay back in the day when I was doing Halo Reach mythic guides, to record a 3 or 4 player co-op run from all player's perspectives and edit them all together into a single video guide. I wanted to swap perspectives back and forth, sometimes zoom in on 1 angle while showing the others in a smaller splitscreen view. I wanted to break away from real time as well; repeat certain encounters from various angles where it was helpful. Then I wanted to add a group commentary track with all players talking about what was happening.

Too bad I never got around to it lol

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, October 24, 2014, 09:45 (3444 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm still twitching from that one!

It sure was a grind, but it was amazing to go in with a group and bang our heads against the wall while forming a plan of attack. Even though we failed countless times, we learned a little something from each attempt. It felt fantastic to squeak through at the end. So satisfying :)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, October 24, 2014, 09:57 (3444 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Cody Miller, Friday, October 24, 2014, 10:19

It sure was a grind, but it was amazing to go in with a group and bang our heads against the wall while forming a plan of attack. Even though we failed countless times, we learned a little something from each attempt. It felt fantastic to squeak through at the end. So satisfying :)

Atheon will be easy compared to that.

It's also fun to try new things. With my other group, I am usually the one staying outside, then soloing the Minotaurs while taking out hobgoblins in between. It was cool to be in the portal this time :-)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, October 24, 2014, 10:01 (3444 days ago) @ Cody Miller

My body is ready.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, October 24, 2014, 18:10 (3443 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Atheon will be easy compared to that.

I sure hope so... I don't know if my body can handle a third straight night of not going to bed until 3am!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread