Xur's Goodies... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, October 24, 2014, 06:16 (3466 days ago)

Exotic Gear:
Titan Gear: The Armentarium [13 sc]
Hunter Gear: Crest of Alpha Lupi [13 sc]
Warlock Gear: Voidfang Vestments [13 sc]

Weapon: Suros Regime [23 sc]

Engram: Gauntlets [23 sc]

Curios:
Hand Cannon Telemetry [1 sc]
Fusion Rifle Telemetry [1 sc]
Machine Gun Telemetry [1 sc]
Plasma Drive (Blue) [23 sc]
Emerald Coil (Green) [23 sc]
Heavy Ammo Synthesis [1 sc]

Dear Achronos

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, October 24, 2014, 06:26 (3466 days ago) @ Korny

If I could see Xur on the map when checking the app, I would be sooo happy

[image]

My theory...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, October 24, 2014, 07:08 (3466 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I think he's always on the map, just in a spot where we can't see him. Having his location and stuff viewable on the companion app would throw people off, unless they could hide him in the app as well. It would explain why his stock shows up as weekly as well...

My theory...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, October 24, 2014, 07:13 (3466 days ago) @ Korny

My Friday morning routine is now to wake up and check the Xur thread on r/destinythegame. They're pretty good about having his location and wares posted as soon as he's available. Then I can make a quick run to the Tower before heading to work and get what I want.

^^^This^^^

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, October 24, 2014, 07:49 (3466 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

My theory...

by petetheduck, Friday, October 24, 2014, 07:22 (3466 days ago) @ Korny

I think he's always on the map, just in a spot where we can't see him. Having his location and stuff viewable on the companion app would throw people off, unless they could hide him in the app as well. It would explain why his stock shows up as weekly as well...

Just look for the cluster of nametags of everyone standing around him when you arrive in the Tower.

My theory...

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, October 24, 2014, 07:24 (3466 days ago) @ petetheduck

Just look for the cluster of nametags of everyone standing around him when you arrive in the Tower.

Heh, I've done exactly that for the last two weeks.

Still, when he's in the tower, it would be nice to see what he's selling from the app, even if they don't want to tell me where he is.

My theory...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, October 24, 2014, 12:09 (3466 days ago) @ petetheduck

I had an exotic bounty where I had to buy something from him. When he appeared, the game put up a waypoint at his location :-p

My theory...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, October 24, 2014, 12:33 (3466 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Yep. That's happened to me the past two weeks! :p

Dear Achronos

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, October 24, 2014, 08:13 (3466 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I kind of like having to find him every week, but since all I usually have to do is look for a clump of name tags in an odd location, it takes some of the fun out of it.

-Disciple

Dear Achronos

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, October 24, 2014, 08:14 (3466 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I kind of like having to find him every week, but since all I usually have to do is look for a clump of name tags in an odd location, it takes some of the fun out of it.

-Disciple

It helps if you crouch while you do it too. Feels like christmas! Or a really lame game of hide and seek.

Dear Achronos

by Achronos, Friday, October 24, 2014, 17:22 (3465 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Achronos is on a well deserved vacation, spending his time playing Destiny and Civ: Beyond Earth.

And besides, lately I've been heads down on perf and infrastructure stuff. Apparently, lots of people like posting on bungie.net - keeping it from falling over has been entertaining... but so far, successful. :)

grrrrr

by PsychoRaven, Oklahoma, Friday, October 24, 2014, 07:33 (3466 days ago) @ Korny

Figures the week when Suros is back I don't have enough coins on either console. Looks like I'm going to miss it again unless I get the weekly run on both my characters on PS4. Xbox I'm screwed as I've already done the weekly on my warlock but my titan isn't even 20 yet.

GRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Different kind of Grrr

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, October 24, 2014, 07:53 (3466 days ago) @ PsychoRaven

I only just got a Suros from the nightfall. Guess I'll save my coins for Red Death when it comes up again.

wish I was that lucky

by PsychoRaven, Oklahoma, Friday, October 24, 2014, 08:04 (3466 days ago) @ someotherguy

I wish I was that lucky. I almost never get shit from nightfalls. Hell even when I was raiding on PS4 I got nothing but ass shards except a warlock bond and the shader. My luck when it comes to RNG is beyond awful.

wish I was that lucky

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, October 24, 2014, 08:16 (3466 days ago) @ PsychoRaven

Hell even when I was raiding on PS4 I got nothing but ass shards...

Ass shards. Worst. Reward. Ever. :p

-Disciple

You're telling me.

by PsychoRaven, Oklahoma, Friday, October 24, 2014, 08:20 (3466 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Yup you're telling me. I think each boss should at least give one piece of gear. At least 1. You can give me shards but give me just 1 piece of usable loot damn it.

Count your blessings

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, October 24, 2014, 08:22 (3466 days ago) @ PsychoRaven

Your chocolate is in my peanut butter, dood.

I've got more exotics than I know what to do with, and I never, ever have enough shards to upgrade them.

Ever.

So, bank those shards.

You will need them later, and you will PAY.

Count your blessings

by PsychoRaven, Oklahoma, Friday, October 24, 2014, 08:39 (3466 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Oh I did. They did come in handy upgrading gear I did have. that's why I have the gear to make me 29. I'm of course currently 27 as I'm leveling a new helm and gloves on PS4. lol

Count your blessings

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, October 24, 2014, 09:18 (3466 days ago) @ Revenant1988

So, bank those shards.

You will need them later, and you will PAY.

Once you reach where I'm at, and your armor is upgraded, it's the Ascendant Energy you need for all your sweet weapons :-p

I'm sitting on about 80 shards right now, with nothing to use them on.

^^^THIS^^^

by JComboBox, Friday, October 24, 2014, 09:30 (3466 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Once you reach where I'm at, and your armor is upgraded, it's the Ascendant Energy you need for all your sweet weapons :-p

I've also run the Raid 3 times now and have no Raid Gear to show for it. I've only gotten some of the Raid Weapons, further increasing my need for Ascendant Energy!

Just spent 69 Motes of Light on Xûr...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, October 24, 2014, 07:52 (3466 days ago) @ Korny

Got two Sunbreakers, which I already have, and a Young Ahamkara's Spine... which I already have...

These random engrams are not as advertised. Bungie clearly flat-out lied about them being random if all they give you is stuff you already have. The exotic gear is on my disk, so I own it, and I have a right to use it. I shouldn't have to work hard and not receive adequate rewards for the fun I had while earning those Motes of Light...

I'm gonna go complain online about this.

Your first mistake was buying Exotic Gauntlet engrams. Yuck.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, October 24, 2014, 07:55 (3466 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Your first mistake was buying Exotic Gauntlet engrams. Yuck.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, October 24, 2014, 08:03 (3466 days ago) @ someotherguy

Really, I was just wanting to spend Motes, since I have so many that I figured whatevs. I don't even need gauntlets, since I have some for each class, and I prefer Chests, which I also have multiple of for each class, but eh... At this point, I'm just buying whatever I don't have, even if I won't use it...

[image]

Steps to happiness

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, October 24, 2014, 08:15 (3466 days ago) @ someotherguy

Buy Engram from Xur

Turns into Hunter helmet

Play Nightfall Strike

get Daft Punk helmet for free

Dance into the future

Steps to happiness

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, October 24, 2014, 08:26 (3466 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

That helmet is dumb.
Disco's dead, the darkness killed it.
Thank god.

It brought the metal. Also, metal to the moon, because.

You can't kill the metal.

The metal will live on.

Long live the metal.

-Rev want's a new helmet for his Titan, but it's actually just Lemmy Kilmister's hat. It's special abilities include being able to down a bottle of JD a day to activate the upgrade to Shoulder Charge: Titan Mosh.

Steps to happiness

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, October 24, 2014, 08:36 (3466 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I feel like, just for you, they should make a special version of the Hawkmoon called the Hawkwind.

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Friday, October 24, 2014, 08:47 (3466 days ago) @ Korny

Xur is a troll, just ignore him.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, October 24, 2014, 08:54 (3466 days ago) @ Kalamari

Xur is a troll, just ignore him.

You may be on to something here...he loves dark places, like under a bridge...he makes you pay a toll...he looks exactly like Danny DeVito...

You've got to pay the troll toll . . .

by Monochron, Friday, October 24, 2014, 10:27 (3466 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

It's "Boy's Soul," Frank.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, October 24, 2014, 10:29 (3466 days ago) @ Monochron

- No text -

by DEEP_NNN, Friday, October 24, 2014, 09:10 (3466 days ago) @ Korny

I think I read the punch line as sarcasm. ?

Armamentarium

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, October 24, 2014, 11:15 (3466 days ago) @ Korny

Worth noting that this week's Armamentarium has much better Discipline than last week's. 25 extra Discipline is only like 10% recharge improvement, but every little helps.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread