Suros Regime vs Shadow Price (Destiny)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, October 24, 2014, 08:45 (3462 days ago)

Is Suros Regime worth having to not carry a different legendary weapon (like the icebreaker)? I'm mainly playing PvE, but I also play some PvP.

Suros Regime vs Shadow Price

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, October 24, 2014, 08:48 (3462 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Depends on your playstyle. I typically jetpack around with my shoulder charge and a Shotgun, so I like my Suros for ranged encounters. As soon as I get Plan C I'll be swapping it out for a Shingen though.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, October 24, 2014, 09:06 (3462 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I LOVE Shadow Price and have used it as my main weapon for PVP and any encounters with large groups of Thrall since shortly after the game launched. I picked up Suros Regime today mostly just because I had the coins to spend. After using it for about 2 minutes, with no upgrades, I've decided it's time to bench Shadow Price. I'll keep in my backpack for times when I need an exotic special or heavy, but Suros Regime is just an amazing auto rifle. I can't wait to see what it can do when it's totally upgraded!

-Disciple

by Jironimo ⌂, Friday, October 24, 2014, 14:17 (3462 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Thanks for the head's up man. I love my Shadow Price and I didn't know if it was worth getting Suros Regime. ARs are my favorite weapon class so I'll get good use out of it.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, October 24, 2014, 09:14 (3462 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Is Suros Regime worth having to not carry a different legendary weapon (like the icebreaker)? I'm mainly playing PvE, but I also play some PvP.

I don't use it that much anymore, but yes it's a very good auto rifle. I've found other exotics (like icebreaker and truth) to be more useful in the PvE mode, and in PvP I like Truth so much it's hard to go back.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, October 24, 2014, 09:24 (3462 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Is "Truth" the rocket launcher that was for sale last weekend? It didn't seem all that interesting to me.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, October 24, 2014, 09:33 (3462 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Is "Truth" the rocket launcher that was for sale last weekend? It didn't seem all that interesting to me.

I got truth from the VOG and I love it. The enemy tracking on it is very good. It basically got me through the void damage part of the thorn bounty. You can basically snipe people with it, b/c if they move, it will just follow them (as long as geometry doesn't get in the way)

It is perfect for the large Mars map (forget the name). I've "sniped" tons of snipers with it. Even if they hide behind a pillar, it will curve and hit the corner of the pillar and kill them with splash damage.

Bastion is the map you're thinking of.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, October 24, 2014, 09:37 (3462 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I agree, with the crazy good tracking Truth is really good for longer shots on enemies (PvP or PvE) as the lock on takes effect on fire instead of on hit, so if the enemy vastly changes position you have a much better chance of getting a kill with it than with Gjallarhorn. With proximity explosion and a huge blast radius you also have a great chance of getting a kill at close range. For damage done of course, Gjallarhorn does MUCH more damage against big bads, so they each have their own strengths.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, October 24, 2014, 09:44 (3462 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Ah, I got the "Unfriendly Giant" with the "Tracking" upgrade and the "Clown Cartridge" upgrade out of an engram at some point. (You can see it in my current equipment.) It's pretty awesome so that's probably why I didn't think "Truth" looked all that good.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, October 24, 2014, 10:08 (3462 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

The tracking on Truth is MUCH more aggressive! I call it the Wizard Killer because once during the Summoning Pits I fired it down the hall at a Wizard, who fled into the next room, and about 2 seconds went by before I got the kill, which means it did a complete U-turn to track the Wizard.

Wow

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, October 24, 2014, 10:10 (3462 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, October 24, 2014, 10:15 (3462 days ago) @ Xenos

The tracking on Truth is MUCH more aggressive! I call it the Wizard Killer because once during the Summoning Pits I fired it down the hall at a Wizard, who fled into the next room, and about 2 seconds went by before I got the kill, which means it did a complete U-turn to track the Wizard.

It's also a stone cold Praetorian murderer while in the Vault of Glass.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, October 24, 2014, 10:33 (3462 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Ah, I got the "Unfriendly Giant" with the "Tracking" upgrade and the "Clown Cartridge" upgrade out of an engram at some point. (You can see it in my current equipment.) It's pretty awesome so that's probably why I didn't think "Truth" looked all that good.

Interesting. I got that launcher with a drop, but it has totally different abilities. Instead of tracking, I got 'Surplus' (expect to find more ammo for this weapon), and instead of Clown Cartridge I got 'Who's Next?' (faster reloading if I get a kill with the last round).

Even our choice trees are different. (Mine's here.) I think I like yours better. :)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, October 24, 2014, 10:35 (3462 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Interesting. I got that launcher with a drop, but it has totally different abilities. Instead of tracking, I got 'Surplus' (expect to find more ammo for this weapon), and instead of Clown Cartridge I got 'Who's Next?' (faster reloading if I get a kill with the last round).

Even our choice trees are different. (Mine's here.) I think I like yours better. :)

Yeah, was gonna say that the tracking-clown cartridge mods have to be the best role of abilities I've ever seen on a UG. That's borderlands country right there.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, October 24, 2014, 12:53 (3462 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Yeah, was gonna say that the tracking-clown cartridge mods have to be the best role of abilities I've ever seen on a UG. That's borderlands country right there.

I have a Steel Oracle that has "This launcher's tube can hold three shells" and clown cartridge on top of that. It almost feels like the way they build exotic weapons.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, October 24, 2014, 12:58 (3462 days ago) @ Xenos

I have a Steel Oracle that has "This launcher's tube can hold three shells" and clown cartridge on top of that. It almost feels like the way they build exotic weapons.

You bastards have all the fun.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, October 24, 2014, 10:36 (3462 days ago) @ Claude Errera

They need an armory

by scarab @, Sunday, October 26, 2014, 10:48 (3460 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

A place in the city that tears down your weapons and reassembles them just the way you want them.

Break up some legendaries and exotics, pick a frame you like with the size of tech tree you want. Then populate that tree with "parts" taken from your broken down weapons.

You still have to re-upgrade the empty slots you made and have to reinvest ascendant materials but you get the weapon you want.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, October 24, 2014, 09:56 (3462 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Tracking + Early detonation = easy kills every time. You just have to shoot rockets in the general vicinity of enemies and they are dead. You don't have to aim for the ground because it will explode as it gets close. It's very good.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread