Another week another gearless raid. (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 23:36 (3466 days ago)
edited by unoudid, Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 23:44

Womp womp......

3rd week in a row without getting raid gear for my main level 29 warlock. This week I didn't even get a weapon or even another chatterwhite, I received something like 12 shards and 6 energy and another glass minuet. Thankfully I got an exotic helmet (correct class) and the Mida Multi-Tool from two separate nightfall runs.

Hopefully all you raiders out there have better luck on your runs!

On a bright note. The random teleport didn't hurt our team at all

I FINALLY got boots, but couldn't beat Atheon.

by Riceamike, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 00:18 (3466 days ago) @ unoudid

So fucking buggy.

One one occasion, one person got teleported, Atheon was frozen in place, and then the other people got teleported ten seconds afterwards.

It's ridiculous how many bugs the Raid has.

Another week another gearless raid.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 00:25 (3466 days ago) @ unoudid

Womp womp......

3rd week in a row without getting raid gear for my main level 29 warlock.

I deleted my Hunter class to make a second Warlock. Just gotta pop it to 20, swap out the gear with my 29, and do a second Vault Run. Double the chances of good Warlock gear!
Heck, double the Nightfall rewards too...

Hopefully all you raiders out there have better luck on your runs!

Hey, you can still do a Hard run!

On a bright note. The random teleport didn't hurt our team at all

Wait, so you're saying that a small change didn't make the game world collapse under your feet? But the prophecy foretold!

Teleports aren't really the issue, though.

by Riceamike, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 01:19 (3466 days ago) @ Korny

Wait, so you're saying that a small change didn't make the game world collapse under your feet? But the prophecy foretold!

Honestly, when you have a team where everyone knows what to do, and you have it agreed on that the highest level player in the teleport gets the shield, it all goes peachy.

But the bugs that happen alongside all that is what ruins it. I spent three hours in the Raid today, and so many time we got within one more cycle of killing Atheon. Every single time, we'd get hit by bugs. A teleport wouldn't happen. Atheon would freeze and send only one person.

Other times the shield didn't block shots, and sometimes we couldn't do any damage.

The real issue with the raid is that difficulty isn't because of the Raid.

Poppycock

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 03:10 (3466 days ago) @ Riceamike

But the bugs that happen alongside all that is what ruins it. I spent three hours in the Raid today, and so many time we got within one more cycle of killing Atheon. Every single time, we'd get hit by bugs.

I saw that video that you posted, and saw zero bugs. What I did see was sloppy gameplay, rampant stupidity, and I'm amazed that I could watch the entire video with my face buried so deeply in my palm...

But like I told you, and I think it's worth mentioning in case other people don't realize it:

If you are holding the shield in the middle platform, DON'T MOVE AROUND. This lets splash damage go through the shield, which is what causes teammates to die inside.

This may be the closest to a bug that I've seen, but since it's a consistent thing that can be avoided, it's technically just another obstacle that can easily be a non-issue.

Poppycock

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 05:59 (3466 days ago) @ Korny

If you are holding the shield in the middle platform, DON'T MOVE AROUND. This lets splash damage go through the shield, which is what causes teammates to die inside.

This may be the closest to a bug that I've seen, but since it's a consistent thing that can be avoided, it's technically just another obstacle that can easily be a non-issue.

This reminds me, I want to try a different strategy next time we all run it.

Depending on how large the center platform is, I'd like to put the relic holder in the normal position (with everyone inside, unloading on boss like usual) but *just* behind the relic bubble, have a titan defender drop a void bubble with the weapon buff activated.

From the top down, this would like sort of like a Venn diagram. Players all back up slightly to dip themselves in and out of the void bubble, get weapon buff, move forward and unload like normal.

I wonder how much faster it would take him down....

Poppycock

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 06:09 (3466 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I saw this happen on one Time's Vengeance round during the Hard Mode video that Cody posted last week. I was curious why they only did it on one round since Supers are "Free" during the Time's Vengeance buff.

Wait, wait...

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 06:45 (3466 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Supers are free during the buff?

How did I not know this??

EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE

Wait, wait...

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 07:41 (3466 days ago) @ rliebherr

This is one reason Voidwalker Warlocks were able to hand Atheon a platter of cheese so easily.

Wait, wait...

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 08:18 (3466 days ago) @ rliebherr

Yup, free and instant regen. As a Titan Defender, just make everything a bubble! Everyone is safe! Even Atheon!! Please note, this is a really dumb idea :)

Poppycock

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 06:26 (3466 days ago) @ Revenant1988

This reminds me, I want to try a different strategy next time we all run it.

Depending on how large the center platform is, I'd like to put the relic holder in the normal position (with everyone inside, unloading on boss like usual) but *just* behind the relic bubble, have a titan defender drop a void bubble with the weapon buff activated.

From the top down, this would like sort of like a Venn diagram. Players all back up slightly to dip themselves in and out of the void bubble, get weapon buff, move forward and unload like normal.

I wonder how much faster it would take him down....

The buff is nice, and sometimes people do that... but I did it once with Canecutter's group, and it wasn't met with positive feedback (people probably sparse out too far, and don't like backing up into the bubble's shot-blocking)... It's definitely got its perks, like giving people extra safety when they scatter.

Poppycock

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 11:53 (3466 days ago) @ Korny

The buff is nice, and sometimes people do that... but I did it once with Canecutter's group, and it wasn't met with positive feedback (people probably sparse out too far, and don't like backing up into the bubble's shot-blocking)... It's definitely got its perks, like giving people extra safety when they scatter.

I was the one having the biggest issue with it because it took me a few times to understand what was happening (or maybe you just flat told me). I think if we'd have communicated a little better on the positioning of the shield, all would have been well for me.

I also liked having it on the back wall as a safe haven to jump to from the middle platform. Although, now with the randomness, that doesn't seem to be as valuable.

- CC

Poppycock

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 11:59 (3466 days ago) @ Korny

I really prefer to not have the bubble in the center. It seems to cause unnecessary confusion and wastes time that could be spent knocking the socks off Atheon. Just let the relic holder fire the super at the big time warping bullet sponge.

Poppycock

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 08:22 (3466 days ago) @ Revenant1988

This is the way the groups I'm in have always done it. I'm not sure how much of a difference it really makes, but it's nice having a use for my Titan bubble ;p

You just have to make sure everyone is careful not to bump the relic holder. It apparently causes the shield to fade faster (or something like that. I've never been the relic holder) and we've all gotten nuked on that center platform a couple of times because of it.

-Disciple

Poppycock

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 09:42 (3465 days ago) @ Revenant1988

This is how we normally do it. In fact, we were at least trying to do it consistently throughout our hard mode run that Cody (and others) posted the videos of last week. (We spent probably an hour and a half on Atheon before getting that clean run we posted.)

The Weapons of Light definitely helps. My icebreaker would go from 12,000 crit damage w/out Weapons of Light to 17,500 with. But one of the main benefits of having everyone come to the middle for the bubbles is that Atheon doesn't get distracted by people shooting at him from all over. With him staring right at everyone in the middle, you can really get the max DPS that let's you defeat him in 3-4 cycles.

Poppycock

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 09:54 (3465 days ago) @ Speedracer513

The Weapons of Light definitely helps. My icebreaker would go from 12,000 crit damage w/out Weapons of Light to 17,500 with. But one of the main benefits of having everyone come to the middle for the bubbles is that Atheon doesn't get distracted by people shooting at him from all over. With him staring right at everyone in the middle, you can really get the max DPS that let's you defeat him in 3-4 cycles.

This. During one of my runs I tried to convince everyone to come to the center (except for one on Harpy duty--back when we could control that).

We still got him, but it probably took longer.

Another time I was helping another group and half the time we couldn't see Atheon from the middle platform because he had moved closer to someone shooting at him from the sides. We didn't get him while I was on the team.

Poppycock

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 10:03 (3465 days ago) @ Kermit

Another time I was helping another group and half the time we couldn't see Atheon from the middle platform because he had moved closer to someone shooting at him from the sides. We didn't get him while I was on the team.

No. No we did not.

Poppycock

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 10:33 (3465 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I can't remember specifics. I think I've played chunks of the raid with several groups--for a few weekends it felt like the old Halo 2 two days where entire days would get eaten up. Only beat it twice, though, and was there from the start both of those times. :)

I do remember we got very, very close. During these long sessions with newbies, I think fatigue starts to be a factor. That's less of an issue as people learn what to do and make faster progress. Good luck tonight!

Poppycock

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 10:48 (3465 days ago) @ Kermit

I can't remember specifics. I think I've played chunks of the raid with several groups--for a few weekends it felt like the old Halo 2 two days where entire days would get eaten up. Only beat it twice, though, and was there from the start both of those times. :)

I do remember we got very, very close. During these long sessions with newbies, I think fatigue starts to be a factor. That's less of an issue as people learn what to do and make faster progress. Good luck tonight!

We did get reallly close one of those times. Hopefully not so frustrating tonight, indeed.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 07:40 (3466 days ago) @ Korny

I have another warlock I just started for this very reason. Time to tip the odds in my favor against the RNGesus.

My normal raid group is all level 29 with one level 30. We attempted Hard Mode last week and got to the Templar but just ran out of time (Tuesday reset). It's pretty evident how much of a disadvantage being a level 29 vs 30 is on Hard. We will probably do the raid again on Hard Mode this week but want to get everyone through on their alts first.

Another week another raidless week.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 05:27 (3466 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 05:44 (3466 days ago) @ ZackDark

What do you need to do the Raid? I'd like to help you (And any other newbies) do it. I had a blast last week, and would love to go in again with some fresh faces. I think that makes it the most fun!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 06:39 (3466 days ago) @ JDQuackers

What do you need to do the Raid? I'd like to help you (And any other newbies) do it. I had a blast last week, and would love to go in again with some fresh faces. I think that makes it the most fun!

Me, too.

I need Time, that bastard...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 06:44 (3466 days ago) @ JDQuackers

No wonder the Vex keeps cheating on it

Easy solution to that

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 08:21 (3466 days ago) @ ZackDark

Quit school. Drop your family, friends and significant other(s). Quit working. Play Destiny. Wheee!!

But in seriousness--the Raid should only take maybe 4 hours for first timers with someone experienced to give advice. Obviously, as long as people can hold their own in a fire fight. If there is only one or two noobies and they don't care about being told all the secrets, it can be done in 1-2 hours.

So depending on how you want to play it, you really only need to set aside one night to feast on the delicious Raid sauce.

I'll do everything I can to help make it happen for you. I want everyone to be able to experience it!

Heh

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 13:17 (3465 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I know right? Easiest solution ever.

The problem with Time, the heartless bastard, is not only that it runs out eventually, but that it also means most of you are in timezones too damn different than mine. Daylight-saving time has made things even worse. Silly non-brazilians and their silly timezones...

I usually have Saturdays free up to (my) evening. Around 8~8:30pm GMT is the time I usually leave, but sometimes I can stretch it a bit further.

Heh

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 13:08 (3464 days ago) @ ZackDark

Daylight-saving time has made things even worse. Silly non-brazilians and their silly timezones...

FWIW, some of us don't do it willingly. I think DST is the stupidest thing ever, and I'd love to get rid of it. If people want to be up earlier, they can just get up earlier, dammit!

Heh

by RC ⌂, UK, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 13:32 (3464 days ago) @ stabbim

FWIW, some of us don't do it willingly. I think DST is the stupidest thing ever, and I'd love to get rid of it. If people want to be up earlier, they can just get up earlier, dammit!

Hear, hear!

Easy solution to that

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 11:48 (3465 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I'll do everything I can to help make it happen for you. I want everyone to be able to experience it!

Hey sign me up for this sometime. My schedule is super busy these days, but I've been staying up late(r than I should...) just so I can play Destiny. I'm still pretty low level (23 Voidwalker) but I'd love to try the Raid whenever I could. I'm usually on around 10pm-12am PST weeknights.

by Basketball Coach Jim, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 05:37 (3466 days ago) @ unoudid

I feel your pain!! My fireteam had a fun and efficient raid last night. We even unlocked the extra chest for not allowing the Templar to teleport, and I didn't get anything except shards and energy .... oh, and Chatterwhite again.

Count yourself lucky

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 08:28 (3466 days ago) @ Basketball Coach Jim

We even unlocked the extra chest for not allowing the Templar to teleport, and I didn't get anything except shards and energy...

My group was able to get that chest to spawn last night, but had to wait a bit for a 6th teammate who went too far down toward the Gorgons' Lair and had to return to orbit to start at the top and make his way back down to us again. When he made it back down, we all turned around and saw that the chest had despawned without anyone opening it :(

-Disciple

Count yourself lucky

by Clark20, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 08:43 (3466 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

That chest is materials only 2 shard or energy

Note for the future

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 11:58 (3466 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Bungie said recently you don't have to wait for the entire party, the chest won't despawn until everyone grabs their loot.

That is REALLY good to know!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 22:39 (3465 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread