Raid gear worse then faction gear for hunters ? (Destiny)

by Acheron, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 03:31 (3465 days ago)

My partly leveled up (28) FWC gear and exotic helmet gives me 167 intellect for 67% and 270 disipline for 99%. So yesterday I got my first pair of raid gear the gloves. Which only give me +79 discipline and reduces intellect to 123 (45%) and discipline up to 350 but of course only up 1% to 100%.

So I guess this means for PVP my FWC gear will always be better since levels dont matter and my golden gun will come back faster. Also for PVE my faction gear will be better all the way unless on level 30 (I can reach 29 also with faction + one exotic) which will give me the level advantage… Hopefully iron banner gear will be better!

Raid gear worse then faction gear for hunters ?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 05:49 (3465 days ago) @ Acheron

My partly leveled up (28) FWC gear and exotic helmet gives me 167 intellect for 67% and 270 disipline for 99%. So yesterday I got my first pair of raid gear the gloves. Which only give me +79 discipline and reduces intellect to 123 (45%) and discipline up to 350 but of course only up 1% to 100%.

So I guess this means for PVP my FWC gear will always be better since levels dont matter and my golden gun will come back faster. Also for PVE my faction gear will be better all the way unless on level 30 (I can reach 29 also with faction + one exotic) which will give me the level advantage… Hopefully iron banner gear will be better!

Um....have you leveled up that raid gear yet?

Fresh, just found raid gear will have lower stats and light compared to a fully upgraded legendary armor piece found\bought else where.

Depends...

by RC ⌂, UK, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 05:51 (3465 days ago) @ Acheron

Stat bonuses for Raid armour are randomized within a range - this may be the same range as other Legendary armour or slightly higher, I can't say definitively yet. Gauntlets and Chest armour seem to have a slight advantage, while Helmets and Leg haven't, as yet.

The stats a Raid piece gear upgrade appear to be random. You may find another raid piece that upgrades Intellect more, like you want.

Armour stat bonuses go up with upgrading Defense - so unless you remember what your Faction Legendaries started at, it's difficult to compare.

Aside from Maximum Light, there are two other differences between Raid and other Legendary gear:
1. Raid gear can upgrade 1 OR 2 stats. If you really value a particular thing (likes 'nades) this can be useful to ensure you get 100% recharge bonus, or to offset against a single-stat Exotic and have no 'overflow' above 270 on any stat.
2. Raid gear has mostly set perks. Whereas Faction gear has a full range, but no specific anti-Vault stuff.

• Raid helmets always have Light the Blade & Inverse Shadow and Vex Striker/Breaker.
  • Gloves always have special reload, Fastball & Anti-Oracle/Praetorian.
  • Chest Armour always had Special Ammo upgrade (strictly better than any other legendary) and a random selection from Scout, Hand Cannon, Pulse Rifle and Auto Rifle ammo
  • Leg Armour always increases Heavy Ammo capacity.

AFAIK.

So, it depends what perks you like, and what kind of Raid pieces you're given.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread