Vault of Glass - Final Boss Fight EPIC SAVE (sp) (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 09:09 (3465 days ago)

A group of us ran the Vault of Glass again last night, and an amazing thing happened during the final boss battle against Atheon.

With the latest patch, 3 players are now randomly selected to be teleported to the past or future. During one of my trips through the portal, I picked up the Relic while 2 of my teammates were on Oracle duty. We failed to kill the Oracles in time, and the 3 of us dropped.

The rest of our group back on the other side of the portal were about to wipe so we could start over. At the last minute, I decided to take a chance and pop my Super resurrection ability. I expected to get taken down by the Oracles as soon as I was on my feet, but to my surprise they were no longer there. I was able to pick up the Relic and run through the portal back in to the main room.

CLUTCH SAVE!

The downside was that as soon as I made it through, the relic vanished and the next teleportation round began. The 2 teammates who had been taken down by the Oracles were stuck in the past, so it was now 4 of us against Atheon. My 3 remaining teammates were teleported to the future, leaving me alone on the outside to open and defend the portal.

We were successful on both sides of the portal. The 4 of us jumped on to the center platform for 1 final push against Atheon...
and we took the sucker DOWN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVn3J9ziNr8

That DOES sound epic!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 09:29 (3465 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

That DOES sound epic!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 16:18 (3465 days ago) @ Kermit

That was fun to watch. I've resurrected myself a few times in that situation, but never to such an heroic effect.

Fortune favors the bold

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 09:58 (3465 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Nice work. Must've been hella tense!

You just remember what old Jack Burton always says...

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 10:02 (3465 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

...it's all in the reflexes.

Nice.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 10:03 (3465 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Full encounter from my perspective *Vid*

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 12:17 (3465 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Went back in time at the end to pay respect to those who didn't make it. And then went blind.

http://youtu.be/g3Q3nnVed7w

Full encounter from my perspective *Vid*

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 14:13 (3465 days ago) @ CyberKN

That was a lot of fun to see from your perspective. I can imagine the confusion when I popped through the portal holding the Relic :D

I've got the entire battle saved as well. I'll upload a longer version soon.

Awesome! Nice save!

by Velociraptor112, Places., Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 12:29 (3465 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Vault of Glass - Final Boss Fight EPIC SAVE (sp)

by ShadowOfTheVoid ⌂, South Carolina, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 13:08 (3465 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I guess we did get all the Oracles, just not quickly enough. Apparently they can still cast their TPK ability after they're destroyed if they're not destroyed within a certain amount of time. Or maybe it was lag. Oh well. That was still a great save.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 13:09 (3465 days ago) @ ShadowOfTheVoid

I guess we did get all the Oracles, just not quickly enough. Apparently they can still cast their TPK ability after they're destroyed if they're not destroyed within a certain amount of time. Or maybe it was lag. Oh well. That was still a great save.

Yeah this can definitely happen, the death from Oracles takes a couple seconds to kick in, so several times you'll die right after killing the last Oracle.

by ShadowOfTheVoid ⌂, South Carolina, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 13:29 (3465 days ago) @ Xenos

Yeah this can definitely happen, the death from Oracles takes a couple seconds to kick in, so several times you'll die right after killing the last Oracle.

Well, alrighty then. I was wondering what was going on. The screen started turning "Doom Red" yet I was sure we got them all. Now I know they're capable of getting a "Kill from the Grave." Now I know, and knowing is half the battle. It was only my second Raid attempt, so I'm still trying to get the hang of everything.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 17:26 (3465 days ago) @ ShadowOfTheVoid

Yeah, it's pretty key to take down the oracles in the order they spawn. Based on the video Legacy provided, we can infer that The Red Oracle death process goes something like this:

-Oracle Spawns

-After ten seconds, if the Oracle is still alive, it casts it's "Prophecy of Doom" effect on the away team.

-Everyone's screen begins tinting red and the message "You succumb to the oracles" is displayed for each member of the away team.

-The Away Team's super energy is depleted. (It's interesting to note that Legacy was still able to resurrect after his bar clearly drains to zero. Either the drain was purely a visual effect, or maybe the Fireborn perk is bugged and was actually supposed to be disabled after this drain)

-The Away Team dies. The red tint disappears for the home team.

-The relic has been dropped. The Home Team's screen starts tinting red (again) and after 5 seconds, if the relic is not picked up, they die as well.

Something I'm still not sure of: I wonder if these oracles naturally despawn (as in the templar encounter) or persist and constantly cast the prophecy of doom?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread