"randomness is a poor substitute for tactics" (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 10:32 (3465 days ago)

heh

"Any time you have a game system which players cannot understand, it might as well be random. No matter how fair the tiebreaker may be, if a single Assault Rifle bullet can slip by and decide the outcome, it might as well be random. And randomness is a poor substitute for tactics and skillful execution."

-Luke Smith

http://halo.bungie.net/news/content.aspx?cid=13233

"randomness is a poor substitute for tactics"

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 12:45 (3464 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

That's a different kind of randomness than the Atheon thing or the RNG loot, on its face. Or at least, I imagine that's what this is about.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 12:50 (3464 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

Lol, just as I read your post & looked at your forum avatar the song "keep talking" started to play. "for millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals..."

RNG win in the wrong places for me (c'mon, I just want some raid armor!)

Perfect

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 11:31 (3463 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

*OT*

by Monochron, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 14:24 (3464 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Man, look at how detailed and interesting those old updates are. I had forgotten how much they have changed over time and with different writers.

*OT*

by Slothboy, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 16:11 (3464 days ago) @ Monochron

"Also, while we were in there, we excised a BXB-style glitch before it gathered popularity, and fixed that strangeness where bodies would be hurled with unearthly force by a mid-melee death. We sincerely apologize to people who enjoyed the latter bug—it was pretty funny."

HA. I remember that.

Good times.

Man, that Halo 3 melee controversy though. Wu, the great and powerful, could probably remind us of the shear volume of server space that those discussions devoured.

by Kahzgul, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 01:03 (3464 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Having just beaten random teleporting atheon, I like it a LOT better than predictable teleporting aetheon. For one, you're not always going through the portals, so you have a chance to get ammo drops. For two, you only need at most 4, and more likely 3 people in the raid who know how to use the relic, so you can still train noobs. It was fun!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread