Exotic Bounty Troubles [Help?] (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 19:47 (3438 days ago)

I've finally disassembled 10 fusion rifles. I now have to use other fusion rifles to kill 200 enemies in weekly nightfall strike...except none of the kills are registering in the bounty.

I've not found anything about this from Googling. Am I missing something obvious?

Exotic Bounty Troubles [Help?]

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 19:55 (3438 days ago) @ ManKitten

The kills have to be in zones where you are fighting level 28 baddies. You can't just farm the low-level guys in public areas where you start.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 20:00 (3438 days ago) @ ManKitten

They have to be level 28 enemies, like you find in the darkness zones (no respawn areas) of the nightfall strike.

This week is a great time to do it. When you spawn on the Nexus strike, turn around and go up the stairs behind you and down the hall to the library area of the academy. There are Vex and fallen fighting in there that are level 28. This isn't a darkness zone, but these count. If you die you can just respawn. Kill all of them with your fusion rifle, then go back to the servitor fight area and get some kills. You can then return to the library and the enemies there should have respawned. Just keep repeating that. I did it yesterday and it took me about 30 minutes to finish the 200 kills. Take some ammo packs with you.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 20:03 (3438 days ago) @ ManKitten

I've finally disassembled 10 fusion rifles. I now have to use other fusion rifles to kill 200 enemies in weekly nightfall strike...except none of the kills are registering in the bounty.

I've not found anything about this from Googling. Am I missing something obvious?

Question for you about disassembling the 10 fusion rifles: how the f&#% did you find 10 of them to disassemble? Is there anything I can do other then spending the next month collecting enough Blue engrams to find enough fusion rifles?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 20:04 (3438 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

The Gunsmith sells them sometimes. His stock refreshes every 3 hours.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 08:59 (3438 days ago) @ CyberKN

Cool, I'll check there on a regular basis. Thanks!

Check this out

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 09:07 (3438 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

http://isthegunsmithsellingrarefusionrifles.com/

it seems that the site was more popular than they expected.

Check this out

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 13:50 (3438 days ago) @ unoudid

AWESOME! Thanks :D

by Lekku, Canada, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 09:35 (3438 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

In addition to the site above I had seen this Reddit post a while ago:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2it1lb/psa_the_gunsmith_sells_rare_fusion_rifles_every/

The short version is: "Every three days he always has a rare fusion rifle for sale at 11pm UTC."

If what he has is correct, then the gunsmith should be selling some later today!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

by nash, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 09:51 (3438 days ago) @ Lekku

... but rare fusion rifles are not sold as regularly as that redditor claims.

I had my own blue fusion rifle dreams crushed that way a couple weeks ago (and then, to add insult to injury, lost 21,000+ glimmer half an hour later when I let my six-year-old run my alt character around the tower unsupervised for a few minutes)...

What an evening! =)

Thank you

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 20:12 (3438 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

Consider yourself lucky. I've never gotten an exotic bounty!

by GrizzNKev, Down the street from Microsoft, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 23:33 (3438 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

by Numinar @, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 03:16 (3438 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

Do you do normal bounties?

I average 3 or 4 Vanguard bounties a day. Sometimes a few Crucible ones that I do over a couple of days. Seems like Exotics are awarded for handing these in randomly, or according to some secret formula.

And I am up to 3 (I purchased Suros Regime from Xur). With 5 days played. Super rare by design and a solid Legendary with good stats is often equal to or better than most of them and waaaay cheaper in time and materials to upgrade. Suros Regime and Icebreaker seem to be the exception here, and they have and possibly will again be for sale from the squidly one.

by digital_ronin, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 13:00 (3438 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

Sometimes, I think I'm the unlucky one. I've now gotten every exotic bounty in the game between two characters and some of them are slogs to get through and take up a useful bounty slot. And because you can have only one exotic weapon equipped at a time, most exotic weapons end up not being used.

I've completed Thorn, Bad Juju, and Invective. I'm working on Pocket Infinity (I also have the 200 kills to do) and Super Good Advice (waiting for Xur to show up to purchase something to progress).

I guess having all the bounties makes the completionist in me happy, but from an actual game perspective, your time is better off spent trying to max out a solid legendary weapon like Vision of Confluence or Shadow Price. These will provide more utility and help you tackle bigger challenges.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 14:52 (3438 days ago) @ digital_ronin

I guess having all the bounties makes the completionist in me happy, but from an actual game perspective, your time is better off spent trying to max out a solid legendary weapon like Vision of Confluence or Shadow Price. These will provide more utility and help you tackle bigger challenges.

There is a ton of truth to this statement.

I have the following exotics between my main and my alt.
- Suros Regime (Will max out)
- Hard Light
- Red Death (Maxed)
- Bad Juju
- Thorn x2
- MIDA Multi-Tool
- Invective x2
- Universal Remote
- Pocket Infinity
- Ice Breaker (Maxed)
- Patience and Time
- Gjallarhorn (Maxed)
- Super Good Advice

Since you can only use one at a time I find myself coveting those who get the raid legendary weapons. Even non raid legendary weapons are more useful than any of the exotics since you can switch them out freely. I maxed Red Death out right after Xur sold it and I haven't used it much since I got Ice Breaker. Anymore exotics other than Ice Breaker, Suros, Gjallarhorn mainly just sit in my vault.

Give me a tracking Unfriendly Giant/The Swarm, Atheon's Epilogue/The Devil you know/The Calling and an Epitaph 2261 sniper and I am good to go on just about anything.

So far I mainly run Ice Breaker unless I end up playing crucible and then I switch to Suros.

Hopefully I can get the Vision of Confluence someday.

I have found it so much more useful to have good legendary weapons compared to exotics.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, October 30, 2014, 18:52 (3437 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

I've got 2 sitting in my bounties bin, both of which will probably never get finished. They are looooong hauls to unlock them, and considering Xur sells goods weekly, what's the point.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 20:08 (3437 days ago) @ ManKitten

I've got 2 sitting in my bounties bin, both of which will probably never get finished. They are looooong hauls to unlock them, and considering Xur sells goods weekly, what's the point.

Heh - since it takes me 3-4 weeks (or more) to earn enough strange coins to buy from Xur, Exotic Bounties make a LOT of sense to me. I completed two of 'em in less than a week each.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, October 31, 2014, 13:55 (3437 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Our play styles differ. The best way to get coins is the weekly challenge on 28 in seems, and I never have friends online to play it with me, so my exotics come from grinding.

Sadly, I'm a member of the butthurt XB1 community, so most of my attendance in the Destinyverse will fall drastically come 11/9.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, October 31, 2014, 14:00 (3437 days ago) @ ManKitten

Sadly, I'm a member of the butthurt XB1 community, so most of my attendance in the Destinyverse will fall drastically come 11/9.

i plan on getting on to do the nightfall, heroic, and raid once a week. Rest of my time will probably be spent playing Halo.

Grunt Birthday Party > RNGesus

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, October 31, 2014, 14:40 (3437 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I still hop on to do that stuff but I'm reaching the "....why?" part of the game. I've kind of burnt out on it.

I've completed the "story."
I'm a high level 28 to the point where the only way to get to 30 is raids, which don't interest me.
I'm annoyed and butthurt by the DLC.

So at this point, there isn't much that Destiny can offer me anymore.

by Durandal, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 09:53 (3438 days ago) @ ManKitten

You must kill the level 28 guys with a fusion rifle.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread