Really wish the 10 bounty slots update wasn't DLC based (Destiny)

by kornman00, Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 21:42 (3466 days ago)

Well, really, I just wish the 10 bounty slots upgrade wasn't being held off until Dec's DLC (unless I'm mistaken? the :words: I've interpreted suggested it'd be part of the DLC, not some hotfix). More often than not I have MP bounties from previous day(s) still taking up slots, meaning I *have* to try MP first when I get on if I want to stack/optimize my PvE bounties.

Finishing my Postmortems is pretty simple if I roll with my Thorn. But I have other crap/exotics that I need to level up. Enforcers, for me, are hard to come by because I don't usually fight against a team who can get streaks on my team ;x. That or the streakers are campers, camping areas I don't frequent. Maybe I should start paying closer attention to that kill feed...

Actually, it'd be cool if streakers had some sort of visual flair that people could see (sort of like how de/buffs appear over their heads...maybe give them flaming feet or some nonsense)

Oh well. Maybe once the DLC comes out I'll be more inclined to pick up those shitty Spree bounties too. With only 5 slots right now, they're just a waste of space in terms of stacking bounties. And after I finish all the good MP bounties I'm usually too sick of MP to want to try progressing them.

I guess maybe we should be thankful their bounty system gives out unobtainable bounties, like Salvage captures? One less bounty to worry about in your daily build. Oh, and once the slots upgrade comes out, we'll then be able to save that nonsense for when they're actually obtainable!

Really wish the 10 bounty slots update wasn't DLC based

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 07:31 (3465 days ago) @ kornman00

I'm actually not sure you will have to get the DLC for the 10 slots. They mentioned in one of the interviews the list of things included and then "and there will be lots of surprises for everyone." Which I assume means there will be new stuff even if you don't pay for the DLC. The 10 bounty slots does seem a little silly to put behind the pay wall, so I'm HOPING it just gets added for everyone when the DLC comes out.

compatibility pack?

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 07:47 (3465 days ago) @ Xenos

I'm guessing that it may be like borderlands, to where even if you don't buy the DLC, you'll have to download the armor/guns/etc so that your software is compatible with everyone else. So even if you can't use or access the DLC, people in your fireteam that have the armor and guns will still be able to play with you on the old content. I would imagine that a compatibility pack would include all updates to the UI.

compatibility pack?

by digital_ronin, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 13:06 (3465 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I wouldn't doubt it. Diablo 3 did something similar. When the expansion was released everyone got the game improvements, but only those with the expansion got the new content.

I can see Destiny doing the same thing. From a development stand point it makes sense too. Any base level game change only needs to be coded and tested once, rather than on both a DLC and vanilla install.

Confirmed in this week's BWU!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, October 31, 2014, 15:40 (3464 days ago) @ kornman00

Everyone is getting the extra 5 slots.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread