Bungie, fix the actual problems in this game (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Thursday, October 30, 2014, 22:15 (3465 days ago)

This is my first time doing the Raid since the teleportation "fix" and it's bullshit. The first Atheon teleport sent three people. Okay, cool. Next one sent four. Next one sent two. This never happened in the other times I played the Raid prior to the "fixing" of teleportation. Are you kidding me? Fix the actual "glitches" in the game, not the alleged teleportation glitch that frankly should have just been left alone and did a better job of fostering rolls and teamwork.

Also, if you're dead and Time's Vengeance starts, if you get revived after it has started, you get zero benefit from any of its effects.

Additionally, a Harpy went through the portal and blew up the away team as it was coming back. Yes, the Harpy absolutely went through. No, it did not catch them once they returned. This was inside the portal while dealing with Oracles. That's utter trash. I can't believe I'm saying this, but MCC is only a little ways off, and right now it's absolutely going to win my game time.

Also, Pete is tired of not getting Raid armor. Again. That's not a glitch or anything, but I figured I would let you all know.

On teleporting differing numbers of players...

by Riceamike, Friday, October 31, 2014, 00:51 (3465 days ago) @ Avateur

That happens to me 9/10 times I fight Atheon.

Whatever Korny may say about how I raid from a 15 minute clip of a three hour fight, I've only managed to beat Atheon once and that was with the help of three level 30s.

The fight isn't hard. The teleporting doesn't ruin the game, in fact I will agree it makes the battle more dynamic even if it was unnecessary.

The problem it that the Raid itself is filled with so many player-wipe bugs that it's ridiculous. You can be detained WHILE JUMPING, CAUSING YOU TO FALL THROUGH THE SPHERE AND DIE.

On teleporting differing numbers of players...

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, October 31, 2014, 07:52 (3465 days ago) @ Riceamike

The problem it that the Raid itself is filled with so many player-wipe bugs that it's ridiculous. You can be detained WHILE JUMPING, CAUSING YOU TO FALL THROUGH THE SPHERE AND DIE.

That seems intentional to me. It requires that the team communicate when they are going to drop the Templar's shields.

that makes no sense

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, October 31, 2014, 08:12 (3465 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

That seems intentional to me. It requires that the team communicate when they are going to drop the Templar's shields.

the shield detains you and prevents you from moving, except when you are in the air?

that makes no sense

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, October 31, 2014, 08:15 (3465 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

the shield detains you and prevents you from moving, except when you are in the air?

Correct me if I'm wrong here: the shield doesn't necessarily detain you, does it? You just can't walk through the shield, or you die? I thought detain was something else, a different buff besides the shield.

that makes no sense

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, October 31, 2014, 08:22 (3465 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Correct me if I'm wrong here: the shield doesn't necessarily detain you, does it? You just can't walk through the shield, or you die? I thought detain was something else, a different buff besides the shield.

It does prevent you from moving out of it, though jumping or using any abilities that move you can cause you to leave the shield, and then you'll die.

that makes perfect sense

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, October 31, 2014, 08:25 (3465 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

You should know better than to be in the air when a Detain shield is about to grab you. The timing is entirely predictable. Is the Templar about to lose his shield? Is Atheon about to teleport people? DON'T be in the air.

Yeah, the shield holder should always communicate when he's about to pop the shields, this being a key reason.

It weighs you down, it doesn't hold you in place. You can't jump high, you can't move fast, and you drop like a rock. It encapsulates you in a field of super high gravity, so of course you can drop out of it and get killed.

Rice might think of anything he doesn't understand as a bug, or a sign that Bungie hates him, but it's entirely explainable and completely intentional.

that makes perfect sense

by Avateur @, Friday, October 31, 2014, 11:32 (3465 days ago) @ Korny

Agreed. Didn't know the Templar shield thingy was an issue people were having. Yeah, it sucks if I accidentally die because I'm moving or doing something when that stuff happens, but I blame myself for those instances.

Bungie, fix the actual problems in this game

by RC ⌂, UK, Friday, October 31, 2014, 08:26 (3465 days ago) @ Avateur

Also, if you're dead and Time's Vengeance starts, if you get revived after it has started, you get zero benefit from any of its effects.

Doesn't sound like a glitch to me. You didn't make your own fate: someone else had to save you.

Additionally, a Harpy went through the portal and blew up the away team as it was coming back. Yes, the Harpy absolutely went through. No, it did not catch them once they returned. This was inside the portal while dealing with Oracles.

Sounds awesome! Maybe home team should be better at killing Supplicants! Maybe you should delay the portal opening until they're actually ready to come through? Then get a Titan to drop an Armour of Light shield on it.

Look, I'm not going to deny that there are glitches in the game, but this is coming off like you're blaming the game for your team's lack of skill and strategy.

... MCC is only a little ways off, and right now it's absolutely going to win my game time.

That's fine. Forge looks super awesome. Have fun!

by Avateur @, Friday, October 31, 2014, 11:37 (3465 days ago) @ RC

Doesn't sound like a glitch to me. You didn't make your own fate: someone else had to save you.

Doesn't matter what sounds like a glitch to you (or me for that matter). Having three people in back and three in front didn't sound like a glitch to anyone until Bungie pulled that out of thin air. You might be right, but that sure hasn't been communicated.

Sounds awesome! Maybe home team should be better at killing Supplicants! Maybe you should delay the portal opening until they're actually ready to come through? Then get a Titan to drop an Armour of Light shield on it.

Because we totally didn't wait until they were ready to come through, and it popped on through and nuked them out! Oh man, too bad our team managed to barely let one go by. Darn. Blame the victims, right? Nah, defend Bungie when their game doesn't do what it's intended. Then defend Bungie when you do what they didn't intend but they want it fixed. I getcha.

Look, I'm not going to deny that there are glitches in the game, but this is coming off like you're blaming the game for your team's lack of skill and strategy.

Lack of skill and strategy. Adorable. Have never failed to complete a Raid, and this particular team is quite good at cleaning up throughout all of Crucible, too. But go ahead, postulate some more as to how completely random and unexpected situations might catch a really good team off guard and cause them to wipe. I'd love to hear more.

... MCC is only a little ways off, and right now it's absolutely going to win my game time.

That's fine. Forge looks super awesome. Have fun!

It does, but I couldn't care less about that. Campaign co-op in H1 and H2, dedicated servers in multiplayer, and playlists that can handle more than 3-6 people at a time. Should be refreshing.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, October 31, 2014, 12:08 (3465 days ago) @ Avateur

Campaign [online] co-op in H1 and H2 ...

Yeah, I'm especially excited about the latter.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, October 31, 2014, 12:15 (3465 days ago) @ Avateur

Doesn't matter what sounds like a glitch to you (or me for that matter). Having three people in back and three in front didn't sound like a glitch to anyone until Bungie pulled that out of thin air. You might be right, but that sure hasn't been communicated.

This entire reply just reeked with defensiveness, but this answer actually bugged me.

You are welcome to complain that you're unhappy that you didn't get the buff because you were dead. (Oh, fine, go ahead and tell me it wasn't even you - it was someone else in the party. I actually don't care who it was.) But RC's explanation is a pretty damned good one, and it fits nicely with the viewed results. They don't communicate ANYTHING directly about the raid - that's the whole friggin' point! You have to figure it out! (They don't even tell you where to go.)

So you just learned something you didn't know before (that being resurrected after Time's Vengeance starts leaves you out of the buff), and your immediate assumption is 'bug'? Why? I guess I'm asking, why SHOULDN'T it be coded that way?

Why do you expect it EASIER, when they've already said a thousand times that they've gone out of their way to make it the hardest experience they've ever offered?

by Avateur @, Friday, October 31, 2014, 12:48 (3465 days ago) @ Claude Errera

This entire reply just reeked with defensiveness, but this answer actually bugged me.

You are welcome to complain that you're unhappy that you didn't get the buff because you were dead. (Oh, fine, go ahead and tell me it wasn't even you - it was someone else in the party. I actually don't care who it was.) But RC's explanation is a pretty damned good one, and it fits nicely with the viewed results. They don't communicate ANYTHING directly about the raid - that's the whole friggin' point! You have to figure it out! (They don't even tell you where to go.)

Wha? It was me, and like you said, it doesn't matter if it was me or not, so whatever. And obviously if they don't communicate anything about the Raid, and you have to figure it out, and then you figure out that you have an away team if you have three people further back and then they come out and say that's a glitch, then obviously, whether RC brought up a fantastic explanation or not, it doesn't change the fact that it might very well be a glitch that the buff isn't there if you happen to be revived during Time's Vengeance.

So you just learned something you didn't know before (that being resurrected after Time's Vengeance starts leaves you out of the buff), and your immediate assumption is 'bug'? Why? I guess I'm asking, why SHOULDN'T it be coded that way?

Good question! And because I assumed that Time's Vengeance is active for the entire room, not for a certain set of individuals based on whether or not they survived defending the portal for their away team. And yes, I'm aware that that is my assumption. But I also assumed that away team being further away from Atheon was a built in strategy. Your death removing Time's Vengeance, when, you know, it's the Vengeance of TIME, seems like it would be impacting REALITY in-game, not whether or not you happened to be alive at that particular time. But yes, I could be dead wrong. But back to the very first thing I said, it doesn't matter if you, myself, or RC thinks it's a bug or not. The fact is, we don't know if this is within Bungie's intent or if it's a bug at this point.

Why do you expect it EASIER, when they've already said a thousand times that they've gone out of their way to make it the hardest experience they've ever offered?

You're talking to me like I'm Riceatron over there never having managed to beat Atheon. I've taken him down many, many ways. I see a mechanic that seems to impact time and the room itself based on the Oracles going down, and wouldn't expect it to affect whether or not I happened to be alive at that time. The away team returns, and oh look, Time's Vengeance applies to them because they are now in the room where that change to reality is taking effect. They aren't precluded from it because they were on the other side of the portal when it began. My bad for expecting it to apply to me when I got revived. I'm still thinking it may be a bug, even with really plausible explanations for it not being one.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, October 31, 2014, 11:50 (3465 days ago) @ RC

its takes a good while for the gate to open. As soon as the last oracle is killed, you have time's vengeance. It is stupid to wait to open the gate, b/c you can lose out on time for everyone to be back "home" to deal bonus damage. Also, if you put it off, and then SHTF and you don't get it open in time, the remaining three people will get teleported, and you wipe.

One guy needs to stand on the activation plate, and the other 2 need to run interference.

I had a supplicant come through the portal and almost kill me on Tuesday after the update. I have never had that happen before. Now it's happened to Avateur as well. Could be random coincidence, or it could be that the update broke more than it fixed.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, October 31, 2014, 11:51 (3465 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I had a supplicant come through the portal and almost kill me on Tuesday after the update. I have never had that happen before. Now it's happened to Avateur as well. Could be random coincidence, or it could be that the update broke more than it fixed.

Definitely happened before the update. I actually had a minotaur follow me out after killing a gatekeeper.

by RC ⌂, UK, Friday, October 31, 2014, 13:13 (3465 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

its takes a good while for the gate to open. As soon as the last oracle is killed, you have time's vengeance. It is stupid to wait to open the gate, b/c you can lose out on time for everyone to be back "home" to deal bonus damage. Also, if you put it off, and then SHTF and you don't get it open in time, the remaining three people will get teleported, and you wipe.

One guy needs to stand on the activation plate, and the other 2 need to run interference.

Ok, so there are trade-offs between immediate activation and any amount of delay (e.g. starting at Oracle 3 for example) - just gotta use your best judgement.

Still, killing Supplicants faster always, always helps.

Why are you assuming it's a glitch? It's a VEX PORTAL. They BUILT that thing. Why wouldn't they be able to go through it? Don't tell me you think you know everything there is to know about every encounter in this game less than 2 months from release...

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, October 31, 2014, 13:55 (3465 days ago) @ RC

Why are you assuming it's a glitch? It's a VEX PORTAL. They BUILT that thing. Why wouldn't they be able to go through it? Don't tell me you think you know everything there is to know about every encounter in this game less than 2 months from release...

or, you know you could read the very next sentence i wrote. It had never happened to me until the patch. Avateur had it happen post patch. There's been a lot of posts of reddit about it post patch. Xenos said it happened to him pre-patch. It could be a coincidence, or it could not. I said it could go either way.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, October 31, 2014, 14:18 (3465 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

or, you know you could read the very next sentence i wrote. It had never happened to me until the patch. Avateur had it happen post patch. There's been a lot of posts of reddit about it post patch. Xenos said it happened to him pre-patch. It could be a coincidence, or it could not. I said it could go either way.

Definitely heard of this happening pre-patch. The funny thing is that the away team somehow knew that you could actually shoot them before you went through, without running face first into them. Who knew!

Clearly not a post-patch glitch.

wait, you can shoot through the portal?

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, October 31, 2014, 14:25 (3465 days ago) @ Korny

damn, I have Truth, which explodes when near an enemy. Wonder if i could shoot it through the portal just in case it isn't clear. If there are any enemies on the other side, it should just explode without having to get a direct hit.

Harpy McFly

by nash, Friday, October 31, 2014, 11:59 (3465 days ago) @ Avateur

Additionally, a Harpy went through the portal and blew up the away team as it was coming back. Yes, the Harpy absolutely went through. No, it did not catch them once they returned. This was inside the portal while dealing with Oracles. That's utter trash.

We had two harpies make it through the portals during my last raid. The second time it happened I was looking right at the harpy. Someone (possibly me) hit it with a non-killing shot and it flinched backward right into the teleporter.

I think it's unintended that they go through, but I also think it's ironic (and a little funny) that you're complaining that a teleporter designed to transport vex actually manages to transport a vex every now and then.

Harpy McFly

by Avateur @, Friday, October 31, 2014, 12:01 (3465 days ago) @ nash

It is pretty funny when you put it that way. I find it fascinating that that's the thing that everyone has latched onto. The thing that I threw in because it bothered me and appeared to be unintended, but not the issue about the teleportation which is the actual main issue and problem here. But hey, why not? :P

Harpy McFly

by RC ⌂, UK, Friday, October 31, 2014, 13:23 (3465 days ago) @ Avateur

It is pretty funny when you put it that way. I find it fascinating that that's the thing that everyone has latched onto. The thing that I threw in because it bothered me and appeared to be unintended, but not the issue about the teleportation which is the actual main issue and problem here. But hey, why not? :P

Well cus that seems the most likely to be a bug based on this:

When using its Timestream ability, Atheon will select 3 players at random

But we weren't there, either, so we can't attempt to offer any kind of explanation as to why.

by petetheduck, Friday, October 31, 2014, 12:34 (3465 days ago) @ Avateur
edited by petetheduck, Friday, October 31, 2014, 12:57

This is my first time doing the Raid since the teleportation "fix" and it's bullshit. The first Atheon teleport sent three people. Okay, cool. Next one sent four. Next one sent two. This never happened in the other times I played the Raid prior to the "fixing" of teleportation. Are you kidding me? Fix the actual "glitches" in the game, not the alleged teleportation glitch that frankly should have just been left alone and did a better job of fostering rolls and teamwork.

Additionally, a Harpy went through the portal and blew up the away team as it was coming back. Yes, the Harpy absolutely went through. No, it did not catch them once they returned. This was inside the portal while dealing with Oracles. That's utter trash. I can't believe I'm saying this, but MCC is only a little ways off, and right now it's absolutely going to win my game time.

I liked the actual random teleport update--it was the first time I played the role of Home Team and Oracle Dude. Of course it required our Raid team adjusting to being able to play any role, but we worked it out.

The problems that we kept experiencing--players not being able to exit through the portal, only 2 players being teleported, etc. Those are bad. Please fix.

Although it was an amusing challenge being teleported with just Wilshire and she didn't have an Oracle-busting weapon. I had to keep dropping the Relic to use Atheon's Epilogue to help kill the oracles. I suppose I could have had her hold the Relic but there wasn't much time for clear thinking at that moment.

That time that you and Wilshire were trapped in the past due to the Supplicant thing, I died in the present, and 3 players were teleported to the future.. yeah.. Atheon won that round.

Also, Pete is tired of not getting Raid armor. Again. That's not a glitch or anything, but I figured I would let you all know.

Exhausted, even.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread