Xur has The Last Word. (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, November 14, 2014, 03:32 (3460 days ago)
edited by bluerunner, Friday, November 14, 2014, 03:47

Dang

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, November 14, 2014, 04:46 (3460 days ago) @ bluerunner

Now I need to level up my Hunter to Level 26 to get 6 more coins for me! ahhhh!!!!!!

Gosh I'm so glad I earned it *

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, November 14, 2014, 05:15 (3460 days ago) @ bluerunner

*Didn't actually earn it what a ridiculous notion it's a random number generator for chrissakes

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, November 14, 2014, 05:19 (3460 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I'll miss the envious glares I got in the Tower.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, November 14, 2014, 06:30 (3460 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'll miss the envious glares I got in the Tower.

At least we can enjoy our fully leveled-superiority for a while longer.

"Oh? Too much recoil? You must be new here."

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Saturday, November 15, 2014, 00:48 (3459 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Whatevs, I'm still the only one walking around with a fully upgraded Universal Remote. :)

Maybe.

Hahaha

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Saturday, November 15, 2014, 15:54 (3458 days ago) @ stabbim

Whatevs, I'm still the only one walking around with a fully upgraded Universal Remote. :)

Maybe.

The universal remote was the first exotic I received and I have barely even upgraded it :) that was close to 15 exotics ago lol

Of course he does...

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Friday, November 14, 2014, 06:39 (3460 days ago) @ bluerunner

Because he's carried the gun I "earned" from the Nightfall EVERY time!

Gjallarhorn, Suros, Patience & Time, Truth...and now Last Word.

:-[

The salt is real

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Friday, November 14, 2014, 07:03 (3460 days ago) @ bluerunner

Destiny General on 4chan is in flames.

I imagine Bungie.net is the same.

Me? I'm happy to have last word now.

So who should use hawkmoon and who should use the last word between my hunter and my warlock?

The salt is real

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, November 14, 2014, 07:14 (3460 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Destiny General on 4chan is in flames.

I imagine Bungie.net is the same.

Me? I'm happy to have last word now.

Jerks. That gun is beautiful. More people should have it.

Here's a choice quote

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Friday, November 14, 2014, 07:18 (3460 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

>got the Last Word from Tiger strikes weeks ago
    >everyone will think I got it from welfare

You know what? I'm done, I am so fucking done with this game. It's not even about not being a special snowflake anymore with my LW, it's about all the wasted fucking effort and time I put into running those strikes over and over and over trying to get an extoic hand cannon, I wanted Hawkmoon but I'll take what I can get, when I finally saw TLW drop I was so fucking happy. For all the misery that is re-doing the same strikes for a minimum of 6 times a day for a whole week it was like the game was going "Alright here you go, keep playing the slots because we gave you something." And so I did. But to see all of that, all of it, go to waste because of a weekly merchant just showing up and carrying the thing I felt was the only reward out of all that fucking misery, when all I really needed to do was run the heroic 3 times. It invalidates the work, all that time was fucking wasted. It would be at least a little comforting to know that one day Xur might carry Hawkmoon and he will a year from now, thanks Sony, but honestly when only the Bounty weapons and the mythoclast aren't on his roster what is the fucking point? Why put in any effort? There is no point. Shit maybe after the wolf expansion he'll start selling Mythoclast too, because why the fuck not? So I'm done, this game isn't fun to play by myself and it is barely any fun with friends, so fuck it. I quit

Here's a choice quote

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, November 14, 2014, 07:29 (3460 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

>got the Last Word from Tiger strikes weeks ago[/quote]
[quote][quote]everyone will think I got it from welfare[/quote][/quote]
[quote]

lol using "welfare" as a slur ur privlege is showing friend

You know what? I'm done, I am so fucking done with this game. It's not even about not being a special snowflake anymore with my LW, it's about all the wasted fucking effort and time I put into running those strikes over and over and over trying to get an extoic hand cannon, I wanted Hawkmoon but I'll take what I can get, when I finally saw TLW drop I was so fucking happy. For all the misery that is re-doing the same strikes for a minimum of 6 times a day for a whole week it was like the game was going "Alright here you go, keep playing the slots because we gave you something." And so I did. But to see all of that, all of it, go to waste because of a weekly merchant just showing up and carrying the thing I felt was the only reward out of all that fucking misery, when all I really needed to do was run the heroic 3 times. It invalidates the work, all that time was fucking wasted. It would be at least a little comforting to know that one day Xur might carry Hawkmoon and he will a year from now, thanks Sony, but honestly when only the Bounty weapons and the mythoclast aren't on his roster what is the fucking point? Why put in any effort? There is no point. Shit maybe after the wolf expansion he'll start selling Mythoclast too, because why the fuck not? So I'm done, this game isn't fun to play by myself and it is barely any fun with friends, so fuck it. I quit

There was a time where I could've wrote this. Hoping they learn something.

Its hard to format quotes from 4chan on dbo cause >

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Friday, November 14, 2014, 07:34 (3460 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

- No text -

Here's a choice quote

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, November 14, 2014, 07:41 (3460 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

[quote]

lol, buying a weapon via earned currency is welfare?

Here's a choice quote

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, November 14, 2014, 07:43 (3460 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

>got the Last Word from Tiger strikes weeks ago[/quote][/quote]
[quote][quote][quote]everyone will think I got it from welfare[/quote][/quote][/quote]
[quote][quote]

lol, buying a weapon via earned currency is welfare?

I am now referring to my daily public event package from the vanguard postmaster as Vanguard Welfare.

fix'd

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, November 14, 2014, 09:40 (3460 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Vanguard Murder-fare.

Here's a choice quote

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, November 14, 2014, 08:23 (3460 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

[quote]

Dear profane Destiny ranters on the internet,

Keep your word and quit already.

+1

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, November 14, 2014, 08:35 (3460 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Are you asking them to say The Last Word?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, November 14, 2014, 08:42 (3460 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

I see what you did there

by Kahzgul, Friday, November 14, 2014, 09:23 (3460 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Here's a choice quote

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, November 14, 2014, 09:08 (3460 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

It would be at least a little comforting to know that one day Xur might carry Hawkmoon and he will a year from now, thanks Sony...

This explains so much...

Honestly, I'd rather have the Hawkmoon. Firing from the hip is not my style at all, so the Last Word, while powerful, feels more like a blunderbuss than a hand cannon. Dat spin, tho...

The salt is real

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, November 14, 2014, 07:17 (3460 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

So who should use hawkmoon and who should use the last word between my hunter and my warlock?

Hunter should use Last Word with Gunslinger's Trance and Chain of Woe. Those reduce the downsides of more reloads and less accuracy.

I wish Hawkmoon wasn't exclusive for so long. That's a beautiful weapon and I hear it packs a huge punch.

The salt is real

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Friday, November 14, 2014, 09:35 (3460 days ago) @ bluerunner

Hunter should use Last Word with Gunslinger's Trance and Chain of Woe. Those reduce the downsides of more reloads and less accuracy.

I wish Hawkmoon wasn't exclusive for so long. That's a beautiful weapon and I hear it packs a huge punch.

I don't have the Last Word and probably won't be able to buy it from Xur this weekend, but yeah, the Hawkmoon is wonderful. It's my favorite so far. It routinely does 1500 damage on headshots and I think I have one or two more damage upgrades to go.

- CC

The anger about this can mean only one thing

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Friday, November 14, 2014, 07:35 (3460 days ago) @ bluerunner

I never thought I'd say it too........ Cody was right

WHAT.DID.I.SAY!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, November 14, 2014, 07:40 (3460 days ago) @ bluerunner

Real life laughter. It happened. Next time we do a Raid run... I'm guessing Thunderlord.

WHAT.DID.I.SAY!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, November 14, 2014, 08:34 (3460 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I laughed my butt off when I visited Xur this morning and saw that he was carrying it! So, any thoughts on next week's lotto numbers? :p

-Disciple

WHAT.DID.I.SAY!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, November 14, 2014, 09:28 (3460 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Real life laughter. It happened. Next time we do a Raid run... I'm guessing Thunderlord.

Haha, really it's which ever one we pine over right? If so Universal Remote will pop up if I pine hard enough during Raid night.

More Excited about Void Drive for Sparrow.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, November 14, 2014, 08:17 (3460 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

upgraded sparrows are THE BOMB.

by Kahzgul, Friday, November 14, 2014, 09:24 (3460 days ago) @ iconicbanana

So fast. So incredibly fast.

upgraded sparrows are THE BOMB.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, November 14, 2014, 09:25 (3460 days ago) @ Kahzgul

For real. Have the stealth drive with red flame for my sunsinger main...time to get the purp void drive for my Voidwalker alt. I'M NOT OCD.

Legendary sparrows are THE BOMB.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, November 15, 2014, 06:11 (3459 days ago) @ Kahzgul

No, seriously, if you hold the turbo boost too long, they explode...
I've been killed by my own exploding sparrow before...

But watching it go from blue to purple to red is so entrancing...

So, can anyone comment on its stopping power?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, November 14, 2014, 08:48 (3460 days ago) @ bluerunner

My The Devil You Know and Thorn can kill with two head shots in the Crucible. Tell me about The Last Word. How many head shots are needed before and after the upgrade? How many body shots are needed to kill? Basically, is it a good gun? :p

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, November 14, 2014, 09:03 (3460 days ago) @ Ragashingo

My The Devil You Know and Thorn can kill with two head shots in the Crucible. Tell me about The Last Word. How many head shots are needed before and after the upgrade? How many body shots are needed to kill? Basically, is it a good gun? :p

No they can't. Three shots. If at least one is a headshot. Only Hawkmoon can 2 shot.

Last Word Takes four if one is a headshot, 3 if ALL are headshots. The range is not great, but you can rapidly fire from the hip to get body shots. It's just as good, but you need to play very very differently.

Get those stability upgrades ASAP.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, November 14, 2014, 09:51 (3460 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I swear I've gotten a few two shot kills with Thorn now that I've got the poison upgrade. It seems a bit spotty though and it's the poison that kills them not the bullet. I think you might have to get the head shots in very quickly to maximize the poison damage to their health. It might even matter how they speced their build as it feels to me that I'm getting the kill with the last bit of the poison...

Where's Defend The House when you need them?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, November 14, 2014, 11:35 (3460 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I swear I've gotten a few two shot kills with Thorn now that I've got the poison upgrade. It seems a bit spotty though and it's the poison that kills them not the bullet. I think you might have to get the head shots in very quickly to maximize the poison damage to their health. It might even matter how they speced their build as it feels to me that I'm getting the kill with the last bit of the poison...

Oh right. I forgot about Thorn. Yes, it can two shot kill with headshots followed by the poison.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, November 14, 2014, 10:05 (3460 days ago) @ Cody Miller

No they can't. Three shots. If at least one is a headshot. Only Hawkmoon can 2 shot.

Last Word Takes four if one is a headshot, 3 if ALL are headshots. The range is not great, but you can rapidly fire from the hip to get body shots. It's just as good, but you need to play very very differently.

Get those stability upgrades ASAP.

In my experience, the real value of the Last Word is flexibility. Mid to long range? Stabilty upgrade keeps your shots on target. Up close? BAM BAM BAM hipfire time.

I'm wondering if it's really worth an exotic slot.

by Monochron, Friday, November 14, 2014, 10:55 (3460 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Do I put away my Gjallahorn for this?

by Mattchoo, Friday, November 14, 2014, 10:56 (3460 days ago) @ Monochron

ALl about play style, mood, and probably map :)

Sometimes opposition decisions play a factor too

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, November 14, 2014, 11:21 (3460 days ago) @ Monochron

Yep. I'm starting to pile up Exotics. Bad Juju, Thorn, The Last Word, Plan C, Patience and Time, Invective, Thunderlord... Makes it hard to upgrade any one exotic too since I always want to use another one! :p

#Destinyfirstworldproblems

by Oholiab @, Saturday, November 15, 2014, 18:56 (3458 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Ok, I'm just jealous because I'm still trying to to earn my first exotic weapon!

Sigh... I've spent more time in the Crucible than I ever wanted, proving game after game how pathetic a player I am. Sure hope Thorn is worth it!

#Destinyfirstworldproblems

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, November 17, 2014, 10:46 (3457 days ago) @ Oholiab

PS4? I need to work on the Thorn Crucible bounty too...

One evening after completing a raid the 6 of us dropped in on some matchmaking & I made some amazing progress on that with my shotgun (The Comedian) and rocket launcher (Truth). I'd suggest getting a group together with some people who know what they're doing in the crucible.

It's got plenty of stopping power.

by Penthesilean, Saturday, November 15, 2014, 09:32 (3459 days ago) @ Ragashingo

See? Brett was putting on his pants, and I stopped him.

Figures

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, November 14, 2014, 09:01 (3460 days ago) @ bluerunner

Just when I get it in a drop he's now selling it :-p

Looks like I have nothing to spend strange coins on AGAIN!

This makes me so happy!

by Kahzgul, Friday, November 14, 2014, 09:25 (3460 days ago) @ bluerunner

I don't get why people are mad when Xur has guns they already have. You get to keep your strange coins for something else now, and you can provide valuable feedback on whether or not to buy the erstwhile item.

Xur has The Last Word.

by Mattchoo, Friday, November 14, 2014, 10:54 (3460 days ago) @ bluerunner

I am so excited about this.

I have a lot of Destiny play time (XB1), and this was the one weapon I still REALLY REALLY was looking forward to getting. I can't check b.net from work and the APP is no longer showing me my playtime, but I think I'm right at 6.5 days or so. I think that is quite a bit... right?

I've gotten ok RNG so far in the game, but hadn't yet rolled the right dice for this one and it was driving me crazy. It really was the one gun I wanted badly since I heard it on the Podcast back in 2013.

Do I see/agree with the feedback that either Xur needs to sell these things at much higher prices OR that he sells hard bounties to complete for rights to turn in for his weapons table? Yes.

But do I think that the people that had the gun that are now upset have a justified reason? No. Everyone knows what his loot table is. They should have been complaining long long before. Also, "technically" obtaining strange coins from the weekly is "earning" still. But again, I fully support Xur selling hard new exotic weapon bounties (only available thru him) that you complete to turn into him for the weapon. That sounds like a really really cool way to grow Destiny into the supremely special game we want it to be.

This morning felt like Christmas as a 7 year old. I texted my founding clan-mate at 6 AM CST and then quickly shot an email off to everyone else. Cool moment outside of Destiny

Sorry if my wording is incoherent today... I'm not thinking well from not enough sleep, another stressful work week, and jittery from too much coffee - which I only recently started drinking coffee this year as a result of Destiny.

I Could Care Less.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, November 15, 2014, 01:03 (3459 days ago) @ bluerunner

I care so little about the Last Word, I'm flaccid. Quote Bateman, "I'm inverted."

I've got my almighty Thorn. Oh, sweet glory.....mmmmmm...now that's a weapon!

So you do care...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, November 15, 2014, 02:09 (3459 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

I have The Last Word *long* *story time*

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, November 16, 2014, 22:13 (3457 days ago) @ bluerunner

For good or ill, I have a story to go with it, like Bungie seems to want (a lot).
http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/1/4611686018430224533/2305843009219629106#context=strike&section=none
What you're seeing there is, well it's not as much as I was expecting, but that refers to the game that earned me it.
I was catching up on Twitter and I saw Bungie mention Xur had this, and after a cursory look over it I decided even though it had less impact than my current hand cannon, Nifty Biscuit, which itself was lower than some I'd seen and not kept, it would probably make up for it, if not all the time then at least against very high-level enemies (because that's what attack is for, right? still waiting on that manual), and it could be fun, which is after all the point of a game. I thought I'd have enough strange coins, but it turned out I needed three more. The weekly heroic strike, of course, is the only guaranteed source of strange coins. The bottom tier pays out a guaranteed three strange coins for beating it, and I hadn't gotten around to attempting it this week. I'd been unable to get through the weekly alone before but last week I'd finally managed it and my gear was upgraded to the next level this time, which also meant higher defense, so I figured it was just a matter of time.
That brings me back to that game.
I started late in the afternoon, later than I had intended to. I stopped to get food, use the bathroom, and do other things, and made sure I was back in time to have the game not boot me. I ate dinner mostly a few bites at a time between encounters. I spent at least half the time in that game on the final boss fight.
I threw everything I had at Aksor, and that greedy pig, that glutton for punishment, asked for more, and that sly fox teleported all over the place, and that weaselly coward had wave after wave after wave of Shanks come in, a bunch of servitors, eventually invisible guys and snipers-- those snipers are fucking something else, I could've sworn even the Jackal snipers in Halo 2 on Legendary weren't as rapid-fire as them, or at least not this one that ended one of my most promising attempts, not to mention they kept getting me from two or even three sides at once. I tried every single primary weapon I had to no avail-- they didn't seem to help, and some really seemed to do worse, so I eventually went back to Nifty Biscuit-- which at least left me more confident than ever that hand cannons are the way to go, at least for me. A big part of it was all the Shanks, the ability to one-shot them was just so helpful, my scout rifle could do it but it didn't feel as smooth or as good as my hand cannon, and it didn't do as much damage, despite being legendary (The Calling, if you're curious) and having a damage upgrade while my hand cannon was only a rare.
I called for backup, first one person and then another. By this point I was several hundred kills in and I had already lost track of how many times I'd tried the boss fight. I didn't like the admission I couldn't do it myself, but I liked the admission I couldn't do it at all even less, and I didn't know if I would be able to get the coins any other way. I waited on responses, I waited for a "maybe" to get back to me, the maybe was a no but I prodded and said it would only be ten to fifteen minutes and convinced him, and meanwhile I kept pushing and tried switching my machine gun for a rocket launcher, which didn't seem to make a difference. Eventually I got someone to help me and after a few more tries we got farther and I was reminded it doesn't stop at invisible guys (who I'd gotten good about dispatching with my shotgun) and snipers (who I'd gotten somewhat better about hiding from and taking potshots at-- do they really need to be yellow-bar?). At the very end a Skiff shows off and drops off captains-- I thought it was one with some support, but I saw another, and another-- a whole bunch of 'em! It's madness, I tell you, with all the other stuff going on, I don't know how I could've dealt with them and kept putting the hurt on the boss. I believe the attempt after we first got that far was when we finally cracked it.
That brings me back to those game stats again. In that game I logged well over a thousand kills and effectively a quarter of a day (about five minutes short of eight hours), and it was actually most of an hour into the next day.
I brought us back to the Tower and of course one of the engrams I picked up turned into a strange coin. It was just the one, so it wouldn't have really mattered one way or the other, but it was a little reminder that yes, RNGsus and Rahool are laughing at my pain. (As a side note, maybe it's my awful memory, but I'm kind of shocked I haven't seen anyone point out engrams and weapon drops are dodecahedrons, AKA D12-- it's like they're telling us, "No, seriously, the dice hate you". This is some Old Testament style RPG shenanigans. Did my dad break some ancient taboo years ago when he played D&D?)
I went to Xur, I looked things over again, and I bought the gun.
The size was unexpected, and I think it's fitting. The little spin is nice. The gold looks really good in third-person but I feel it should be shinier and, well, gold-er in first-person. The comment(s) from a while back about how it doesn't mechanically and visually work right kind of bother me, but that doesn't ruin it for me, and I might have been bothered anyway because I was aware of how single-action and double-action work. (Another side note, am I seeing things or does your Guardian pull the trigger on hand cannons with their thumb? Is that common?) I tested it on the riffraff in Old Russia along with those anomalously strong Hive near the patrol spawn that night in comparison to Nifty Biscuit, and since then I've also used it on the Moon and in a strike, and the damage does indeed leave something to be desired, but it's not significantly below my previous status quo, and there are damage upgrades for attack, and a different kind of damage upgrade-- I'm curious about that and I'll wait to see what it does, because it doesn't show stat changes on hover like most do. I'll see how it goes in the long run, but I can say it's not awful and it's not bad, and even if it was bad, after this, I think I'll be holding onto it for a nice long while, and that's all right with me.

I have The Last Word

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Monday, November 17, 2014, 10:10 (3457 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I shouldn't have said "for good or ill"; it was frustrating at the time, and maybe the difficulty should be bumped down or things should be adjusted so doing the weekly solo is more doable, but it feels good to have taken on that challenge and come through, and gotten this hand cannon-- and indeed this story-- because of it.

Cool Last Word Replica

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, November 17, 2014, 09:51 (3457 days ago) @ bluerunner

Don't know if anybody's posted this dude's stuff, but this Last Word Replica belongs in this thread: http://www.sloanhood.blogspot.se/

via r/destinythegame.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread