Iron banner was amazing with a full fireteam (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, November 24, 2014, 08:00 (3441 days ago)

Finally reached rank 5 last night, just need more glimmer now! :)

it was great playing last night with 6 people! All week, i had either played solo, or with 2-5. It's amazing how having just one random in your fireteam can totally change the entire outcome of the game. I lost count of how many times we had a 2-4k lead, and then the random would decide to cap point A and the whole tide of the game would flip to the other team.

I like the idea of having the team chat feature, but it hardly anyone ever uses it. I kinda wish that instead of having people opt into it, they should have to opt out of it. Maybe since its a new feature, a lot of people haven't figured it out yet, and it will get more use over time.

Iron banner was amazing with a full fireteam

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, November 24, 2014, 08:20 (3441 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

it was great playing last night with 6 people! All week, i had either played solo, or with 2-5. It's amazing how having just one random in your fireteam can totally change the entire outcome of the game. I lost count of how many times we had a 2-4k lead, and then the random would decide to cap point A and the whole tide of the game would flip to the other team.

I like the idea of having the team chat feature, but it hardly anyone ever uses it. I kinda wish that instead of having people opt into it, they should have to opt out of it. Maybe since its a new feature, a lot of people haven't figured it out yet, and it will get more use over time.

By far my favorite part of Destiny has been the experience playing crucible and IB with DBO people who, like myself, never really enjoyed online multiplayer arena. Destiny is completely different in the team setting, and when you can play with a fireteam full of people, you can beat just about any team, regardless of how much straighter the other guys might shoot. Also, all you DBO people are really solid individuals. That helps too.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, November 24, 2014, 08:23 (3441 days ago) @ iconicbanana

By far my favorite part of Destiny has been the experience playing crucible and IB with DBO people who, like myself, never really enjoyed online multiplayer arena. Destiny is completely different in the team setting, and when you can play with a fireteam full of people, you can beat just about any team, regardless of how much straighter the other guys might shoot. Also, all you DBO people are really solid individuals. That helps too.

I really want to do this, but after hearing all the stories about you all dominating, I don't want to be the guy who ruins that.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, November 24, 2014, 08:30 (3441 days ago) @ Kermit

I really want to do this, but after hearing all the stories about you all dominating, I don't want to be the guy who ruins that.

just don't go and capture point A, and it will all work out :)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, November 24, 2014, 08:31 (3441 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

just don't go and capture point A, and it will all work out :)

If you're SonofMacPhisto, you do cap it, then sprint back to C to FoH the whole enemy team.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, November 24, 2014, 09:52 (3441 days ago) @ iconicbanana

As if he had even left C at all. He and his eternal bubble.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, November 24, 2014, 09:58 (3441 days ago) @ ZackDark

As if he had even left C at all. He and his eternal bubble.

One of the best crucible runs we ever had was three straight controls on Firebase Delphi, where Phisto and I think Bluerunner went striker and just ran around Havoking people with wanton abandon. You could sense the rage emanating from the corpses of their victims.

C IS MINE YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, November 24, 2014, 11:35 (3441 days ago) @ iconicbanana

*throws up Ward of Dawn, proceeds to make out with Invective*

You should really stay away from the "business end" of that

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, November 24, 2014, 13:35 (3441 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

- No text -

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, November 24, 2014, 11:37 (3441 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Witness the power of Titankrieg, herr iconic!

Titankreig

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, November 24, 2014, 13:36 (3441 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Now I really want a full team of striker titans on my next control match! Shoulder charge + FoH FTW!

Titankreig

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, November 24, 2014, 13:43 (3441 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Some day we should get a group of six and instead of playing to win we should play for shock and awe. Strikers nuking an enemy one after another would be good, but I want 6 Gunslingers side by side with golden guns blazing to advance slowly on an enemy. Or Sunsingers. Or Bladedancers. Yeah, you might not win when six bladedancers swarm one point... but it would be pretty darn impressive! :p

Titankreig

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, November 24, 2014, 13:46 (3441 days ago) @ Ragashingo

6 Sunsingers buffing each other into Solar Grenaggedom should be pretty sweet too. And possibly everlasting.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, November 24, 2014, 12:17 (3441 days ago) @ Kermit

Don't worry, the DBO guys I ran with last week dragged me along on their coattails no problem. (thanks gang) :)

After that I got much much better (plus getting the perfect balance upgrade on The Last Word really helps). I'd say I'm a 0.8 - 1.2 kdr player now instead of a 0.5. I've even gone on a 5+ killing spree! It's amazing how much a week dedicated to PvP can improve your abilities.

This past week of Iron Banner has been good for me, I did NOT like PvP before hand and I really really was quite terrible at the start of the week, but now I know most of the maps (twilight gap I don't know very well yet) and I feel that I'm no longer a dead weight. I might actually play some crucible for fun on occasion now.

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Monday, November 24, 2014, 08:29 (3441 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I had one match where most of my matchamde fireteam used the team chat and it went really well. Control point A was not capped a single time. We never spawn flipped.

I really enjoyed IB 2.0. I wish it was permanent. I would play it exclusively if it were available persistently.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, November 24, 2014, 08:34 (3441 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

• Players complain destiny isn't social enough, want chat
  • Bungie gives chat
  • Players continue to play without using chat
  • Players complain about how stupid randy is.

::Rolls eyes::

It's not that people don't know how to use it- the game spells it out pretty clearly when you play where and when and who is actively using chat and how to join.

They just don't use it.

People think they really want "things" when really they just enjoy complaining about "things" than actually having them.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, November 24, 2014, 08:41 (3441 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I prefer to have it be opt-in, although a setting for that would be ok too. The problems that people had with chat in Halo were all due to it being an opt-out feature. Although the UI does kind of explain how to do it, I think there are a few factors reducing it's usage.

- I'm guessing that some people just aren't paying enough attention
- Others might already be in fireteams and not want to chat with other players as a result

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, November 24, 2014, 08:42 (3441 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I prefer to have it be opt-in, although a setting for that would be ok too. The problems that people had with chat in Halo were all due to it being an opt-out feature. Although the UI does kind of explain how to do it, I think there are a few factors reducing it's usage.

- I'm guessing that some people just aren't paying enough attention
- Others might already be in fireteams and not want to chat with other players as a result

I know about four of us running 360 tried opting in when it became available; we did it for 2 or three games, no one was using it, so we just gave up and stuck with fireteam chat.

by Durandal, Monday, November 24, 2014, 12:44 (3441 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I started playing against my better judgement because it didn't look like I would get the final piece of gear to hit level 30 from the vault, but I could buy the arms and level 1 at 100 promised an easy grind to level 4.

They should have commented early on that you must be a Titan with a Suros Regime in order to play. It wasn't till I grouped up with a few people and got into a groove that I could start to win. Having a team, even if they are not very good, is still better then going into chat and listening to the one guy complain about the rest of you not doing anything right. At least I mute myself when I start yelling at the TV :)

Iron banner was amazing with a full fireteam *IMG*

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Monday, November 24, 2014, 14:06 (3441 days ago) @ Durandal

They should have commented early on that you must be a Titan with a Suros Regime in order to play. It wasn't till I grouped up with a few people and got into a groove that I could start to win. Having a team, even if they are not very good, is still better then going into chat and listening to the one guy complain about the rest of you not doing anything right. At least I mute myself when I start yelling at the TV :)

I'm sorry you're not having fun with it. I'm having a blast! I play a lvl 27 Voidwalker with a no-name auto rifle and I do alright. I had my very best crucible match last night in the Iron Banner!

[image]

I got my first Breaker and Reign of Terror medals in that match. I will say I was playing with randoms, and when doing so I usually just stay out of the chat channel entirely.

I have good games sometimes..

by Durandal, Monday, November 24, 2014, 16:54 (3440 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Winning always makes me feel better. My impression is just that

1. Suros Regimes are the most common exotic seen in the IB by far. The Regime is very good and often outshot my Vision of Confluence at range and my Shadow Price up close. Short of another exotic like The Last Word it tended to overshadow all other primaries.

2. Titans are spoiled for choices. A good selection of grenades, very effective supers, and a one hit kill melee are all things my Hunter envies.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread