I want LESS (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, November 24, 2014, 10:17 (3440 days ago)

Jason Jones talks about how he is giving us MORE in The Dark Below. I actually want LESS.

I want less grinding.

I want less frustration.

I want less hassle.

I want less busy work.

I think less would be more. There's a lot I want more of, but the key focus should be minimizing the stuff that doesn't work.

But Activision wants MORE money!

by car15, Monday, November 24, 2014, 11:03 (3440 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

I want LESS

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, November 24, 2014, 11:39 (3440 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Jason Jones talks about how he is giving us MORE in The Dark Below. I actually want LESS.

You want less Crucible maps, less Strikes, less Raids, less weapons, less gear, less Story? Those were the things specifically mentioned in reference to more. You're taking one sentence, removing the context, and running it through your normal "I haven't complained about the investment system this week" filter.

There's a lot I want more of, but...

...trying to lure people into yet another broken record thread about the evils of investment systems takes precedent. :)

Cody Status:

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Monday, November 24, 2014, 12:53 (3440 days ago) @ Ragashingo

[ ] Not told
[ ] Told
[X] TOLDASAURUS REX
[X] Cash4told.com
[X] No country for told men
[X] Knights of the told Republic
[X] ToldSpice
[x] The Elder Tolds IV: Oblivious
[x] Command & Conquer: Toldberian Sun
[x] GuiTold Hero: World Told
[X] Told King of Boletaria
[x] Countold Strike
[x] Unreal Toldament
[x] Stone-told Steve Austin
[X] Half Life 2: Episode Told
[x] World of Warcraft: Catoldclysm
[X] Roller Coaster Toldcoon
[x] Assassin's Creed: Tolderhood
[x] Battletolds
[x] S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shatold of Chernobyl
[X] Toldasauraus Rex 2: Electric Toldaloo
[x] Told of Duty 4: Modern Toldfare
[X] Pokemon Told and Silver
[x] The Legend of Eldorado : The Lost City of Told
[X] Rampage: Toldal Destruction
[x] Told Fortress Classic
[x] Toldman: Arkham Told
[X] The Good, The Bad, and The Told
[x] Super Mario SunTold
[x] Legend of Zelda: Toldacarnia of Time
[X] Toldstone creamery
[x] Mario Golf: Toldstool Tour
[X] Super Told Boy
[X] Left 4 Told
[X] Battoldfield: Bad Company 2
[x] Toldman Sachs
[X] Conker's Bad Fur Day: Live and Retolded
[x] Lead and Told: Gangs of the Wild West
[x] Portold 2
[x] Avatold: The Last Airbender
[X] Dragon Ball Z Toldkaichi Budokai
[x] Toldcraft II: Tolds of Toldberty
[x] Leo Toldstoy
[x] Metal Gear Toldid 3: Snake Eater
[X] 3D Dot Told Heroes
[x] J.R.R Toldkien's Lord of the Told
[x] Told you that ps3 has no games
[X] LitTOLD Big Planet
[x] Rome: Toldal War
[x] Gran Toldrismo 5
[x] Told Calibur 4
[x] Told Fortress 2
[x] Castlevania: RonTold of Blood
[x] Guilty Gear XX Accent Told
[x] Cyndaquil, Chicorita, and Toldodile
[x] was foretold
[x] demon's told
[x] http//:www.youtold.com
[x] Tolden Sun: Dark Dawn
[x] Tic-Tac-Told
[X] Biotold 2
[X] Toldbound
[x] icetold
[x] Told of the Rings

+100

by Monochron, Monday, November 24, 2014, 12:58 (3440 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

- No text -

Glorious

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, November 24, 2014, 13:40 (3440 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

- No text -

Good job Guardian! Show him the meaning of pain!

by Psyrixx, Monday, November 24, 2014, 14:40 (3440 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

- No text -

I want LESS

by Quirel, Monday, November 24, 2014, 12:57 (3440 days ago) @ Ragashingo

You want less Crucible maps, less Strikes, less Raids, less weapons, less gear, less Story? Those were the things specifically mentioned in reference to more. You're taking one sentence, removing the context, and running it through your normal "I haven't complained about the investment system this week" filter.

There's a lot I want more of, but...

...trying to lure people into yet another broken record thread about the evils of investment systems takes precedent. :)

Magnificent.

I want LESS

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, November 24, 2014, 11:54 (3440 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm with you 100%. But to your point about what Jason Jones says in that video, a promotional video for an expansion pack isn't really the time to talk about all the stuff you're going to cut out of your game ;)

The way I see it, streamlining weapon upgrades, minimizing farming, etc... that's all stuff Bungie should (and hopefully will) address through regular patches and updates. The expansion packs are about new content, so I don't blame them for focusing on the "more" aspect of things.

I want LESS

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, November 24, 2014, 12:06 (3440 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I want less grinding.

I want less frustration.

I want less hassle.

I want less busy work.

I think less would be more. There's a lot I want more of, but the key focus should be minimizing the stuff that doesn't work.

But do you want less of what he's actually talking about, i.e., cohesive story, playable spaces, and so on?

Sounds to me as if they're responding to the big concerns that almost everyone had.

I want LESS

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, November 24, 2014, 14:57 (3440 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I want less grinding.

I want less frustration.

I want less hassle.

I want less busy work.

C'mon, bro--a game's gotta have some meat to it. Yeah, there are things that should be easy, and should be difficult, but I don't want stuff just handed to me. I'd rather work for the Thorn I can no longer use until Destiny version 2.0. I'd want to feel good about how much Spirit Bloom and Relic Iron I forced myself to pick up and make my weapons even better. While every single person in the world has The Last Word, Corrective Measure and SUROS Whatever the unbalanced hell it's called, I want to kick people's ass with a gun that I'm pretty sure really does exist! And I like that idea.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread