So, The Iron Banner Is Just...Control. (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, November 24, 2014, 12:34 (3440 days ago)

- No text -

But, the best Control ever!

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Monday, November 24, 2014, 12:39 (3440 days ago) @ Morpheus

I think it would be cool to give variety of the game types, to be certain. That being said, I had a lot of fun playing IB this weekend. 16 hours of rep grinding and I finally hit 30 thanks to the IB gloves!

I also really wish it were a permanent option for PvP. I'm sure there's some psychological reason to keep it timed so players continue to log in, but, man, it was the most fun I've had in Destiny since day one, and my first raid completion.

I'm Just Disappointed.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, November 24, 2014, 14:37 (3440 days ago) @ rliebherr

It should be more of a combined deal--Clash, Control, Big Term Skirmish--hell, even a 12 player Free For All. Vehicular combat, that kind of stuff.

And what would've been really cool is if there were some maps that only showed up during Iron Banner. I know there's only 10 maps right now, but just imagine that(along with the ones on disc) that there were about 2-4 Iron Banner exclusive maps--say that out loud--Iron Banner Exclusives. Something that changes with each occurrence. People won't camp and take advantage of all the spots because they won't know where exactly each spot is, making a (somewhat) new playing experience every time!

Ok, lemme go play more control.

Iron Banner Exclusive Maps! Available on Playstation only...

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, November 24, 2014, 14:59 (3440 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

I like the sound of that!

by R41, Monday, November 24, 2014, 15:16 (3440 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

So, The Iron Banner Is Just...Control.

by Monochron, Monday, November 24, 2014, 12:48 (3440 days ago) @ Morpheus

I was still playing at my normal level last night when I accidentally had some newer armor on and played as a 27 instead of a 29, and using a not-yet-upgraded Suros. My experience could be tainted, but it just felt like regular old Control to me...

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Monday, November 24, 2014, 12:55 (3440 days ago) @ Morpheus

It's not that much different, but it is. You have to play smarter when you see someone higher (it's hard to tell if they have upgraded weapons, but you should NOT be using IB to upgrade them, you should only be using the upgraded ones - I found that out the hard way - 3 shotguns to kill a 3 from 5 feet away)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, November 24, 2014, 18:38 (3440 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

I went in one game with the very first rifle you get in the game. I unloaded entire magazines into people and barely made a dent. It was funny until I saw my k/d after the game.

I want to try that next time

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, November 24, 2014, 18:43 (3440 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

I want to try that next time

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, November 24, 2014, 21:33 (3440 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I would use the same weapon in regular crucible for fun occasionally,. Since weapon levels don't matter in crucible then the gun is a semi-viable weapon to use.

That's like saying a Tony Packo's dog is just a hotdog.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, November 24, 2014, 14:51 (3440 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread