Exotic Heavy Weapon Idea: You Can't Run (Destiny)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, November 24, 2014, 15:39 (3440 days ago)

I was thinking the other day that while the Destiny weapons are pretty awesome, many of them aren't very futuristic! So I took a page out of Heinlein for this weapon...

The main perk to this gun would be Smart Rounds, which work much like the tracking rockets from Truth. Critical shots would be somewhat difficult because the machine gun would have very low stability, but due to the smart rounds you wouldn't really miss unless at very close range. The other perks would allow you to reduce the impact for better tracking or increase the impact but reduce the tracking.

Exotic Heavy Weapon Idea: You Can't Run

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, November 24, 2014, 15:41 (3440 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I was thinking the other day that while the Destiny weapons are pretty awesome, many of them aren't very futuristic! So I took a page out of Heinlein for this weapon...

The main perk to this gun would be Smart Rounds, which work much like the tracking rockets from Truth. Critical shots would be somewhat difficult because the machine gun would have very low stability, but due to the smart rounds you wouldn't really miss unless at very close range. The other perks would allow you to reduce the impact for better tracking or increase the impact but reduce the tracking.

Sooooo...the ZF1, then?

I forgot about that

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, November 24, 2014, 15:43 (3440 days ago) @ iconicbanana

But, yes something like that would be awesome!

Sign me up!

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, November 24, 2014, 15:51 (3440 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

So like that Fallen weapon?

by RC ⌂, UK, Monday, November 24, 2014, 16:05 (3440 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

The Shock Rifle. It's already in the game, but we're not allowed to use it.

But the bullets are so slow...

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, November 24, 2014, 18:17 (3440 days ago) @ RC

- No text -

But the bullets are so slow...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 07:43 (3440 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

They are, but realistically they need to be to balance it.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, November 24, 2014, 21:24 (3440 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

[image]

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, November 24, 2014, 22:20 (3440 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Right… what iconicbanana said.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread