Helping teams open the Vault door... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, November 24, 2014, 22:47 (3440 days ago)

Anyone know what you have to be doing in order to run into a team trying to open the door?

I've gone there countless times during Patrol to see if anyone might need help, but I've never seen a group there... Maybe you have to be playing a specific story mission to be in their same instance?

Helping teams open the Vault door...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, November 24, 2014, 22:52 (3440 days ago) @ Korny

I think it's just luck. You have to be in the correct one of presumably several thousand instances of that section of Venus during the five minutes or so it takes a Raid group to open the door. The odds are just really low is all.

I've done it twice whilst on a Pike

by scarab @, Monday, November 24, 2014, 23:27 (3440 days ago) @ Korny

Would be awkward if they didn't want the help... but they seemed happy.

Got lots of invites from a 5 man team but it was late at night for me and I was just finishing up for the day when I stumbled across them. They were text invites so maybe they didn't have mikes and I hate mute Raids.

Nah. You Just Have To Be There When They Are.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, November 24, 2014, 23:38 (3440 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 03:56 (3440 days ago) @ Korny

I've done it a few times. You just have to be there at the right time.

When the door opens you can go in, but the team you help disappears while going down the first tunnel. The first chest will not spawn for you and the passage behind the first chest is blocked. To get out you have to go to orbit.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 05:20 (3440 days ago) @ bluerunner

I've done it a few times. You just have to be there at the right time.

When the door opens you can go in, but the team you help disappears while going down the first tunnel. The first chest will not spawn for you and the passage behind the first chest is blocked. To get out you have to go to orbit.

Or wait until another team opens up the door. I've done that before. It probably freaked out the second team when I came running out.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 07:29 (3440 days ago) @ Kermit

"I did the raid, and all I got was this Kermit."

Sounds like my first raid! :p

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 08:58 (3440 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 07:40 (3440 days ago) @ Kermit

you can sparrow glitch into the vault, wonder if you can sparrow glitch out? I know that you can spawn a sparrow up to the first chest, but i've never tried to get out of the vault.

what cracks me up is that you spend all that time and energy to open the door, and right on the other side is a huge hole in the ceiling with sunlight beaming in. Why didn't we just park our ships up there and jump in? :)

False.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 08:30 (3440 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

what cracks me up is that you spend all that time and energy to open the door, and right on the other side is a huge hole in the ceiling with sunlight beaming in. Why didn't we just park our ships up there and jump in? :)

In our last exploratory raid run this was the first thing I tired.

It's just a lighting trick. When you get up there (really easy if you play titan), it's a cloud\mist that is back lit and when you go through it, there is a hard ceiling.

It's a big fat phony!

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 06:09 (3440 days ago) @ Korny

I never run into groups during the week.

I ALWAYS run into groups on the weekends, or a Friday night.

It was fun helping a few months back, when no one knew how to get in or weren't very good at it, but now it seems like people know the drill.

It's also very irritating that I can't explore in there solo. And that I don't get that first chest when helping. I feel like there should be SOMETHING in there for me if I helped haha.

I've tried to load the raid solo and wait for other groups to show up so I can get further, but it seems like that never happens and I'm stuck to my own server, left wanting...

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread