Xbox One Normal Raid tonight? (Destiny)

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 09:34 (3440 days ago)

Anyone up for helping me do the Raid on Normal tonight? I'm 6 or 12 shards away from level 29 so that I can start doing some Hard mode Raids. I'd love to knock it out quickly tonight so that I could do Hard mode later in the week!

I'm thinking maybe start around 9 or 9:30p EST

Xbox One Normal Raid tonight?

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 09:43 (3440 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I have plans for the early evening but might be free by then. If I am I'd love to help!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 11:28 (3440 days ago) @ breitzen

I have plans for the early evening but might be free by then. If I am I'd love to help!

I might be able to do this tonight, but I have a question I can't answer while at work. Doesn't the Raid give you experience, and does it make sense to do the Nightfall before you do the Raid in order to boost that experience?

by petetheduck, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 11:32 (3440 days ago) @ Kermit

I might be able to do this tonight, but I have a question I can't answer while at work. Doesn't the Raid give you experience, and does it make sense to do the Nightfall before you do the Raid in order to boost that experience?

As far as I know, the Raid is an empty void, asides from occasionally glitching Pumice Threads if you happen to be carrying that bounty. Nothing gains XP.

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 11:38 (3440 days ago) @ Kermit

Are you saying you'd rather do the Nigthfall (Summoning Pits/Phogoth)? I'd be down for doing that instead (since right now looks like we might only have 3)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 11:45 (3440 days ago) @ JDQuackers
edited by Kermit, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 12:08

Are you saying you'd rather do the Nigthfall (Summoning Pits/Phogoth)? I'd be down for doing that instead (since right now looks like we might only have 3)

Ugh, that's my least favorite Nightfall. I can do either since there's no advantage to doing the Nightfall first.

EDIT: I had designs of taking all my characters through Nightfall over the holiday weekend. Why must it be Phogoth! Curses!

by Psyrixx, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 12:01 (3440 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm down for normal raid, I can probably bring a friend too.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 12:01 (3440 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I'll join in if I can't find any takers for a hard mode run.

-Disciple

by Durandal, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 14:14 (3440 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I will be around for a run - "The Miniboss"

i won't make it tonight. Sorry guys.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 18:00 (3439 days ago) @ JDQuackers

- No text -

Doh!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, November 26, 2014, 10:32 (3439 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Note to self: Next time you volunteer to join a raid group and you're killing time farming mats while waiting on everyone to form up and send the invite, take a few moments to make sure you haven't set your profile to "Appear Offline."

I was pretty bummed about getting ditched for the raid until a few hours later when I realized I was just an idiot :p

Glad my stupidity didn't leave you guys short handed. I hope you all got all of fat loots you were hoping for!

-Disciple

Doh!

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Wednesday, November 26, 2014, 12:33 (3439 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Gah! Sorry we missed you then. We managed to get 6, but then I had to bow-out early at the Gatekeeper checkpoint due to a baby emergency. I don't even know if they guys were able to finish the Raid or not!

I was at least able to get Shards in every drop and leveled up to 29. Hard mode here I come? Someday...

Doh!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, November 26, 2014, 12:49 (3439 days ago) @ JDQuackers
edited by Kermit, Wednesday, November 26, 2014, 13:14

Gah! Sorry we missed you then. We managed to get 6, but then I had to bow-out early at the Gatekeeper checkpoint due to a baby emergency. I don't even know if they guys were able to finish the Raid or not!

I was at least able to get Shards in every drop and leveled up to 29. Hard mode here I come? Someday...

We did finish, but it was a tough climb. We got a sixth, but he kept dropping. We were having a hard time for a while, and I realized that we were down to five people.

Mig joined us. We finally finished. It was his first time finishing the Raid, which is cool because I was also present when Claude finished his first Raid. Maybe I'm like a good luck charm or something. Okay, there's no way that that's true.

Doh!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, November 26, 2014, 13:31 (3439 days ago) @ Kermit

To be fair, you were also there for the first completions of myself and the rest of DBO Team Bravo. Maybe you really are good luck ;)

-Disciple

Doh!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, November 26, 2014, 13:27 (3439 days ago) @ JDQuackers

My first hard mode run (and maybe my 2nd, too) was done as a 29. The damage penalty is rough, but it's not impossible if at least half of the crew is at 30. If you want to give it a shot some night, just let me know!

-Disciple

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread