Preorder & Ghost Edition exclusives. Please, Deej? (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 12:36 (3432 days ago)

I have the ghost edition for the xbone and the regular edition for the 360. Shortly after the 1.03 update Bungie removed the restrictions to allow the Frontier Ghost Shell, Blacksmith Shader, Valkyrie-O5X Ship, and the preorder sparrow to be used across both generations. The next day with the next patch these restrictions were put back in place.

Did anyone else notice this? It would be great if Bungie would remove these restrictions so I can use these cool preorder bonuses on both generations.

Am I asking for too much here?

Preorder & Ghost Edition exclusives. Please, Deej?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 13:10 (3432 days ago) @ unoudid

I have the ghost edition for the xbone and the regular edition for the 360. Shortly after the 1.03 update Bungie removed the restrictions to allow the Frontier Ghost Shell, Blacksmith Shader, Valkyrie-O5X Ship, and the preorder sparrow to be used across both generations. The next day with the next patch these restrictions were put back in place.

Did anyone else notice this? It would be great if Bungie would remove these restrictions so I can use these cool preorder bonuses on both generations.

Am I asking for too much here?

Hmm. I'm in the same boat. I noticed this issue and thought I'd misremembered being able to use all bonuses everywhere.

What really grinds my gears

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 13:16 (3432 days ago) @ Kermit

Hmm. I'm in the same boat. I noticed this issue and thought I'd misremembered being able to use all bonuses everywhere.

Since you can share everything else across both generations I just don't understand the logic.

what really grinds my gears is that when I try to equip these items on the 360 it tells me that the following items "requires purchase". I've already given Bungie $245 for the xbone Ghost Edition, 360 regular + expansion pass.

What really grinds my gears

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 14:41 (3432 days ago) @ unoudid

Since you can share everything else across both generations I just don't understand the logic.

what really grinds my gears is that when I try to equip these items on the 360 it tells me that the following items "requires purchase". I've already given Bungie $245 for the xbone Ghost Edition, 360 regular + expansion pass.

Yeah, I get the same. I wonder if it's connected to the one-direction-only sharing of the digital game and expansion pass. All digital content is probably set up to be shared in only one direction.

What bugs me is that I would have bought the digital Guardian Edition for the 360 but they didn't offer it! I could have just sold the extra stuff that came with my Xbone Ghost Edition (and that's what I did for the expansion pass).

One weird bug/bonus(?): if I remember correctly, you can equip the Valkyrie and you'll end up with Wonder Woman's ship on the 360.

My favorite bug!

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 14:50 (3432 days ago) @ Kermit

One weird bug/bonus(?): if I remember correctly, you can equip the Valkyrie and you'll end up with Wonder Woman's ship on the 360.

This made me laugh when I figured out the content wasn't a two-way street.

I was a little ticked they different offer a digital guardian edition for the 360 too. oh well?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread