So apparently the new DLC completely broke my game. (Destiny)

by Penthesilean, Thursday, December 11, 2014, 18:38 (3455 days ago)

1.) Download updates and such on day of release. Don't actually play due to finals.
2.) Look forward to playing extensively at the end of the week when school's out.
3.) Today (Friday) arrives. Fire up game. Start doing some bounties. All a-ok.
4.) Finish bounties. Start the new missions. EVERYTHING COMPLETELY F'D.

My emotes won't work most of the time. The character will 'stutter' for a split second, but nothing happens. Sometimes (rarely now) the emotes will work. But more often then not they don't anymore.

Some enemies such as Shanks appear frozen in mid-air, lifeless, unable to be interacted with. Two or more enemies at a time. You can pass through them.

Most important of all - All of my weapons in all three categories either fire when triggered as normal, fire wildly full-bore at random without touching the trigger at all, or most infuriating of all, simply refuse to fire. No matter what the weapon or type. It's about a one-third even split between the three on what will happen.

Whichever one it is, it will continue at length. After completing the three main new missions, I had to complete a 6 mission bounty using melee attacks alone, because my weapons simply would not start working again. Thinking that maybe if I went back and did the daily with some friends it would change something, I did so. Nope. My weapons fired wildly without being triggered, wasting my ammo, and then just stopped working period. I spent most of the session completely helpless.

No, it's NOT my controller. It works just fine with any other game, and I've never had any sort of trouble with it before. I tried a restart of the game - no effect. I tried restarting my PS4 - no effect.

I've been playing Destiny extensively since the Alpha. I have never had a problem of any kind before. Is there anything somebody can suggest? Is there anything I can do?

As it is now, the game is literally unplayable. I'm crushed.

So apparently the new DLC completely broke my game.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, December 11, 2014, 18:50 (3455 days ago) @ Penthesilean

Probably a stupid question, but it tripped me up with the invisible ship thing a while back, so it's worth asking. Have tried completely exiting the game from the dashboard and starting it back up again? I had tried rebooting the Xbox, holding the power button for 30 seconds and completely unplugging it before powering it back up, and was about to completely uninstall the game and reinstall it to try and fix it before someone mentioned just exiting form the dashboard. Worked perfectly after that.

-Disciple

Reinstall?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, December 11, 2014, 18:57 (3455 days ago) @ Penthesilean

- No text -

So apparently the new DLC completely broke my game.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, December 11, 2014, 23:22 (3455 days ago) @ Penthesilean

1.) Download updates and such on day of release. Don't actually play due to finals.
2.) Look forward to playing extensively at the end of the week when school's out.
3.) Today (Friday) arrives. Fire up game. Start doing some bounties. All a-ok.
4.) Finish bounties. Start the new missions. EVERYTHING COMPLETELY F'D.

My emotes won't work most of the time. The character will 'stutter' for a split second, but nothing happens. Sometimes (rarely now) the emotes will work. But more often then not they don't anymore.

Some enemies such as Shanks appear frozen in mid-air, lifeless, unable to be interacted with. Two or more enemies at a time. You can pass through them.

Do you have a weapon with the firefly perk, like a scout rifle or the Ice Breaker sniper?

Shanks killed by the explosions caused by a nearby precision kill always show this behavior-- both on Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Most important of all - All of my weapons in all three categories either fire when triggered as normal, fire wildly full-bore at random without touching the trigger at all, or most infuriating of all, simply refuse to fire. No matter what the weapon or type. It's about a one-third even split between the three on what will happen.

Yeah, that sounds weird. I'd reinstall.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread