I wanna complain. (Destiny)

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Friday, December 12, 2014, 07:56 (3433 days ago)

This game is a wreck in some ways. The game has great gameplay and classes and cool weapons butttttttttttttttt,

Single player story missions are boring, repetitive, too short, and have no story.

The Dark Below's story missions could have been one long mission and it would be much better. Doing a loading screen between each 7 minute mission gets old fast. Speedrunning is dead for everything except raids. No Saturn, no Mercury, the Reef is a cutscene only.

Crucible's offerings are still 4 flavors of slayer. We got team slayer, ffa slayer, slayer with control point kill modifiers, 3v3 slayer with revives, and a different sort of control point slayer. Mercury taunts you in the Rumble playlist.

The raids are the defining activities of the Destiny experience. They are the most fun activities in the game, and the game's philosophy seems to be focused on them. You can run them once per week per character while having a loot incentive for them. Theres 2 of them. They are resource hogs as far as development cycles go. I feel that Bungie is going to keep trying to outdo themselves with the Raid and eventually fail to outdo themselves. I think there is a tunnelvision on the raid as an activity that is drawing away resources from other things that need fixing. Vault of Glass now has zero use towards player progression, as you can now buy better armor.

The expansion isn't an expansion, don't call it that. Half Life: Opposing Force is an expansion. Warlords of Draenor is an expansion. The Dark Below ain't.

The worlds dead and stale for the most part. Earth is mildly interesting now. There's a ton of unused playspace in the world.

I'm grumpy today.

Grumpy or not you're 100% correct

by Kahzgul, Friday, December 12, 2014, 11:07 (3433 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

- No text -

It's not an expansion, you're right

by Avateur @, Friday, December 12, 2014, 11:24 (3433 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

It doesn't even come with extra achievements. A $10 map pack in Halo had new achievements. A $10 DLC in Mass Effect 2 lasted longer than Bungie's DLC (excluding the Raid).

Either way, I've played the content and I enjoyed it. It's been interesting thus far. It's looking like I'll start the Raid tomorrow, so that'll really give me an idea of whether or not their next DLC pack is worth my attention.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, December 12, 2014, 15:29 (3433 days ago) @ Avateur

It doesn't even come with extra achievements. A $10 map pack in Halo had new achievements. A $10 DLC in Mass Effect 2 lasted longer than Bungie's DLC (excluding the Raid).

Minerva's Den. It was a $10 Bioshock 2 DLC, but was an entire standalone mini-campaign that challenged the main game in terms of quality and storytelling.

Either way, I've played the content and I enjoyed it. It's been interesting thus far. It's looking like I'll start the Raid tomorrow, so that'll really give me an idea of whether or not their next DLC pack is worth my attention.

The first part is a blast even when you're dead... Though the final parts are a touch underwhelming, as they're more about aggression and luck rather than wits...

Still, I got my money's worth from the missions and strikes alone.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, December 12, 2014, 15:40 (3433 days ago) @ Korny

Minerva's Den. It was a $10 Bioshock 2 DLC, but was an entire standalone mini-campaign that challenged the main game in terms of quality and storytelling.

Burial At Sea 1 and 2 for Bioshock Infinite were also far better. Not so much 1, but 2 was great in that it had about as much content (including the raid) that Dark Below had, but was basically a different type of game. It changed to a more stealth action game, and you had to relearn a lot of new stuff. It was as good as you can get I think when it comes to DLC.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread