I should have recorded it, has anyone seen this? (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, December 12, 2014, 08:38 (3433 days ago)

I was on Patrol on Earth and I was clearing the dark room that is right before that Wizard Came From The Moon! And I noticed that there was a thrall crouched in the corner with some name like "Hand Of <some name>" and I shot it. When I shot it, it got up and a message popped up:

The Hand Of <some name> has been disturbed

And all of a sudden high level (20+) Thralls, knights, acolytes teleported into the room and things got dicey. I barely survived and had a blast.

I'm beginning to wonder if the real purpose of the dark below was to add some MEAT to the world.

It's part of a quest-line from Eris in the new DLC.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, December 12, 2014, 08:42 (3433 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

I should have recorded it, has anyone seen this?

by petetheduck, Friday, December 12, 2014, 08:46 (3433 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I was on Patrol on Earth and I was clearing the dark room that is right before that Wizard Came From The Moon! And I noticed that there was a thrall crouched in the corner with some name like "Hand Of <some name>" and I shot it. When I shot it, it got up and a message popped up:

The Hand Of <some name> has been disturbed

And all of a sudden high level (20+) Thralls, knights, acolytes teleported into the room and things got dicey. I barely survived and had a blast.

I'm beginning to wonder if the real purpose of the dark below was to add some MEAT to the world.

That's one of Eris new bounties after you complete the story missions. Good times. Did you not have the bounty at the time?

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, December 12, 2014, 08:50 (3433 days ago) @ petetheduck

Those guys are there whether you have the bounty or not, whether you've even gotten it or not-- which is a good move, I say.

Really helps with part of the Urn quest too.

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Friday, December 12, 2014, 08:53 (3433 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

- No text -

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, December 12, 2014, 09:11 (3433 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

Yep. I'm not sure whether it's always there, or whether someone else nearby has to have the bounty, but either way it's definitely possible to encounter that thrall when you don't have the bounty yourself.

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, December 12, 2014, 09:23 (3433 days ago) @ stabbim

Yep. I'm not sure whether it's always there, or whether someone else nearby has to have the bounty, but either way it's definitely possible to encounter that thrall when you don't have the bounty yourself.

It's always there. Last night playing patrol I ran into the Hand (Heart?) of Crota and have not even played the third story mission (and nobody was around, which was painfully obvious after I died for the 15th time trying to kill the Wizard with a shoulder/knee charge)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, December 12, 2014, 09:35 (3433 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Can I just say I love the Titan's in-air-knee-charge? Previously I thought I had kicked an enemy for a melee, but was never able to reproduce it, and it wasn't until the shoulder-charge the wizards that I noticed you knee them if you're in the air.

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, December 12, 2014, 09:39 (3433 days ago) @ dogcow

:-) it's one of my favorite things in the game. I used to have an awesome set of leg armor that had blades on the lower thigh that was awesome. I thought it looked cool as hell and really made my flying knee feel so special.

Also it's hilarious to give Knights the knee head-on because your standard jump connects your knee perfectly with their crotch. Dick kick!

No, but I've heard the bugger.

by PsycoJoe, Saturday, December 13, 2014, 01:30 (3432 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Sensor/radar/whatin'ellever shows it to be behind/near a computer console. I heard heavy breathing and decided I didn't want to be part of that orgy.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread