DestinyRaider.net: Update/Question (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, December 12, 2014, 12:07 (3433 days ago)

So work on DestinyRaider.net is progressing. I've been in touch with several people about contributing content to the site (thanks! <3).

If you haven't seen it yet, I've updated the Vault of Glass landing page to include a new info chart, and a list of "resource" links that send readers to the various sections of the guide.

The big thing still missing from the landing page is a raid "map" that links to the main sections of the raid. (I made this image, but don't think I'm going to use it... something along these lines though).

The idea is that readers can quickly find help with a specific section, or read through the entire thing if they want to.

I have a question regarding the walkthrough itself. I'm in the process of writing it now. I'm about half way through writing the section for the Templar battle, and it is getting very LONG. I want to be very thorough, explaining all the different considerations, fire team formations, rotations and strategies, etc. But my gut is telling me that I need to compartmentalize things more.

So my question to you is: If you were looking at a raid guide, would you rather have loads of detailed info and explanation, or a few quick points to give the general idea so you can take that info and go figure it out yourself?

Thanks guys!

DestinyRaider.net: Update/Question

by petetheduck, Friday, December 12, 2014, 12:22 (3433 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

So my question to you is: If you were looking at a raid guide, would you rather have loads of detailed info and explanation, or a few quick points to give the general idea so you can take that info and go figure it out yourself?

I would most want a condensed interface that allows me to access or reference concise strategies for specific encounters. If we're about to cheese the Oracles, I want to say to my buddy, "go to destiny raider, click on Vault of Glass, click on Oracles, look at the picture. Okay, you're alpha. Stand there where it shows you to stand and shoot those oracles it shows in the picture."

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, December 15, 2014, 09:17 (3430 days ago) @ petetheduck

I would most want a condensed interface that allows me to access or reference concise strategies for specific encounters. If we're about to cheese the Oracles, I want to say to my buddy, "go to destiny raider, click on Vault of Glass, click on Oracles, look at the picture. Okay, you're alpha. Stand there where it shows you to stand and shoot those oracles it shows in the picture."

What do you think of adding the maps into the main Raid landing page? So you go to destinyraider.net, click on Vault of Glass, and you get the info chart, links to specific resources (how to use the relic, character class guide, video gallery, etc), and you also get maps of the 3 main battles (in GIF form) that show the ideal fireteam placement. Clicking on these maps could open a new page with a more detailed breakdown of that specific battle (with more maps and videos).

Would that be useful/helpful?

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, December 15, 2014, 09:18 (3430 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Yes.

by RC ⌂, UK, Friday, December 12, 2014, 18:51 (3433 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Why not both?

Write the short version first, and present that first. Then fill in details in layers. From a "we're all 29s and want to do the 26 mode raid" to "we want to do the Flawless Raider on Hard and get all the chests"

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread