You can shoot the blue cannon of the Devil Walker (Destiny)

by HuskerAlpha, Friday, December 12, 2014, 21:38 (3432 days ago)

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2nfrrl/sga_shoot_the_blue_cannon_off_the_devil_walker/

Some people don't know you can do this, makes fighting them much easier.

You can shoot the blue cannon of the Devil Walker

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, December 12, 2014, 22:08 (3432 days ago) @ HuskerAlpha

I read that you could do this in the grimoire card for the walker but every time I tried I lost patience when the group had it down to low health and just went back to shooting the legs.i thought maybe I had just read too much into the card. Nice to see it was real.

by RC ⌂, UK, Saturday, December 13, 2014, 06:51 (3432 days ago) @ Vortech

Generally it takes too long relative to the safety advantage it confers for the remainder of the fight. It's generally better to simply be smart with positioning and concentrate on the legs.

The guide says you can also shoot off the hatches on the side while they're open, but I've never successfully done this.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Saturday, December 13, 2014, 20:00 (3431 days ago) @ RC

It takes way too much effort to damage these parts. If it was easier I'd probably try to take these parts down more often.

by Raflection, Sunday, December 14, 2014, 07:26 (3431 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Ive tried this tactic of shooting off the blue cannon 4 times in a strike now.

It does take more time to hit it off than the legs, combined with it being 1 very small target constantly moving as apose to the 6 rather large legs that stay relatively still and slow moving.

In one strike we knocked off a leg and near killed it in a very short time, took it out with supers after.
Sticking to the legs is definitely a better stratergy, just dodge the bullets.

by petetheduck, Monday, December 15, 2014, 09:40 (3430 days ago) @ Raflection

Ive tried this tactic of shooting off the blue cannon 4 times in a strike now.

It does take more time to hit it off than the legs, combined with it being 1 very small target constantly moving as apose to the 6 rather large legs that stay relatively still and slow moving.

In one strike we knocked off a leg and near killed it in a very short time, took it out with supers after.
Sticking to the legs is definitely a better stratergy, just dodge the bullets.

It would be fun if there was a way to shoot off all of a Devil Walker's weapons and turn it into a harmless pet.

by SteelGaribaldi @, Sol system, Monday, December 15, 2014, 09:51 (3430 days ago) @ petetheduck

It would be fun if there was a way to shoot off all of a Devil Walker's weapons and turn it into a harmless pet.

And name it Lamarr. Just don't let it near your teleport, or you'll have to travel to Black Mesa East on foot.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread