Destiny Exotic Synergy Builds (Destiny)

by GrandmasterNinja, Sunday, December 14, 2014, 09:14 (3431 days ago)

I've been collecting a bunch of exotics...like enough to feel bad whenever people complain about RNGesus.

And I've come across and incredibly OP striker synergy with The Insormountable Skullfort and Red Death.

I'm literally always recharging my health in either PVP or PVE.

I get my health back when I kill somebody with stormfist, shoulder charge, and kills with my Red Death. I wish I could get some vids of the gameplay of it but I play on the PS3. All those thralls in Crota's End are just walking health packs.

Are there any other synergy builds with exotics that you guys have come across?

Destiny Exotic Synergy Builds

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Sunday, December 14, 2014, 09:35 (3431 days ago) @ GrandmasterNinja

There's a build I've seen theorized for warlocks that uses the Obsidian Mind (killing minions of darkness reduces super cooldown; nova bomb kills reduce cooldown of nova bomb) and bad juju (kills reduce super cooldown) to create a nova bomb feedback loop. With a decent kill rate and orbs from allies, you could probably throw nova bombs about as fast as your grenades.

On a side note I really want Obsidian Mind.

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Sunday, December 14, 2014, 13:07 (3431 days ago) @ iconicbanana

This is hilarious timing for me to read.... I just got Obsidian Mind in an engram (from my Hunter BTW), and the day before I just Sharded my Bad Juju because I just didn't use it enought to keep it around! :P

Guess I just gotta hope to get the Exotic bounty again.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Sunday, December 14, 2014, 15:47 (3431 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I just got Obsidian Mind the other day and this is exactly what I've been doing.

I thought I was the only one. :(

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Sunday, December 14, 2014, 10:08 (3431 days ago) @ GrandmasterNinja

I Have enjoyed pairing Monte Carlo and the titular method with the overshield provided by the defender class. Once you can shoot from the hip you can run around shooting and punching and almost always have fresh shielding happening.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, December 16, 2014, 09:13 (3429 days ago) @ GrandmasterNinja

Ward of Dawn spec'd for maximum duration, cooldown, and Blessing of Light along with Invective.

Works great on Control. Throw the Ward up at a choke point or control point, crouch and wait for enemies, when they see you and approach engage *just* outside the Ward. For some reason people expect you to just sit in the Ward and wait for them to enter. Show them true folly. /Shaxx

Invective's automatic fire and range will wreck them. Then you can just back up real fast and refill your overshield. Remember, just gotta pass THROUGH the Dawn to get it back.

With Invective's ammo regen, you don't have to de-camp for ammo.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, December 16, 2014, 09:21 (3429 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Ward of Dawn spec'd for maximum duration, cooldown, and Blessing of Light along with Invective.

Works great on Control. Throw the Ward up at a choke point or control point, crouch and wait for enemies, when they see you and approach engage *just* outside the Ward. For some reason people expect you to just sit in the Ward and wait for them to enter. Show them true folly. /Shaxx

Invective's automatic fire and range will wreck them. Then you can just back up real fast and refill your overshield. Remember, just gotta pass THROUGH the Dawn to get it back.

With Invective's ammo regen, you don't have to de-camp for ammo.

All you need on top of that is the Helm of Saint-14 and it'd be even crazier!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, December 16, 2014, 09:34 (3429 days ago) @ GrandmasterNinja
edited by iconicbanana, Tuesday, December 16, 2014, 09:39

There's a good sunsinger build (most sunsingers will know about) using heart of praxic fire, viking funeral, touch of flame and firebolt grenades. Because of praxic fire's cooldown, you can still spam grenades without gift of the sun, and the burn damage from the firebolts will kill just about anybody. Throw in a solar burn weapon (I recommend pocket infinity or invective) and you can light up and burn down just about everything. Even enemies you barely dps will die if they take a grenade hit. Throw in flame shield and use it offensively (pop just before you bunch someone), and you can tank everything but a titan in his bubble shield.

This guy uses it to wicked effect. I don't really agree with him on choosing fireborn (radiant skin is badass) but that's up to your playstyle.

Edit: christ this guy is annoying. Trying to find a less annoying example of this build.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread