Late to the Party (Off-Topic)

by Ouranje ⌂, Dallas, TX, Thursday, December 18, 2014, 17:43 (3417 days ago)

And the after party. Hell, I'm late to the party the week after the first one.

I go by Orange (PSN: Ouranje, PS4 only). I've been playing Destiny since the Alpha, Beta, Launch, etc. But since the beginning, I've been playing entirely solo: aside from PVP and strike playlists, I've done everything I can do by myself BY myself.

Along the way, I've managed to get to level 27 as a hunter, armed with one "old" legendary scout rifle and Murmur. But I'm just shy of getting my vanguard rank to even 3, I've had some of the worst RNG luck I've even heard of, and all the most efficient methods of earning marks or SCs for what items will GET me to level 30 all basically require me to be either A) level 30, or B) have friends who play Destiny. It's not like I'm FRIENDLESS, but uh, all of my friends own different consoles than I do, except for one, who never has the same day off as I do.

Day off, singular-- Wednesdays only, and soon not even that. And I don't presently have a mic, which makes playing with anyone... let's just say "difficult" is putting it lightly. But I've been lurking around here for a while, and was hoping to perhaps find some kind people to get me through (the apparently pointless? but still requisite and allegedly fun) Vault of Glass and maybe a Nightfall or Heroic every now and then. And hey, a slim chance of it since I'm mic-less and thus voiceless, but maybe I'll even make some friends! I promise not to be horrible. And maybe my lack of a mic is a blessing; who would even read all of this ramble? (do people look at the gamertag spreadsheet still? and more questions linger still)

tl;dr newbie looking for Wednesday fireteam friends and/or advice on how best to solo Destiny. Cheers!

Late to the Party

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, December 18, 2014, 17:57 (3417 days ago) @ Ouranje

Feel free to join me\us on PS4 sometime.

Revenant_1988

Late to the Party

by Ouranje ⌂, Dallas, TX, Thursday, December 18, 2014, 18:48 (3417 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Awesome! I'll do that, I appreciate it.

Late to the Party

by DreadPirateWes, Thursday, December 18, 2014, 18:25 (3417 days ago) @ Ouranje

http://www.destinylfg.net/ is awesome for finding someone to play with exactly when you want to do an activity. i was nervous to use it at first, but it's lots of normal people looking for groups. i rarely meet up with jerks or annoying kids. i'd specify that you have no mic in your message though, then people won't leave you thinking you're AFK.

ps you've gotta earn good luck. vanguard 3 suggest you haven't played that much... keep grinding and you'll get some good rolls.

Late to the Party

by Ouranje ⌂, Dallas, TX, Thursday, December 18, 2014, 18:48 (3417 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

Oh cool! I didn't know that it had an option for non-mic having people, I just assumed what people would assume when I'm mic-less, so that's good to know.

And yeah, my vanguard level being so low is a product of not having very much free time whatsoever, although I'm only 379 points away from rank 3 (or half a nightfall, if I was the right level). The few activities I have done haven't really been the best ones for gathering a lot of vanguard points, sadly.

Late to the Party

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, December 18, 2014, 18:44 (3417 days ago) @ Ouranje

Feel free to add me to your friends list! My PSN ID is CruelLEGACEY
I rarely use a mic when I play, so I wouldn't be much help in walking you through the Vault of Glass, but I'd love to play through it with you :)

Late to the Party

by Ouranje ⌂, Dallas, TX, Thursday, December 18, 2014, 18:49 (3417 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

That's fine! It'd be fun to just fiddle around in the VoG NOT by myself. I'll have to tell that story sometime. I'll add you here soon! Especially since you seem like, uniformly super nice around these parts. Thanks!

All these nice people

by Raflection, Friday, December 19, 2014, 00:42 (3416 days ago) @ Ouranje

this is why I need to buy a ps4

Welcome anyway! Xbox 360 here, I just hit level 30 last week. Now I need to grind legendaries to upgrade all my gear so I can get 31 ;_;

Late to the Party

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, December 19, 2014, 08:38 (3416 days ago) @ Ouranje

I'm on Tuesdays & Thursdays, occasionally Wednesdays & other nights. I'm in the Mountain Timezone. Feel free to add me & hop in with me if there's room in my fireteam. I'd also be willing to run the VoG with you as I enjoy it and could still use some Ascendant Shards & Energy.

PSN: DogCowMoof

You + Bluerunner = Party. Believe it. Blue Loves Orange. ;)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, December 19, 2014, 11:16 (3416 days ago) @ Ouranje

- No text -

Lies.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, December 19, 2014, 11:32 (3416 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Orange is my most hated of colors. Orange is the enemy of blue. I refuse to eat oranges until they come in a different color. I won't shop at Home Depot because it fills me with hate. If I see a guido on the street I punch them, mainly just because they're annoying, but also because they're usually orange.

Also, welcome Ourange!

Lies.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, December 19, 2014, 12:13 (3416 days ago) @ bluerunner

Ever since that orange killed your father you've never been the same.

Although, I do associate the color orange with "loud" for some reason....

On a completely unrelated note, where's Paddy.....

LOLOLOL

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, December 19, 2014, 12:49 (3416 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

Orange v Blue: The eternal struggle

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, December 19, 2014, 12:34 (3416 days ago) @ bluerunner

I never get tired of hunting down this gem of a thread

We <3 you Paddy

http://forums.bungie.org/halo/archive39.pl?read=1153292

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread