Old legendaries do not decrypt to new stat standards. *img* (Destiny)

by HavokBlue, California, Friday, December 19, 2014, 02:18 (3388 days ago)

Just decrypted a Blue Engram and got excited to see purple, but it turns out if you get 'old' armor from engrams, it's not on par with current vendor armor, contrary to what I had been hearing when the DLC hit. Does anyone know if weapons work the same way? Kind of sad if that means I can't ever get an updated Shadow Price.

[image]

I think you're wrong

by Raflection, Friday, December 19, 2014, 02:34 (3388 days ago) @ HavokBlue

Or just really unlucky.

I've decrypted blues and got 2 weps from dead orbit, both with new attack level, 1 blue to the new vg auto rifle and got a pair of boots with new light level.

So idk what you're expiriencing because I've got a lot of new stuff from engrams.
Plenty of new ranked blue weps from engrams too

Faction weapons have been updated

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, December 19, 2014, 04:59 (3388 days ago) @ Raflection

So they should (in theory) all be Weapon 2.0

Not sure about Vanguard and Crucible gear though. Would quite like a shadow price, as one still hasnt materialised for me. Making do with a Vanquisher atm and it's magazine size is TINY

Faction weapons have been updated

by Pfhor, Friday, December 19, 2014, 05:06 (3388 days ago) @ someotherguy

I got lucky as the Nightfall gave me a new Vanguisher with a 42 round clip!

I believe the old Vanguard weapons (ie shadow price) got replaced though.

All the jealousy

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, December 19, 2014, 06:06 (3388 days ago) @ Pfhor

- No text -

I think you're wrong

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, December 19, 2014, 06:45 (3388 days ago) @ Raflection

Right, but were they actually weapons from the old set? What were the names?

False, but with Caveats...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, December 19, 2014, 02:58 (3388 days ago) @ HavokBlue

Sammy randomly got a Final Rest 2, but it had updated stats (curse her luck), while an engram that I decrypted had a Legendary weapon with only 300 damage.

I think it's a bit random, but not inherently true that an engram with a pre-DLC item will have "old" stats...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, December 19, 2014, 09:55 (3388 days ago) @ Korny

Sammy randomly got a Final Rest 2, but it had updated stats (curse her luck), while an engram that I decrypted had a Legendary weapon with only 300 damage.

I think it's a bit random, but not inherently true that an engram with a pre-DLC item will have "old" stats...

From my experience, it seems the faction weapons get the boost, but the Vanguard and Crucible weapons do not.

by HavokBlue, California, Saturday, December 20, 2014, 01:08 (3387 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Got a Hide and Seek from a blue engram today and it was also pre-DLC stats.

Did you guys decrypt from blue or purple engrams?

by HavokBlue, California, Friday, December 19, 2014, 03:26 (3388 days ago) @ HavokBlue

- No text -

Old legendaries do not decrypt to new stat standards. *img*

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, December 19, 2014, 03:57 (3388 days ago) @ HavokBlue

I turned in two purple engrams that I picked up before TDB came out. Both turned into pre-expansion weapons with max 300 attack.

Old legendaries do not decrypt to new stat standards. *img*

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, December 19, 2014, 06:16 (3388 days ago) @ HavokBlue

I've gotten both pre and post DLC weapons and armor from engrams. I think it's entirely up to RNG

Only Old Vanguard and Crucible rep Items have old stats

by Kahzgul, Saturday, December 20, 2014, 17:04 (3386 days ago) @ HavokBlue

Faction rep items and new Vanguard and Crucible rep items have new stats. You can get any of these from Legendary Engrams:

- Old Vanguard Item (max 300 attack power or 27 light)
- Old Crucible Item (max 300 attack power or 27 light)
- New Vanguard Item (max 331 attack power or 33 light)
- New Crucible Item (max 331 attack power or 33 light)
- New Faction (New Monarchy, Dead Orbit, or Future War Cult) item (max 331 attack power or 33 light)
- New Exotic Item (max 331 attack power or 36 light)
- Ascendant Energy.
- Ascendant Shards.

That's it, kids.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread