Xûr's Goodies (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, December 19, 2014, 02:43 (3415 days ago)
edited by Korny, Friday, December 19, 2014, 03:00

Screenshot for at-a-glance convenience!

[image]

CLASS ITEMS (All class items contain 30/36 Light)

Titan:
Ruin Wings (Gauntlets) // 13sc (Dark Below DLC required)
-Strength: 94/101

Hunter:
Knucklehead Radar (Helmet) // 13sc
-Strength: 97/104

Warlock:
Claws of Ahamkara (Gauntlets) // 13sc (Dark Below DLC required)
-Discipline: 56/60
-Strength: 58/63

--------------------

WEAPON (331 Attack)

Patience and Time (Sniper Rifle) [Arc] // 17sc

--------------------

Exotic Shard // 7sc
Exotic Engram (Helmet) // 23 motes

--------------------

UPGRADEABLE ITEMS (All upgradeable items require 1 Exotic Shard and 7000+ Glimmer.)

• Crest of Alpha Lupi (Hunter Chest) <Strength 152/164> (7607 Glimmer)
  • Lucky Raspberry (Hunter Gauntlets) <Intellect 116/124> (7393 Glimmer)

• Crest of Alpha Lupi (Titan Chest) <Intellect 134/144> (7547 Glimmer)
  • No Backup Plans (Titan Gauntlets) <Strength 105/113> (7759 Glimmer)

• Heart of the Praxic Fire (Warlock Chest) <Discipline 129/139> (7297 Glimmer)
  • Sunbreakers (Warlock Gauntlets) <Intellect 92/99> (7549 Glimmer)

• Mida Multi-Tool (7459 Glimmer)
  • Thorn (7673 Glimmer)
  • Universal Remote (7027 Glimmer)
  • Plan C (7187 Glimmer)
  • Super Good Advice (7817 Glimmer)
  • Truth (7039 Glimmer)
  • Monte Carlo (7919 Glimmer) *Playstation Only

--------------------

CURIOS

Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, Rocket Launcher Telemetries // 1sc (Really useful when turning in bounties)
Plasma Drive (Blue) // 23sc
Emerald Drive (Green) // 23sc
Heavy Ammo Synthesis x5 // 1sc (Great Value!)

Xûr's Goodies

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, December 19, 2014, 02:49 (3415 days ago) @ Korny

Bought Patience and Time--need coins to do the wristwear!

Xûr's Goodies

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, December 19, 2014, 04:43 (3414 days ago) @ Morpheus

Bought Patience and Time--need coins to do the wristwear!

Bought four engrams so far, two Helm of Saint-14s, Symbiote (that I bought last week), and a Light Beyond Nemesis, which I never use...

Well poop.

Xûr's Goodies

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Friday, December 19, 2014, 03:48 (3415 days ago) @ Korny

Claws of Ahamkara are great for Warlocks who like to get up close and personal. Instant purchase.

Xûr's Goodies

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, December 19, 2014, 03:50 (3415 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva
edited by Korny, Friday, December 19, 2014, 03:54

Claws of Ahamkara are great for Warlocks who like to get up close and personal. Instant purchase.

Stacking on top the perk that gives you overshield with a melee? CQB is a done deal...
I'd have bought them had I not already earned them from the Cryptarch...

Xûr's Goodies

by HavokBlue, California, Friday, December 19, 2014, 04:00 (3415 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

these things are going to be amazing in Crucible.

I swear Bungie have taken Icebreaker out of the pool.

by c0ld vengeance @, UK, Friday, December 19, 2014, 06:30 (3414 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

???

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, December 19, 2014, 06:54 (3414 days ago) @ c0ld vengeance

I traded mine in to xur last week for an upgrade.

If you want to increase your odds of getting one, run the VoG as much as you can.

It will still give you the old version, from what I've been told, but then you just hold onto it until xur is taking a trade for it again.

And then, in March, you can do it all over againnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Xûr's Goodies

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Friday, December 19, 2014, 06:54 (3414 days ago) @ Korny

I need so much glimmer it's not funny. He's actually got many of my things I want to upgrade...guess it's time to pop those consumables.

I've heard of people glimmer-farming, but never needed to myself; what's the best/popular method these days?

Nitpick: Lucky Raspberry is a Hunter Chest, not arms.

Xûr's Goodies

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, December 19, 2014, 06:56 (3414 days ago) @ Mid7night

I need so much glimmer it's not funny. He's actually got many of my things I want to upgrade...guess it's time to pop those consumables.

I've heard of people glimmer-farming, but never needed to myself; what's the best/popular method these days?

If you've got a bunch of black wax idols, run the night fall or weekly on 30 and just keep playing the door section over again*.

*Because if you are like me, you'll just keep dying over and over anyway!

Xûr's Goodies

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, December 19, 2014, 06:59 (3414 days ago) @ Mid7night

Exclusion zone on a low heroic difficulty. Pop some Cabal Cookies and run around the first wave of enemies. The dropship will deploy a metric buttload of cabal majors. Kill them all, then let the minors kills you. Rinse and repeat.

Also, the majors will occasionally drop more Resupply codes, so you'll likely end up with more than what you started with.

Too late to edit that now...

Xûr's Goodies

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, December 19, 2014, 07:44 (3414 days ago) @ Mid7night

As Korny mentioned, Exclusion Zone is my go-to. I think I usually average about 4,000 per 10 minutes (which is exactly how long a Resupply Code lasts).

Apparently the best glimmer farm in the game (by far from what I hear) is in the Vault of Glass, when you open the door at the Gatekeepers phase. Leave the Gatekeeper alone, kill all the yellow-titled goblins (with blue polyphage active) and then just jump off the ledge and do it all over again. The only problem with this farm is that you need to have a checkpoint saved there already to be able to do it solo.

Ooooooo Knucklehead. Time to get my radar on!

by Dan de Board @, Friday, December 19, 2014, 07:09 (3414 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Heart of the Praxic Fire?!?!

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, December 19, 2014, 09:20 (3414 days ago) @ Korny

Thank you Xur for selling the upgrade for these before you've even had them for purchase.

Looks like I'll be upgrading Mida x3 this week and getting some shiny new warlock gauntlets.

Heart of the Praxic Fire?!?!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, December 19, 2014, 09:48 (3414 days ago) @ unoudid

I got mine long ago in an engram. I laughed when I saw it available for upgrade. I'm sure there are a lot of raging warlocks.

I'm hoping for Starfire Protocol soon. It looKS good and I like the perks.

Would rather have those claws

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Saturday, December 20, 2014, 12:51 (3413 days ago) @ bluerunner

I got mine long ago in an engram. I laughed when I saw it available for upgrade. I'm sure there are a lot of raging warlocks.

I am curious if starfire protocol stacks with gift of the sun, giving you 3 fusion grenades? That said, having flame shield twice as often with the double melee makes the Claws of Amhamkara better, IMO.

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, December 20, 2014, 13:05 (3413 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I am curious if starfire protocol stacks with gift of the sun, giving you 3 fusion grenades? That said, having flame shield twice as often with the double melee makes the Claws of Amhamkara better, IMO.

It does not stack, you still only get 2 fusion grenades. And the specs on the database website don't match the actual armor (no damage bonus stuff). Also, shaders don't affect its appearance. Overall, I'm pretty underwhelmed by Starfire Protocol, probably going to scrap it for the Shard to upgrade my Claws…

by bluerunner @, Music City, Saturday, December 20, 2014, 13:47 (3413 days ago) @ Beorn

It doesn't stack, but it opens up that slot to a different option while still keeping 2 grenades. I can use Angel of Light, or more to my taste Touch of Flame. Two fusions with Viking Funeral and Touch of Flame sounds like fun.

Yes! Return of Heavy ammo synth!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, December 19, 2014, 09:53 (3414 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

by Claude Errera @, Friday, December 19, 2014, 10:12 (3414 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This is weird to me - do you really have more strange coins than glimmer?

I just get my heavy ammo synth from the gunsmith - I usually buy 10 or so every time I hit 25000 and can't redeem more goodies at the Cryptarch. I never have enough coins - I currently have 5, up from 3 last week, so wasting them on something I can buy for less than 1000 glimmer seems... well, extravagant.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, December 19, 2014, 10:15 (3414 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I'm with you Claude, except I don't have all the glimmer you do! I always seem to have something to spend it on. (steekin' iron banner & upgrading exotics has made me poor).

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, December 19, 2014, 10:20 (3414 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I just get my heavy ammo synth from the gunsmith - I usually buy 10 or so every time I hit 25000 and can't redeem more goodies at the Cryptarch. I never have enough coins - I currently have 5, up from 3 last week, so wasting them on something I can buy for less than 1000 glimmer seems... well, extravagant.

Honestly, glimmer wasn't really an issue for me until the expansion.

I stocked up on heavy ammo for my newly leveled Gjallarhorn in preparation for Crota's End. I spent roughly 45 of the 60 heavy ammo synths I had in that first 6-7 hour session. (I now know that that was in large part the fault of the Vault of Glass boots I had that "give extra heavy ammo" but really have a major bug that takes it away from you instead).

Additionally, leveling the new gear to up to 31+, and leveling new weapons takes a lot of glimmer. On top of that, Xur's upgrades all cost between 7,000-8,000 glimmer each!!?!! Since I want to at least have the option of purchasing 2-3 of those upgrades on Fridays, I can't afford to spend my glimmer on copious amounts of heavy ammo, which made last Friday extra sad since I was pretty much out of heavy ammo and Xur didn't give me a chance.

I'm really hoping that now that I bought (and leveled) some Sojourn boots from Dead Orbit last night, my heavy ammo won't be hemhorraging so rapidly anymore.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, December 19, 2014, 10:33 (3414 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I stocked up on heavy ammo for my newly leveled Gjallarhorn in preparation for Crota's End. I spent roughly 45 of the 60 heavy ammo synths I had in that first 6-7 hour session. (I now know that that was in large part the fault of the Vault of Glass boots I had that "give extra heavy ammo" but really have a major bug that takes it away from you instead).

That's only going to be an issue the first time. Last night I ran the raid with a character that had NO heavy ammo synths. We beat it fine. No cheese even :-p

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, December 19, 2014, 10:32 (3414 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Cody Miller, Friday, December 19, 2014, 10:36

Yes.

When you are upgrading exotics, and spending glimmer on other weapon and armor upgrades, you run out quickly. I have more strange coins than I will need, so 5 synth for 1 coin is a great deal. Doing the Heroic Strikes every week nets you 27 coins minimum. More come from engrams (and sometimes nightfall!), so I get around 30-35 per week on average.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, December 19, 2014, 10:42 (3414 days ago) @ Cody Miller

When you are upgrading exotics, and spending glimmer on other weapon and armor upgrades, you run out quickly. I have more strange coins than I will need, so 5 synth for 1 coin is a great deal. Doing the Heroic Strikes every week nets you 27 coins minimum. More come from engrams (and sometimes nightfall!), so I get around 30-35 per week on average.

You get 3-4 times the strange coin per week than I do, but then I only run the Weekly Heroic Strikes about once a week (I don't usually run it with my one alt).

I was unaware that you got 5 synths for 1 strange coin. That might actually be worth it for me on the rare week that I have excess strange coin, maybe. 'course if they would just fix the loss of ammo bug I wouldn't be so hungry for heavy ammo synths.

Simple math...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, December 19, 2014, 10:38 (3414 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Running a 15-minute Weekly nets you nine coins. If you use them all for Heavy ammo Synths, you can buy 42,750 glimmer's worth. Saves a ton of time, especially if Xur's not selling something you're interested in.

At this point, Glimmer is a commodity, since the whole upgrade fiasco is pricey. I do buy a handful of Heavy Synths once I reach about 23,000 glimmer, but otherwise, I'm now constantly on the low thousands when it comes to Glimmer...

Simple math...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, December 20, 2014, 08:45 (3413 days ago) @ Korny

Running a 15-minute Weekly nets you nine coins. If you use them all for Heavy ammo Synths, you can buy 42,750 glimmer's worth. Saves a ton of time, especially if Xur's not selling something you're interested in.

At this point, Glimmer is a commodity, since the whole upgrade fiasco is pricey. I do buy a handful of Heavy Synths once I reach about 23,000 glimmer, but otherwise, I'm now constantly on the low thousands when it comes to Glimmer...

Really the high glimmer cost of upgrades is my only complaint. But I also know I'm one of the crazy one's who upgraded 8 exotics last week and will probably upgrade another 3 or 4 this week (if I can get time to earn the glimmer before I leave for the holiday)

Simple math...

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Saturday, December 20, 2014, 12:38 (3413 days ago) @ Xenos

Really the high glimmer cost of upgrades is my only complaint. But I also know I'm one of the crazy one's who upgraded 8 exotics last week and will probably upgrade another 3 or 4 this week (if I can get time to earn the glimmer before I leave for the holiday)

That's my position this week. I already upgraded 3 things yesterday, and I'd like to do 2 more, but I don't know if I'll be able to get another 15k by tonight. We'll see I guess. ;)

I really need to think ahead and save my glimmer more when Xûrday approaches; I've been using it on other upgrades that really could've waited. ;)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, December 19, 2014, 10:12 (3414 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I will be spending at least 20 coins on heavy ammo packs; most of which will have Crota's name on them.

Help! (please)

by Raflection, Friday, December 19, 2014, 17:03 (3414 days ago) @ Korny
edited by Raflection, Friday, December 19, 2014, 17:07

Put simply, I am the Mr universe of indecisiveness.

Knucklehead radar. Patience and time.
Which of these is worth buying?

So, I have 3 exotic primary weapons that I use predominately (new thorn, old mida, old hard light), I do not own any other exotic weapons. I also have a maxed out new symbiote helmet, old nearly maxed young spine. I only really use gunslinger, I am level 30 and I spend most of my time in the crucible and do strikes occasionally.

I do use a sniper rifle a lot, I have final boss (solar) nearly maxed. I love it's R.O.F, range, impact as they all marry nicely with my play style.
For heavy I use rocket launchers. I have 2, one has seeking targets (solar), one has return missed shots (arc).

Should I buy either this helmet or sniper or should I just save my coins, feel free to ask more background info but, I really need help with this.

Side note, can anyone recommend what I should be looking out for based on my play style?
Thanks in advance.

- Raf

Patience & Time is not very good.

by HavokBlue, California, Friday, December 19, 2014, 17:13 (3414 days ago) @ Raflection

If you really need an arc sniper for arc burn weeklies, it's alright, but other than that, unless you're a collector... probably don't bother.

There are many better Legendary snipers for PvE, and in Crucible the invisibility is largely useless. It only really has utility on large maps like Skyshock, First Light, and Bastion, but since none of them are in a regularly available playlist...

Disagree

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Friday, December 19, 2014, 19:42 (3414 days ago) @ HavokBlue

P&T is my Go-To sniper, unless I have a really good reason to replace the Exotic slot with something else.

When fully upgraded it's ROCK solid, has 6 rounds in the mag, and hits like a train. Plus I love the sound of it. ;)

I find the radar-when scoped feature to be useful in both PvE and PvP; I don't like getting snuck up on.

The invis-ability is very situational, it's not an all-round feature, but Sniper Rifles aren't "all-round" guns anyway (to me). I've used the invis to sneak up and revive teammates in PvE, and it's actually really handy when sniping from the high-turret on Bastion (just one example).

And it WRECKS in Arc Burn strikes.

If I only had enough coins for one I'd buy P&T again, hands down.

Disagree

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, December 19, 2014, 20:04 (3414 days ago) @ Mid7night

I have it for one of my alts. It does a good amount of damage and has good stability. With the field scout I can land 6 shots quickly on a boss. It was very useful in last week's strike. The ability to go invisible in cover and then ease out and get off 6 rapid shots was really useful.

Disagree

by Raflection, Saturday, December 20, 2014, 01:57 (3414 days ago) @ bluerunner

But my final boss has better rate of fire and range than P&T, and I have the return missed shots directly into the chamber perk

Disagree

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Saturday, December 20, 2014, 07:49 (3413 days ago) @ Raflection

But my final boss has better rate of fire and range than P&T, and I have the return missed shots directly into the chamber perk

Great! I don't have Final Boss, nor do I play enought Crucible to ever have a great chance of buying or having it drop. P&T dropped on me in my first VoG, so I leveled it the soonest, so it's always been my primary sniper.

Disagree

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, December 20, 2014, 02:13 (3414 days ago) @ Mid7night

Agreed. P&T is not some ultimate, idealized Sniper Rifle like the Suros Regime is the ultimate Auto Rifle, but it is interesting and unique and certainly not bad. I've found it to be stable, good at very long range thanks to it's very high zoon, less good at closer ranges also because of the high zoom. It's two defining features the always on radar and cloak I've found to be very useful. The radar lets you snipe in the Crucible with far less chance of getting flanked. The cloak is actually decent in the Crucible as well. I've found it confuses enemy snipers and has allowed me to get kills I probably would not have if I'd been using some other sniper rifle.

Knucklehead radar

by Raflection, Saturday, December 20, 2014, 10:27 (3413 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Wht about this? The fact no one had mentioned it leads me to believe I should not be wasting my coins on it (I actually got it from exotic helmgram and sharded it to max my symbiote helm)

Knucklehead radar

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, December 20, 2014, 10:44 (3413 days ago) @ Raflection

I'd guess most people don't value it. All it does is gives you radar while aiming a primary weapon. Me? I love it. It was my first exotic purchase and I've based my playstyle around it. I can wait someone out when they hide around a corner keeping my gun's full zoomed in accuracy while having a high confidence that no one is flanking me. I enjoy that.

Knucklehead radar

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Saturday, December 20, 2014, 11:31 (3413 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I just bought it too. I've wanted it ever since I couldn't afford it the first time it was sold. I didn't mention it because the question seemed to be "which one, I can only afford one", so my advice was P&T over Knucklehead. If you've got enough for both, get both; I did. ;)

All it does?

by Kahzgul, Saturday, December 20, 2014, 17:00 (3413 days ago) @ Mid7night

First, radar while aiming is BOSS.

Second, Knucklehead Radar also gives you more super ability when you kill the minions of the darkness. That's also BOSS. Pretty sure it does a third thing, too. Yay for third thing!

I also disagree...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, December 20, 2014, 12:20 (3413 days ago) @ HavokBlue

If you really need an arc sniper for arc burn weeklies, it's alright, but other than that, unless you're a collector... probably don't bother.

There are many better Legendary snipers for PvE, and in Crucible the invisibility is largely useless. It only really has utility on large maps like Skyshock, First Light, and Bastion, but since none of them are in a regularly available playlist...

I bought it because Cody told us not to, and I never regretted it, despite already having two amazing snipers (Epitaph and Boss). It's a gem of a weapon; beautiful sound, six-rounds, and high impact... Completely unleveled, it wrecked that nightfall, and I leveled it up more since. I've never taken it into Crucible, but I've gone up against a large number of them. Even with the glare, they're tough to fight, because you have to calculate the head's position. I often end up hitting the chest, giving them time to return fire or duck behind cover.

In PvE, the high impact and mag is invaluable, the whole invisibility is a neat perk, but not the selling point.
In PvP, it's got six rounds and decent stability, with the invis being a neat gimmick that can actually save your life against other snipers (also, people flanking you might not spot you right away).

Solid gun, get it.

I also disagree...

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Sunday, December 21, 2014, 11:31 (3412 days ago) @ Korny

I bought it because Cody told us not to

Best reason to buy a gun ever. :P

That's why I bought it!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, December 21, 2014, 12:02 (3412 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

- No text -

Xûr's Glimmer prices were all prime numbers

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Sunday, December 21, 2014, 23:03 (3412 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Strange Coins and Motes too. Cool

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, December 22, 2014, 06:59 (3411 days ago) @ Pyromancy

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread