Red Death - Worth Upgrading? (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, December 19, 2014, 07:04 (3415 days ago)

I just got Red Death from a legendary engram last night. Just wondering what you all think if the gun. One if it's unlocks restored some health with every kill which sounds very useful to me, but I never hear anyone talk about Red Death as being a particularly good gun. Just wondering if it's worth the time to upgrade it.

Red Death - Worth Upgrading?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, December 19, 2014, 07:21 (3415 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I just got Red Death from a legendary engram last night. Just wondering what you all think if the gun. One if it's unlocks restored some health with every kill which sounds very useful to me, but I never hear anyone talk about Red Death as being a particularly good gun. Just wondering if it's worth the time to upgrade it.

It's great in PvP if you spend a lot of time getting shot. I haven't touched it post-patch but my biggest gripe against it was that the fire rate was annoyingly slow. The patch fixed that issue, but nerfed it a bit in PvP, where it was a two-shot kill (all headshots). Supposedly it killed the weapon's PvP prospects, but for PvE, this can save your life even more than the Suros could.

Red Death - Worth Upgrading? *Minor Spoiler*

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, December 19, 2014, 07:50 (3415 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Zero found that it will cause your health to regenerate during Crota when you get a kill.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, December 19, 2014, 08:07 (3415 days ago) @ Xenos

Zero found that it will cause your health to regenerate during Crota when you get a kill.

I was wondering about that specifically. Since it's the new upgraded version, I was thinking it might be a decent primary weapon to take in to Crota's End.Thanks for the tip!

by Durandal, Friday, December 19, 2014, 10:35 (3415 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I used the old (300 ATK) version in Crota and had no issues. It seemed just as effective as my 330 ATK Coiled Hiss and has the health regen to boot.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread