Destiny's add campaign leaves a lot to be desired. *IMG* (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, December 19, 2014, 07:45 (3414 days ago)

So, I don't have the new DLC yet.

(Actually, I have a code for it thanks to a lovely benefactor but I've not yet redeemed it- waiting for vacation)

Sony and Bungie have been all up in my mailbox letting me know every other day that there is new stuff in Destiny.

Got another one from Bungie last night, and I just could not get through it with a straight face. The advertisement they sent me needs a lot of work, in my opinion.

The very first thing they have to announce to me is new loot.

That is the subject. The high point.

Not the raid, but the loot.

:(

[image]

Essentially, they sent me a message about all the things I dislike about Destiny, to get me to buy it. I just....why? Aside from playing the raid with friends (which is fucking awesome, btw Bungie, moar plz) and the quests\strikes, this game is so hollow to play. PLAY, is more important that LOOKS. If it's not fun to PLAY, why bother?

IDK.

Maybe I'm just not getting it.
Maybe I'm not the target audience.
Maybe I'm jaded at this point.

I promise I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade who is enjoying the DLC -I'm not that guy- but I've watched my friends play through it (minus the raid) and guys, I'm just not impressed.

At this point, I understand the game Destiny is right now, and will likely be in the future. This DLC is not enough.

I sincerely have high hopes for the next game.

The raids an co-op in this game are something special. Need more of that.

That live action commercial was offensive :V

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Friday, December 19, 2014, 07:56 (3414 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, December 19, 2014, 07:58 (3414 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

I actually love the live action stuff every time I see it, because I want to cosplay and make ALL THE THINGS.

Hnnnnnnnnnnng

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, December 19, 2014, 08:09 (3414 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I too love the live action stuff.

I think the casual nature of them reminds us that this is a game and is not to be taken too seriously, but rather we're supposed to be having a really fun time with our buddies.

I wish MY ghost played Zepplin while I fought.

by Kahzgul, Friday, December 19, 2014, 10:26 (3413 days ago) @ Speedracer513

And, seriously, Paul McCartney's song isn't even a part of the game at all. It's what, just over the credits?

You Get Emails From Them?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, December 19, 2014, 10:43 (3413 days ago) @ Revenant1988

And no, the Live Action isn't offensive. It's fun. That's the point. Being with your buddies makes anything fun.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, December 19, 2014, 11:34 (3413 days ago) @ Morpheus

And no, the Live Action isn't offensive. It's fun. That's the point. Being with your buddies makes anything fun.

Uh yeah, I signed up to be a tester just like many others. They just keep sending me stuff about the DLC (Sony is much worse though, I get at least 2 emails a day from them, xbox maybe once a month).

Live action offensive? Did I say it was? That stuff is pretty good. I can't tell if I see less video game commercials these days or if I just watch TV way less.

The email ad campaign is terrible though.

Then again, a lot of things described in the ads or packaging leave a lot to be desired.

by Earendil, Friday, December 19, 2014, 11:45 (3413 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Interesting. I also signed up to be a tester, and even took part. I don't receive emails from them except when there is a playtest opportunity.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, December 19, 2014, 11:49 (3413 days ago) @ Earendil

I think there is a check box somewhere for promotions and news kind of stuff.

Bungie is probably the only company that I've willing turned that on for haha

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, December 19, 2014, 12:30 (3413 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I used one of my email addresses for Lil' Blue's account. I get the promotional stuff twice, but the same email can come in up to a week apart for each. I don't know why there is such a big time difference.

by Monochron, Friday, December 19, 2014, 13:33 (3413 days ago) @ Earendil

How did you actually take part? I was under the impression Bungie just decided to dump that whole program and give Playstation players access to the Alpha?

by Earendil, Friday, December 19, 2014, 13:43 (3413 days ago) @ Monochron

How did you actually take part? I was under the impression Bungie just decided to dump that whole program and give Playstation players access to the Alpha?

I'm not sure what program "that" is. I was referring to this:
http://www.bungie.net/en-us/View/bungie/userresearch/index
Which I believe is all I'm allowed to say about :)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, December 20, 2014, 04:39 (3413 days ago) @ Monochron

You're kidding, right?

Destiny's add campaign leaves a lot to be desired. *IMG*

by Fuertisimo, Friday, December 19, 2014, 19:25 (3413 days ago) @ Revenant1988

This was probably dreamt up by an Activision marketing team, not Bungie themselves.

and I actually think they are hitting the notes that matter, the loot grind is exactly what keeps (most) people coming back for more.

DrCrispy93 designed to appeal to what demographic?...

by HavokBlue, California, Friday, December 19, 2014, 20:09 (3413 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

DrCrispy93 designed to appeal to what demographic?...

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, December 19, 2014, 20:25 (3413 days ago) @ HavokBlue

People that like to have fun in their game playing and don't take it too seriously.

Nobody says 'pwned' anymore

by HavokBlue, California, Saturday, December 20, 2014, 00:43 (3413 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

Nobody says 'pwned' anymore

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, December 20, 2014, 04:36 (3413 days ago) @ HavokBlue

I'm too old to know enough to dispute this, but I enjoyed the DrCrispy93 ad.

Destiny's add campaign leaves a lot to be desired. *IMG*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, December 20, 2014, 02:30 (3413 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Well, I think they expect most of the casual population to never even touch the Raid, imho

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread