Feature Request: User System Badges (DBO)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, December 29, 2014, 14:12 (3412 days ago)

It would be nice if we could set our profiles to display which systems we are on (and maybe our gamertags) so we don't have to ask people which system. :P

Feature Request: User System Badges

by marmot 1333 @, Monday, December 29, 2014, 14:52 (3412 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Also incorporating gamertags/psn names into your DBO profile would be nice.

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, December 29, 2014, 16:18 (3412 days ago) @ marmot 1333

I think this has been on the wish-list ever since the forums launched. Definitely on the radar. :-)

Part of the difficulty in implementing such features is that every time we modify the forum, it makes it that much harder to keep up-to-date with the main My Little Forum code base when they post security and feature updates. We may just end up forking the code outright and doing our own thing, but that's not something that we're actively working on.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, December 29, 2014, 21:45 (3412 days ago) @ Beorn

I think this has been on the wish-list ever since the forums launched. Definitely on the radar. :-)

Part of the difficulty in implementing such features is that every time we modify the forum, it makes it that much harder to keep up-to-date with the main My Little Forum code base when they post security and feature updates. We may just end up forking the code outright and doing our own thing, but that's not something that we're actively working on.

Why not add a little checklist that we can mark as we write the post? Under the "Category" box you can have a "Console" section...

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 07:08 (3411 days ago) @ Beorn

What about having a separate page for DBO-specific profile options so it doesn't interfere with the main forum code?

Not quite that simple ;-)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 07:38 (3411 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

- No text -

It never is... :P

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 07:42 (3411 days ago) @ Beorn

but I figured I'd throw it out there just in case you hadn't thought of it.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 09:16 (3411 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

You know about this right?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 10:07 (3411 days ago) @ Kermit

Sure, but the last person I asked wasn't on the list. :P

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 13:32 (3411 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

It would be nice if we could set our profiles to display which systems we are on (and maybe our gamertags) so we don't have to ask people which system. :P

I like the idea. I wish I knew what I was doing on the engineering side so I could help with something like that.

I have about twenty different projects/contests/additions to the site floating in my head at the moment. I have enough time to think up more for that list, but not enough time to actually implement any of them.... At the moment. :)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 15:38 (3411 days ago) @ Leviathan

If you guys decide to make a fork, maybe some of the software engineers around here could help with some of the features?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread