VOG Hard Mode Tonight PS4 (Recruitment)

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 07:08 (3402 days ago)

Looking for knowledgeable group to do VOG HARDMODE FRESH Tonight. Around 8 PM EST. Add TheeChaos on PSN or message on here or text 336-830-5308.
Thanks,

Welcome to DBO!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 08:19 (3402 days ago) @ TheeChaos

You obviously don't know about our DBO Fireteam Builder yet.

Create your event, or, if you're willing to play on normal, join the event that's already scheduled for about that time.

Also, if you're so inclined, tell us about yourself. :)

Kermit

Welcome to DBO!

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 08:27 (3402 days ago) @ Kermit

Thanks! didnt see it up there in the corner so i was not aware.

I sent him.

by petetheduck, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 08:39 (3402 days ago) @ Kermit

If the Flawless Raiders are available, I'd consider it a favor to have them see this Guardian through VOG Hard.

Despite him being a Titan. But hey, we can't all be frabjous.

Flawless Raiders... Assemble!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 08:46 (3402 days ago) @ petetheduck

If the Flawless Raiders are available, I'd consider it a favor to have them see this Guardian through VOG Hard.

I'd love to help out! We have a Crota raid scheduled for tonight, but I'm available any other night this week.

I won't be much good in terms of helping explain things, since I don't play with my mic, but I'm happy to go along for the ride and provide cover fire. Only other thing is I can only get online late at night... 12:30am EST is usually the earliest. Would that be a probelm?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 08:49 (3402 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Um, I still need two more for my normal run at about the same time. Was hoping some of you super guardians would help out. I don't have a lot of time and right now, it may be me and three VoG virgins (not that there's anything wrong with that).

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 09:08 (3402 days ago) @ Kermit

Um, I still need two more for my normal run at about the same time. Was hoping some of you super guardians would help out. I don't have a lot of time and right now, it may be me and three VoG virgins (not that there's anything wrong with that).

That would mean that half the group would be virgins. Not that there's anything wrong with that.... If the rest of the group is okay with taking five hours to watch half the team flounder helplessly...

I was talking to Guardian about how just a couple of people not knowing what's going on can turn a 30-minute Raid into three hours.
Of course, I have the patience to watch the disaster, but you can't just say "Oh, by the way, you two "super guardians" can carry us all, right? No sweat."

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 09:12 (3402 days ago) @ Korny

On a related note, this was the Raid I did last night with a group of randoms.

[image]

[image]

I wouldn't have minded except, since I was the only one without a mic, everyone kept blaming me for being the one getting spotted during the Gorgons. I watched one clown walk right in front of a Gorgon 4 times, and each time he'd turn around and say "fucking Cruel man what are you doing!".

Serenity now. Serenity now.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 09:46 (3401 days ago) @ Korny

That would mean that half the group would be virgins. Not that there's anything wrong with that.... If the rest of the group is okay with taking five hours to watch half the team flounder helplessly...

I was talking to Guardian about how just a couple of people not knowing what's going on can turn a 30-minute Raid into three hours.
Of course, I have the patience to watch the disaster, but you can't just say "Oh, by the way, you two "super guardians" can carry us all, right? No sweat."

I'm not trying to be a jerk here. I did some digging and now see Ouranje is the only virgin. I had hoped this would be a fairly quick run, which is why I scheduled it on a weeknight, and I certainly hoped to get some experienced folks, but I welcome Ouranje! I'm not a great player, but I know the ropes well. So ... it's not exactly like I'm asking two people to carry us all, and I'm sorry it came across that way. Would love for you to join us, if you want.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 09:54 (3401 days ago) @ Kermit

Are you able to play later on weekends? Like, after midnight EST? If so, I'd be happy to run a VoG Normal raid with you on Saturday or Sunday night.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 10:00 (3401 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I'll keep that in mind for the future. Look forward to playing with you sometime. It may require some strategic napping on my part. ;)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 11:01 (3401 days ago) @ Kermit

I'll keep that in mind for the future. Look forward to playing with you sometime. It may require some strategic napping on my part. ;)

Ha, my schedule certainly doesn't make things easy :)

When I get home from work, I take care of my daughter until I put her to bed around 9-10. Then my wife and I spend some time together until she goes to bed, which usually happens around 12:30am. Hence my late night log in.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 11:04 (3401 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Ha, my schedule certainly doesn't make things easy :)

When I get home from work, I take care of my daughter until I put her to bed around 9-10. Then my wife and I spend some time together until she goes to bed, which usually happens around 12:30am. Hence my late night log in.

Yeah, I knew the why. Priorities. Thought we might get to play together Sunday. The day will come.

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 08:52 (3402 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I posted a Fireteam Builder Post. Late Night isnt an issue friday and saturday nights. During the week I cannot due to an early work day. If my Fireteam Builder is unsuccessful would you guys be interested in doing this during the weekend?

Also if possible I could do Crotas end if you are doing normal. If you guys need the help I would probably be more interested in that.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 08:58 (3402 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I posted a Fireteam Builder Post. Late Night isnt an issue friday and saturday nights. During the week I cannot due to an early work day. If my Fireteam Builder is unsuccessful would you guys be interested in doing this during the weekend?

Also if possible I could do Crotas end if you are doing normal. If you guys need the help I would probably be more interested in that.

Sounds good. As I said, most of my group will be doing Crota tonight... I'm not sure if we have a full team or not. I can't speak for everyone else, but I would certainly be free to help you run VoG Hard later on Friday or Saturday night. I was planning on scheduling and event for Friday night anyway. Do you want to edit your event and shift it to Friday night? That way it won't be overlapping with Kermit's VoG normal run tonight. Might be easier to get a full group together :)

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 09:00 (3402 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I can do that. It would have to be about 1130 EST though instead of 8. I will probably let it sit as is for now and if I cannot find anyone I will change it. Sound good?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 09:01 (3402 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I can do that. It would have to be about 1130 EST though instead of 8. I will probably let it sit as is for now and if I cannot find anyone I will change it. Sound good?

I can't get online before 12:30am EST. Would that be too late?

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 09:02 (3402 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

No that would be fine. I Can pretty much do anytime after 1130 So i will set it for 1230.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 09:04 (3402 days ago) @ TheeChaos

No that would be fine. I Can pretty much do anytime after 1130 So i will set it for 1230.

Awesome. How about this: I'll create an event for 12:30am Friday night/saturday morning, just so we have some time to put a group together.

In the meantime, keep your current event going. You might be able to put a group together tonight. But if it doesn't come together tonight, we'll have the Friday night event already in the schedule.

Sound good?

Here's a link to the event

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 09:22 (3401 days ago) @ TheeChaos

If you want to go ahead and RSVP just to save a slot :)

http://destiny.bungie.org/forum/index.php?mode=fireteambuilder&event=62

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 09:10 (3402 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I won't be much good in terms of helping explain things, since I don't play with my mic,

I Think if dogcow's Crota raid taught us anything it is that dancing can be a surprisingly effective pedagogical tool.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 09:15 (3402 days ago) @ Vortech

I won't be much good in terms of helping explain things, since I don't play with my mic,

I Think if dogcow's Crota raid taught us anything it is that dancing can be a surprisingly effective pedagogical tool.

* dance = do more of that
* point = try not to suck so much

;p

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, January 09, 2015, 01:10 (3401 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Makes me feel good that there wasn't much pointing going on. :D

by TheeChaos @, Friday, January 09, 2015, 18:52 (3400 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Extreme luck today. Came home. got a fire team invite. They were running Crotas end. Got through it. I got raid arms and chest. then i also got the light of the abyss. i then went and did my public events. got enough strange coins. got the helmet. upgraded the boots armor ( had to switch from exotic boots to already levels legendary) and now I'm lvl 30!!!

What a long trip its been.

Thanks!

by petetheduck, Saturday, January 10, 2015, 07:11 (3400 days ago) @ petetheduck

CruelLEGACEY told me it was a triumph. Thanks, DBO. Destiny is always better with awesome people.

Welcome to DBO!

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 09:05 (3402 days ago) @ Kermit

This brought back memories of clippy. "Looks like you are trying to form a raid"

VOG Hard Mode Tonight PS4

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 09:53 (3401 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Il just catching up to this thread, and couldnt decide whether to reply to the op, Pete, Kermit or Cruel, do I'll just put it here...

I am more than happy to help out with one or more raids tonight or throughout the rest of the weekend. The only thing keeping me from RSVPing to some of them is that they're scheduled about an hour earlier than I can reliably expect to get online. So Kermit and/or Chaos -- if you are still trying to get one going around 9:30pm EST tonight when I get in, I'd love to join in.

(PSN ID: Guardian513)

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 10:07 (3401 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Sounds good. I will probably not be on at exactly 930 either. We will see what happens.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 11:13 (3401 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Sounds good. I will probably not be on at exactly 930 either. We will see what happens.

So you won't be on at 8:15?

If I knew we could get done in an hour or so, I'd move mine to 9:30, and you both could play with us! I don't know the constraints of the other folks, though, and you probably have no interest in playing on normal. It is a chance to meet people, and we won't be low-level forever. Like you say, we'll see what happens.

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 11:58 (3401 days ago) @ Kermit

I can do any time I just picked this one since it was the most convenient. so I will be on at 8:15 with or without a group. Do you want to join? or do you have people who could help.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 12:06 (3401 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I would if I could, friend. My character is a 28. He's not ready for hard yet. You can still join us on normal, as I said.

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 11:59 (3401 days ago) @ Kermit

A better way of saying it will be I will be on at around 8:00. and will attempt to get it done at 8:15. sorry for the confusion.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 13:17 (3401 days ago) @ Kermit

So you won't be on at 8:15?

If I knew we could get done in an hour or so, I'd move mine to 9:30, and you both could play with us! I don't know the constraints of the other folks, though, and you probably have no interest in playing on normal. It is a chance to meet people, and we won't be low-level forever. Like you say, we'll see what happens.

Yeah, depends largely on the group. If at least 3 of the 6 of us are normal DBO raiders (not necessarily just the Flawless Raiders - I can name at least another half-dozen guys/gals I raid with on a regular basis that are very solid too), I can pretty much guarantee we can finish in around 45 min or so.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 13:37 (3401 days ago) @ Speedracer513

We're up to five. If we're still looking at 9:30, I'll let you know.

by TheeChaos @, Friday, January 09, 2015, 04:33 (3401 days ago) @ TheeChaos

No luck last night. Everyone wanted lvl 30s or higher. I explained that people had to do it at that lvl before. Didnt matter. are we still on for tonight?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, January 09, 2015, 05:38 (3401 days ago) @ TheeChaos

No luck last night. Everyone wanted lvl 30s or higher. I explained that people had to do it at that lvl before. Didnt matter. are we still on for tonight?

I bet a legendary helmet would put you at 30 immediately.

YeVOG Hard Mode Tonight PS4

by TheeChaos @, Friday, January 09, 2015, 06:56 (3401 days ago) @ Kermit

It would but i would have to get 130 Crucible Marks, or do another rank of Vanguard to get a commendation to be able to get a helmet. If i get 1 more strange coin I can buy Xurs Helmet this weekend, then use my Vanguard commendations to get a pair of legendary boots. That would do me well. I kind of want to wait til after the Raid tonight to see if I get any drops though. Any thoughts?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread