TheeChaos's first VoG Hard Mode... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, January 10, 2015, 07:16 (3400 days ago)

...went extremely well.

We wiped once during the Oracles, and once during the Gorgons. I got to lead the group through the Gorgons' maze (a first for me) and handled one of the relics during the Gatekeeper battle without totally dropping the ball (another first).

We ripped through the gatekeepers in about 3 minutes, and torched Atheon in roughly the same time.

Video of the Gatekeeper battle:

http://youtu.be/fT41m74bcLM

Video of Atheon getting completely spanked:

http://youtu.be/7txmoO3rqwM

PGCR:

[image]

Hope TheeChaos had a good time! Looking forward to doing it again :)

TheeChaos's first VoG Hard Mode...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, January 10, 2015, 09:03 (3400 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

On a selfish note, I unlocked my 2nd Fatebringer, my 3rd Mythoclast, my 3rd Praedyth's Revenge, and my 2nd Hezen Vengeance. Not a bad haul :)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Saturday, January 10, 2015, 09:06 (3400 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

On a selfish note, I unlocked my 2nd Fatebringer, my 3rd Mythoclast, my 3rd Praedyth's Revenge, and my 2nd Hezen Vengeance. Not a bad haul :)

And a bunch of us got Praetorian Foils :D

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, January 10, 2015, 09:36 (3400 days ago) @ CyberKN

And a bunch of us got Praetorian Foils :D

Nice! Still no Vision of Confluence for me. I'm almost wondering if I'd be better off running VoG on Normal, just to keep the hard-mode gear out of the mix (I know, "boo hoo I keep getting Mythoclasts!" lol)

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Saturday, January 10, 2015, 11:31 (3399 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Running Hard gives you the drops you'd have gotten on Normal that week anyways, no?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, January 10, 2015, 11:48 (3399 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

Running Hard gives you the drops you'd have gotten on Normal that week anyways, no?

Not exactly. You get double drops, but the Hard-only gear is in the mix for all drops. So if you're chasing the hard-mode loot, you're better off doing a single hard run than a normal run, followed by a hard run.

I just happen to be in the opposite camp. The gear I want is available in normal mode, so it actually makes sense for me to avoid the hard mode drops.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Saturday, January 10, 2015, 11:58 (3399 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

... You get double drops, but the Hard-only gear is in the mix for all drops. ....

This is how I got TWO Fatebringers at the same time in this raid last night (while I had my first one equipped already). Now I'll have a Fatebribger on each of my characters! :-)

Oh okay

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Saturday, January 10, 2015, 12:07 (3399 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

by TheeChaos @, Saturday, January 10, 2015, 16:14 (3399 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I got some Raid gear. Didn't need it though BC of Crota. Still a good time thought and a good run for materials. Now I just need Radiant Materials for my gear. Can you get those re running Crota? or just once a week

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread