Husk of the Pit should be the standard for getting Exotics (Destiny)

by petetheduck, Monday, January 12, 2015, 07:02 (3402 days ago)

I think it would be a positive change to Destiny would be for Exotics to be acquired similarly to Husk of the Pit.

- Have a guaranteed base item drop somewhere in the world. Maybe hidden in Patrol, or as a drop from a Patrol mini-boss, or maybe integrated into a public event. Maybe it's hidden in a Strike or story mission. Fill Destiny's sometimes barren, empty world with these items.

- Once the base item has been acquired, the long grind begins. Using Husk of the Pit mechanics combined with Exotic bounty concepts, you've got to use a weak weapon, upgrade it through various tasks. It should take a significant amount of time, but the end result is an Exotic you've earned, rather than RNG'd. It'd be like a new mission--a whole new arc of content for players to enjoy. Each Exotic weapon could be like it's own little story sequence.

Husk of the Pit should be the standard for getting Exotics

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, January 12, 2015, 07:31 (3402 days ago) @ petetheduck

I think it would be a positive change to Destiny would be for Exotics to be acquired similarly to Husk of the Pit.

- Have a guaranteed base item drop somewhere in the world. Maybe hidden in Patrol, or as a drop from a Patrol mini-boss, or maybe integrated into a public event. Maybe it's hidden in a Strike or story mission. Fill Destiny's sometimes barren, empty world with these items.

- Once the base item has been acquired, the long grind begins. Using Husk of the Pit mechanics combined with Exotic bounty concepts, you've got to use a weak weapon, upgrade it through various tasks. It should take a significant amount of time, but the end result is an Exotic you've earned, rather than RNG'd. It'd be like a new mission--a whole new arc of content for players to enjoy. Each Exotic weapon could be like it's own little story sequence.

Thorn bounty is pretty much this already, and was one I actually liked chasing. I liked the little story and the Grimore cards that come with it. Shame it was all text based and I had to leave the game to enjoy it.

I think what you propose is wishful thinking, though. Many people don't have the time to invest into Destiny's progression\grind system, so RNG acts as a way for them to *possibly*, from time to time, hop on and get something cool to keep the game interesting for them.

That said, I've killed 1 bajillion Blades of Crota and I've not gotten a single husk of the pit.

I am angerous.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, January 12, 2015, 08:00 (3402 days ago) @ Revenant1988

That said, I've killed 1 bajillion Blades of Crota and I've not gotten a single husk of the pit.

I am angerous.

I've killed a handful and I've got 2. I got really tired of running in circles in Rocketyard this weekend, but I finally killed enough hive to upgrade it. When I did, I realized my Up for Anything has better stats than it. Guess I'll just get it ready for the next upgrade and vault it. Not even going to try on the other one.

i have 5

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, January 12, 2015, 08:12 (3402 days ago) @ Revenant1988

and I got them all in the past week.

After killing a ton of blades (for bounties, and just for the hell of it) i finally got one on the moon at Archer's line. I then went immediately to the hellmouth to pick up more patrol mission, and another blade spawned, and i got another husk. So two husks in less than 5 mins. I have since gotten 3 more sprinkled out over the next 5 days (got my 5th one last night).

you can level it up in about 15 mins on "The dark beyond," (we've woken the hive!!). just keep wiping at that checkpoint.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, January 12, 2015, 07:38 (3402 days ago) @ petetheduck

Totally. I don't know if they all necessarily need to be exactly like Husk, but some sort of task to complete at least, rather than just an RNG drop. The existing exotic bounties are actually good IMO, the issue with those is that they're only a small subset of the exotics.

Also, and this is just a personal thing, but if they do go that route in the future I hope they don't require Crucible activity for many (or any) of them. I'll probably never have a Thorn because it's just not worth it to me to spend time playing a mode I hate. Maybe have a couple alternative routes somehow?

Agreed, but on 1 condition...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, January 12, 2015, 07:46 (3402 days ago) @ petetheduck

I think the Husk of the pit Upgrade path is very cool, and I'd like to see more exotics earned in a similar way...

BUT...

Most of the exotics in Destiny aren't worth that much work. Gjallarhorn or Icebreaker? Sure. But can you imagine going through all those steps, grinding all that XP and materials, only to end up with Universal Remote or No Land Beyond? I've been working on an article about this (should be out soon) but I think Destiny's current batch of exotic weapons is pretty flawed. Most aren't worth using as it is. Now if we got more Husk of the Pit style sequences that lead to truly worthwhile weapons, that would be fantastic.

It wouldn't be random

by petetheduck, Monday, January 12, 2015, 08:09 (3402 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I think the Husk of the pit Upgrade path is very cool, and I'd like to see more exotics earned in a similar way...

BUT...

Most of the exotics in Destiny aren't worth that much work. Gjallarhorn or Icebreaker? Sure. But can you imagine going through all those steps, grinding all that XP and materials, only to end up with Universal Remote or No Land Beyond? I've been working on an article about this (should be out soon) but I think Destiny's current batch of exotic weapons is pretty flawed. Most aren't worth using as it is. Now if we got more Husk of the Pit style sequences that lead to truly worthwhile weapons, that would be fantastic.

It wouldn't be random.. you would go out and intentionally begin the specific quest for the specific Exotic you wanted.

It wouldn't be random

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, January 12, 2015, 08:17 (3402 days ago) @ petetheduck

It wouldn't be random.. you would go out and intentionally begin the specific quest for the specific Exotic you wanted.

That's a good idea too, but I think my concern still holds. Most of the current exotics just aren't good enough to justify that much time and effort, especially when the raids and even story missions dish out legendaries that are more powerful. If the exotics got buffed again (which I'd argue should happen regardless), then I could see this idea being very fun and rewarding.

It wouldn't be random

by yakaman, Monday, January 12, 2015, 10:13 (3402 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

That's a good idea too, but I think my concern still holds. Most of the current exotics just aren't good enough to justify that much time and effort, especially when the raids and even story missions dish out legendaries that are more powerful. If the exotics got buffed again (which I'd argue should happen regardless), then I could see this idea being very fun and rewarding.

Except everyone would only choose the same one or two exotics. I'm very underwhelmed by exotics - in fact, they're not on my radar whatsoever...unless it's the aforementioned Gjallerhorn.

That's it. I use Plan C, but only because it's a good fusion rifle, not because I love its characteristics. I have MIDA Multi-Tool, but I can't figure out what supposedly makes it better (Exotic) than many legendary scout rifles.

Exotic armor shows it's worth pretty well, but weapons? Not so much.

It wouldn't be random

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, January 12, 2015, 10:31 (3402 days ago) @ yakaman

Except everyone would only choose the same one or two exotics. I'm very underwhelmed by exotics - in fact, they're not on my radar whatsoever...unless it's the aforementioned Gjallerhorn.

That's it. I use Plan C, but only because it's a good fusion rifle, not because I love its characteristics. I have MIDA Multi-Tool, but I can't figure out what supposedly makes it better (Exotic) than many legendary scout rifles.

I'm curious -- do you have those exotics fully upgraded?

I actually don't have a very high opinion of many of the exotics either, but I have found that my opinion of some of the exotics changed drastically as I got them fully leveled.

As a general rule, I have decided that you cannot judge an exotic until you've tried it it fully upgraded.

Not to say that you won't still find it lacking, but much of what makes the exotics... exotic... is the combination of all its perks and upper-tier damage upgrades.

It wouldn't be random

by yakaman, Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 06:36 (3401 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I'm curious -- do you have those exotics fully upgraded?

I actually don't have a very high opinion of many of the exotics either, but I have found that my opinion of some of the exotics changed drastically as I got them fully leveled.

As a general rule, I have decided that you cannot judge an exotic until you've tried it it fully upgraded.

Not to say that you won't still find it lacking, but much of what makes the exotics... exotic... is the combination of all its perks and upper-tier damage upgrades.

Yes, I fully level up any exotic I get, as a rule. Well, except 'Universal Remote' because I'm not a masochist. As I said in another post, I probably have not found the right exotics. Which means that I really haven't found a true exotic.

Maybe I play differently than most? I use none of the top-ten guns Bungie listed in their last BWU.

It wouldn't be random

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, January 12, 2015, 11:29 (3401 days ago) @ yakaman

I have MIDA Multi-Tool, but I can't figure out what supposedly makes it better (Exotic) than many legendary scout rifles.

MIDA's an odd one because it doesn't have one outlandish perk that makes it behave differently in a major way. Its excellence is a combination of little details:

• It makes you move faster. Note that this isn't just an agility buff like most guns, but actually increases sprint speed (and consequently, jump distance - horizontal, I mean). As far as I know, it's the only thing outside of the Blade Dancer's "fleet footed" perk which does so.

• The scope zooms extremely fast, and seems to have excellent target acquisition (tendency to hit criticals). Combined with the movement speed buff, you're able to move into position and nail headshots before the enemy knows what's happening.

• Reload speed is maxed. With an armor piece that buffs reload, or chain of woe, reloads are so quick they barely factor in.

• It has a tendency to stagger enemies frequently (this isn't a perk that unlocks later, it's right out of the box, ever since the great exotic buff of '14). As long as the Angry skull isn't on, you can stun-lock most enemies on your own. In fact, the "troll smasher" part of its flavor text isn't just fluff - it's quite possible to face down Ogres on open ground just by shooting them in the face. It's also easy to stop melee attackers who get in your face.

All of these things combined work out very well for a player who wants to move about the battlefield quickly and efficiently. I find that it feels just right on my Hunter - makes her feel like a Ninja. When I'm using it, I always feel like I have the edge in terms of movement/positioning and ability to react.

The two problems MIDA does have are that the range isn't very good for a scout rifle, and the scope is a little weird, not in its functionality but in the way it looks. It doesn't bother me after having used it for a while, but that upside-down V thing takes some getting used to.

It wouldn't be random

by yakaman, Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 06:32 (3401 days ago) @ stabbim

I have MIDA Multi-Tool, but I can't figure out what supposedly makes it better (Exotic) than many legendary scout rifles.

MIDA's an odd one because it doesn't have one outlandish perk that makes it behave differently in a major way. Its excellence is a combination of little details:

• It makes you move faster. Note that this isn't just an agility buff like most guns, but actually increases sprint speed (and consequently, jump distance - horizontal, I mean). As far as I know, it's the only thing outside of the Blade Dancer's "fleet footed" perk which does so.

• The scope zooms extremely fast, and seems to have excellent target acquisition (tendency to hit criticals). Combined with the movement speed buff, you're able to move into position and nail headshots before the enemy knows what's happening.

• Reload speed is maxed. With an armor piece that buffs reload, or chain of woe, reloads are so quick they barely factor in.

• It has a tendency to stagger enemies frequently (this isn't a perk that unlocks later, it's right out of the box, ever since the great exotic buff of '14). As long as the Angry skull isn't on, you can stun-lock most enemies on your own. In fact, the "troll smasher" part of its flavor text isn't just fluff - it's quite possible to face down Ogres on open ground just by shooting them in the face. It's also easy to stop melee attackers who get in your face.

All of these things combined work out very well for a player who wants to move about the battlefield quickly and efficiently. I find that it feels just right on my Hunter - makes her feel like a Ninja. When I'm using it, I always feel like I have the edge in terms of movement/positioning and ability to react.

The two problems MIDA does have are that the range isn't very good for a scout rifle, and the scope is a little weird, not in its functionality but in the way it looks. It doesn't bother me after having used it for a while, but that upside-down V thing takes some getting used to.

Maybe it comes down to personal preference. I value crowd control more than I do 'major foe impact' (or however you want to refer to great against big baddies). For such, the Firefly perk available in many legendarys absolutely rules - single head shots can take out (or greatly diminish) huge groups of thralls or goblins.

Reload speed almost doesn't matter in PvE...I just don't find myself ever limited in this way. In PvP I can see why this would be valuable, but until a scout rifle has a real mid-range advantage over an fully automatic auto-rifle, I'll stick to my hand cannon.

Movement speed is the same. Now, I can understand that it feels awesome - that's probably the trait most likely to make me use it...but as far as real impact?

Yeah, I guess play style probably factors in. But, why does 'The Swarm' (legendary machine gun) seem to perform so much better than 'Super Good Advice'? I have 'Invective', but it fails to impress every time I use it. In PvP it does alright, but in PvE it's pretty mundane.

Maybe I don't have the right Exotics? But even that shows the failing...if some Exotics are more exotic than others, then really, there are only a few true exotics. Which in turn means that there's really only a few guns worth pursuing.

This is not to say that I don't enjoy the variety of weapons available in Destiny; I'm only saying that I kinda don't give a shit about any Exotic except Gjallerhorn, and that's probably not what Bungie was going for.

I'm probably doing it wrong.

It wouldn't be random

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 12:26 (3400 days ago) @ yakaman

I love Super Good Advice, more than any other machine gun. At all. Period.

I feel similarly about Doctor Nope, but people have oft said it's worse than Shadow Price or Suros or what have you.

The issue isn't that some Exotics are less exotic than others, so much as it is that they depend heavily on playstyle. I want to hurl bullets like nobody's business; MIDA Multi-Tool or Suros Regime are not the gun for me. That doesn't make them bad.

I wouldn't want Gjallarhorn, personally. I like Dragon's Breath. That says nothing of the quality of the weapons, just that I like a rocket to go where I point it, for better or for worse.

But I'm usually running with a machine gun, anyways.

It wouldn't be random

by yakaman, Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 13:54 (3400 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

I love Super Good Advice, more than any other machine gun. At all. Period.

Hence my statement 'I'm probably doing it wrong'. Maybe I'll give it another chance.

I feel similarly about Doctor Nope, but people have oft said it's worse than Shadow Price or Suros or what have you.

The issue isn't that some Exotics are less exotic than others, so much as it is that they depend heavily on playstyle. I want to hurl bullets like nobody's business; MIDA Multi-Tool or Suros Regime are not the gun for me. That doesn't make them bad.

I wouldn't want Gjallarhorn, personally. I like Dragon's Breath. That says nothing of the quality of the weapons, just that I like a rocket to go where I point it, for better or for worse.

I guess I just used it as an example; I hear it mentioned for fast kills of ridiculously tough baddies all the time. Everything else I've used displays rough parity, but some sound like they give ridiculous advantages (i.e. Mythoclast, Hawkmoon, etc). But in my experience, most stuff plays like everything else with minor differences.

But I'm usually running with a machine gun, anyways.

Yes. I actually rarely use rockets. Machine guns are way too fun... :)

It wouldn't be random

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 23:32 (3400 days ago) @ yakaman

You might not necessarily be using Super Good Advice wrong, The Swarm might just be better for you. It all comes down to playstyle.

Gonna need to test those Exotics

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, January 12, 2015, 10:39 (3402 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

...and make sure they are awesome. Because how much would it suck to go through a Thorn-like process and end up with No Land Beyond, not knowing it was total garbage until then.

Other side of the coin here, I think.

Gonna need to test those Exotics

by RC ⌂, UK, Monday, January 12, 2015, 11:36 (3401 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

...and make sure they are awesome. Because how much would it suck to go through a Thorn-like process and end up with No Land Beyond, not knowing it was total garbage until then.

Other side of the coin here, I think.

You forget Thorn WAS completely garbage, and some of us DID go through that Thorn process for it.

(I did it twice)

lol that's right

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, January 12, 2015, 15:44 (3401 days ago) @ RC

- No text -

On top of this

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, January 12, 2015, 08:10 (3402 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

BUT...

The starter weapon should be fun to use. I found it very arduous using Husk of the Pit, which I was only using because it was the only way to rank it up. All bark and no bite makes for a dull gun.

dark beyond, level 9 enemies. 15-ish mins.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, January 12, 2015, 08:13 (3402 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

dark beyond, level 9 enemies. 15-ish mins.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, January 12, 2015, 08:19 (3402 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I don't think his point was that it was hard to level up - just that it's not a fun gun at that stage.

stabbim +1

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, January 12, 2015, 10:00 (3402 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

Agreed, but on 1 condition...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, January 12, 2015, 08:56 (3402 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

The reason most aren't worth using is that there are too many, the exotics aren't nearly exotic enough, and there's not enough diversity in the content to necessitate the use of different weapons.

Universal Remote is a Beast on Patrol

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, January 12, 2015, 11:47 (3401 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Seriously..... running dual shotguns on patrol is a blast and a great way to level up your shotgun kills for the grimiore score.

I Must Be Missing Something

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, January 12, 2015, 08:22 (3402 days ago) @ petetheduck

I found one a while ago, and the attack was like, less than a hundred. I didn't even bother and just deleted it. What, does it quadruple in power or something?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, January 12, 2015, 08:27 (3402 days ago) @ Morpheus

I found one a while ago, and the attack was like, less than a hundred. I didn't even bother and just deleted it. What, does it quadruple in power or something?

Pretty much, lol

It can be upgraded to a legendary version of the same gun, which can then be upgraded further to an exotic.

by petetheduck, Monday, January 12, 2015, 08:28 (3402 days ago) @ Morpheus

It eventually upgrades into the Necrochasm, which is Crota's End equivalent of the Vex Mythoclast.

Whoops :D

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, January 12, 2015, 08:39 (3402 days ago) @ petetheduck

It eventually upgrades into the Necrochasm, which is Crota's End equivalent of the Vex Mythoclast.

If that's true, then I still won't try for another one. I want the real thing after a Hard Raid. And when I finally do get it, and laugh more evilly than I have ever laughed in my entire life, a cold blooded chill will run through the bodies of my fireteam, as they realize that helping me win it was a monstrous mistake.

Anyone up for it? I'm off today and Wednesday!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, January 12, 2015, 08:42 (3402 days ago) @ Morpheus

If that's true, then I still won't try for another one. I want the real thing after a Hard Raid. And when I finally do get it, and laugh more evilly than I have ever laughed in my entire life, a cold blooded chill will run through the bodies of my fireteam, as they realize that helping me win it was a monstrous mistake.

Except you don't get the gun itself from the hard raid. You get a unique upgrade material, which is used to transform the legendary version into an exotic. And the only way to get the legendary version is to upgrade the common version (the one you had). Worth hanging on to it when you find it again :)

I'm Talking About The Mythoclast.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, January 12, 2015, 09:22 (3402 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Oh. :D

by petetheduck, Monday, January 12, 2015, 09:32 (3402 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

by petetheduck, Monday, January 12, 2015, 08:44 (3402 days ago) @ Morpheus

So, Bungie has never really officially said anything on this, but I believe the ONLY way to get the Necrochasm is to upgrade a Husk of the Pit to Eidolon Ally via Eris Morn, and then upgrade Eidolon Ally to Necrochasm from a material that only drops from Crota on Crota's End Hard Mode, which hasn't been released yet.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, January 12, 2015, 10:41 (3402 days ago) @ petetheduck

So, Bungie has never really officially said anything on this, but I believe the ONLY way to get the Necrochasm is to upgrade a Husk of the Pit to Eidolon Ally via Eris Morn, and then upgrade Eidolon Ally to Necrochasm from a material that only drops from Crota on Crota's End Hard Mode, which hasn't been released yet.

LOL that all sounds so ridiculous when you spell it out like that.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, January 12, 2015, 09:04 (3402 days ago) @ Morpheus

I found one a while ago, and the attack was like, less than a hundred. I didn't even bother and just deleted it.

[image]

That is a darn shame, friend. As it stands, that's the only way to get the new Mythoclast-tier exotic from the Crota Raid, and it sounds crazy good (killing an enemy causes it to explode Thrall-style). I've heard talk of people farming hours for it to no avail.

Upgrading it to the Eidolon Ally gives you a pretty solid auto rifle (think Atheon's Epilogue with better stability), which I somewhat enjoy using, even though I don't often use Auto rifles... Just gotta wait for Hard difficulty (hopefully tomorrow) in order to be able to upgrade it to the Necrochasm.

Adding on this too...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, January 12, 2015, 10:17 (3402 days ago) @ Morpheus

The starter gun doesn't give off some idea of it's "Potential" of Greatness. If it wasn't for the whole Bungie fan thing, I would have never had known the significance of what had dropped before me.

If the only way I find out something about game play is to go onto the internet, something is possibly very very wrong.

For more information on exotic guns from common guns, Consult an Expert.

I actually have a gun like that of sorts - A scout rifle which I call "One Eye". I just recently (like yesterday) found something that has the potential to one up. If it does turn out that It does as I suspect - I won't be using that rifle. But I won't be deleting it either. Lots of stories.

I would put it on a wall... but.

I have to disagree.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, January 12, 2015, 11:37 (3401 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

If the only way I find out something about game play is to go onto the internet, something is possibly very very wrong.

I think the fact that they haven't blatantly spelled it out is a GOOD thing, and actually makes it that more special, as an exotic.

Reading about people who trashed it as soon as they got it because they looked at it at face value brings me much schadenfreude, and many lols.

As a seasoned gamer, I would have known something was up right away, as it's a unique weapon, and a hive weapon at that- nothing else has dropped like that, so it should have been a clue. (I admit having read about it ahead of time, in my news searches, but I know me, this would have been a dead give away that something was up with this item)

For me, it goes back to the days of Doom and other games, and seeing a different texture in the wall and knowing instantly there was a secret behind it.

Don't spoon feed the gamers!

[image]

Except

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, January 12, 2015, 08:52 (3402 days ago) @ petetheduck

- Once the base item has been acquired, the long grind begins. Using Husk of the Pit mechanics combined with Exotic bounty concepts, you've got to use a weak weapon, upgrade it through various tasks. It should take a significant amount of time, but the end result is an Exotic you've earned, rather than RNG'd.

Except you have to rely on RNG for husk of the pit to drop. Then you have to rely on RNG for the item from Crota to drop on hard. You also have to mindlessly kill 400 hive with a weak weapon. I found nothing about getting this exotic fun. It's nothing like Thorn and the special strike.

Except

by petetheduck, Monday, January 12, 2015, 08:54 (3402 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- Once the base item has been acquired, the long grind begins. Using Husk of the Pit mechanics combined with Exotic bounty concepts, you've got to use a weak weapon, upgrade it through various tasks. It should take a significant amount of time, but the end result is an Exotic you've earned, rather than RNG'd.

Except you have to rely on RNG for husk of the pit to drop. Then you have to rely on RNG for the item from Crota to drop on hard. You also have to mindlessly kill 400 hive with a weak weapon. I found nothing about getting this exotic fun. It's nothing like Thorn and the special strike.

Yeah, but the general idea is still there: transferring the "difficulty" from RNG to the actual process itself.

Agreed. Adding Slots

by TheeChaos @, Monday, January 12, 2015, 10:18 (3402 days ago) @ petetheduck

I agree. Getting thorn was time consuming but felt rewarding, You can see the end of the tunnel. When just shooting for RNG you are left at Bungie's mercy. Another thing I would like to see if the addition of augments/slots. For instance on an Exotic add a slot where you can add a certain skill you enjoy in. Have the augments drop in raids and then you can pick and choose a perk that you enjoy. If that makes sense. This would add diversity to the games bland weapons. Otherwise everyone will have the same weapons with generally the same skills on it.

Thorn is another good example, just in reverse..

by petetheduck, Monday, January 12, 2015, 11:00 (3401 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I agree. Getting thorn was time consuming but felt rewarding, You can see the end of the tunnel. When just shooting for RNG you are left at Bungie's mercy. Another thing I would like to see if the addition of augments/slots. For instance on an Exotic add a slot where you can add a certain skill you enjoy in. Have the augments drop in raids and then you can pick and choose a perk that you enjoy. If that makes sense. This would add diversity to the games bland weapons. Otherwise everyone will have the same weapons with generally the same skills on it.

Imagine killing Xyor not to be the last step of the Thorn bounty, but the first--and Xyor always spawns with the 3rd ship in the Strike instead of being a special version on the Director.

But yeah, it would be much nicer than the current system to be able to upgrade armor and weapons via upgrade slots instead of completely replacing the gear.

Diversity

by TheeChaos @, Monday, January 12, 2015, 11:08 (3401 days ago) @ petetheduck

It would just add diversity. as it stands now the only variant in the "best" gear is your exotic pieces. Other than that its just the raid gear. Pretty bland. Dont get me wrong i still enjoy the game, would just be nice to have CUSTOMIZATION. Not just shaders that change everything you have on.

by Claude Errera @, Monday, January 12, 2015, 12:17 (3401 days ago) @ petetheduck

There was an interesting article a couple of weeks ago that made the same point:

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/576873/20141223/destiny-bungie-husk-pit-upgrade-evolved-gun.htm

One of these days, I should get back on news rotation. :(

Zoidberg says

by Avateur @, Monday, January 12, 2015, 17:02 (3401 days ago) @ petetheduck

[image]

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread