Destiny Hot Fix 01/12/2015 (Destiny)

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Monday, January 12, 2015, 11:11 (3401 days ago)

Day earlier then expected. Here's the link

So much for trying to solo the chest for exotics one last time after the reset tonight...

No Hard mode

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, January 12, 2015, 11:17 (3401 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

No Hard mode

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, January 12, 2015, 11:23 (3401 days ago) @ Cody Miller

They're obviously waiting to make sure all the cheese is truly gone from Crota's End before launching hard mode. A good decision if you ask me.

Destiny Hot Fix 01/12/2015

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, January 12, 2015, 11:34 (3401 days ago) @ CougRon

Day earlier then expected. Here's the link

So much for trying to solo the chest for exotics one last time after the reset tonight...

Ha. Now offering level 32 gloves...the only crota armor I have. And I'll just have to replace both of them with Nothing Manacles when HoW hit.

First CE Raid Chest

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Monday, January 12, 2015, 13:55 (3401 days ago) @ iconicbanana

So I'm at work and can't confirm but I've seen reports that the first chest in the Crota's End raid can now be gotten again for Radiant Materials. This extra chance at materials goes away at tonight's reset. I know what I'm doing when I get home... (If you got the Chest earlier in the week you apparently won't get a drop from the deathsinger)

Also, some people say they've gotten a Radiant (not Ascendant) Shard from the first Daily Public Event that they gold-tier.

Confirmed -- Go get yer Radiant Stuffs!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, January 12, 2015, 16:39 (3401 days ago) @ CougRon

So I'm at work and can't confirm but I've seen reports that the first chest in the Crota's End raid can now be gotten again for Radiant Materials. This extra chance at materials goes away at tonight's reset. I know what I'm doing when I get home... (If you got the Chest earlier in the week you apparently won't get a drop from the deathsinger)

Also, some people say they've gotten a Radiant (not Ascendant) Shard from the first Daily Public Event that they gold-tier.

I had already grabbed the first chest on both my Warlock and Hunter, and I was just able to pull a couple Radiant Energy a few minutes ago.

Strange coins from nightfall...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, January 12, 2015, 11:35 (3401 days ago) @ CougRon

No, Bungie. Do not want. I want a weapon from nightfall. My vault looks like Scrooge McDuck's money bin full of strange coins. If I want more I'll play the weekly. I want a new shiny weapon when I finish the nightfall, not coins.

by CommandrCleavage @, USA-Midwest, Monday, January 12, 2015, 11:40 (3401 days ago) @ bluerunner

Agree. So many coins.....

Need new weapons....

CC

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, January 12, 2015, 11:47 (3401 days ago) @ bluerunner

The coins are in addition to whatever rewards you might get. At least that's what I took from it.

False

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, January 12, 2015, 11:54 (3401 days ago) @ ZackDark

The coins are in addition to whatever rewards you might get. At least that's what I took from it.

Having been on the receiving end of coins as a reward for nightfall completion, I can confirm that is ALL you get.

At least now the number is higher.

One time I got 5 coins as a reward.

Boooooooooooooooo

Correct

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, January 12, 2015, 12:02 (3401 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Having been on the receiving end of coins as a reward for nightfall completion, I can confirm that is ALL you get.

Boooooooooooooooo

I received 9 and 7 strange coins last week as my rewards on two nightfall runs. I was pretty disappointed as my friends each got exotics from doing the same run with me.

Correct

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, January 12, 2015, 12:08 (3401 days ago) @ unoudid

Boooooooooooooooo

I received 9 and 7 strange coins last week as my rewards on two nightfall runs. I was pretty disappointed as my friends each got exotics from doing the same run with me.

Obligatory reminder that you already have every exotic in the game.

Correct

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, January 12, 2015, 12:19 (3401 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I still don't have The 4th Horseman...
And something tells me that unoudid doesn't either. :P

Correct

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, January 12, 2015, 12:21 (3401 days ago) @ Korny

I still don't have The 4th Horseman...
And something tells me that unoudid doesn't either. :P

Well...he's on xbox...so no.

I see what you did there.

by yakaman, Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 04:33 (3400 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Still need some for my Alts though

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, January 12, 2015, 12:19 (3401 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

The extras sitting in my vault.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, January 12, 2015, 12:25 (3401 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Here at the extras just sitting in my vault that don't get any use. My alts have 8-9/10 slots filled on each weapon slot too. I think I have a hording problem.

[image]

The extras sitting in my vault.

by petetheduck, Monday, January 12, 2015, 12:32 (3401 days ago) @ unoudid

Here at the extras just sitting in my vault that don't get any use. My alts have 8-9/10 slots filled on each weapon slot too. I think I have a hording problem.

[image]

Heh, I just dismantled 11 Legendary weapons along with Thorn and Plan C. Too many weapons I wasn't using.

heh

by ckamp, Monday, January 12, 2015, 12:26 (3401 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Boooooooooooooooo

I just remembered the great injustice that occurred during last week's nightfall when Rellekh and I jumped in on the end of your solo run and grabbed a Gjallahorn after getting 2 kills. I don't recall what you ended up getting, but I felt kind of bad.

All of that to say, you have a good attitude for having been on the receiving end of RNG's fickle affections. And, thanks again!

heh

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, January 12, 2015, 12:31 (3401 days ago) @ ckamp

I just remembered the great injustice that occurred during last week's nightfall when Rellekh and I jumped in on the end of your solo run and grabbed a Gjallahorn after getting 2 kills. I don't recall what you ended up getting, but I felt kind of bad.

All of that to say, you have a good attitude for having been on the receiving end of RNG's fickle affections. And, thanks again!

I think it was 9 shards. I laughed pretty heartily at that.

False

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, January 12, 2015, 12:47 (3401 days ago) @ Revenant1988

So the only change is only a possible increase in number, right?

I'm not in the same rarefied company as some in that I never feel like I have enough coins and remember several occasions where I had 12 or 22 and desperately needed one coin, which I worked hard to get but didn't receive until ... Sunday. This seems like a good change to me.

Yep

by slycrel ⌂, Monday, January 12, 2015, 13:25 (3401 days ago) @ Kermit

I think the idea is that the nightfall is at least as hard as the weekly, and the weekly can net you 9 coins. Kind of surprised it wasn't higher sooner.

Strange coins are strange.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, January 12, 2015, 13:32 (3401 days ago) @ Kermit

So the only change is only a possible increase in number, right?

I'm not in the same rarefied company as some in that I never feel like I have enough coins and remember several occasions where I had 12 or 22 and desperately needed one coin, which I worked hard to get but didn't receive until ... Sunday. This seems like a good change to me.

Depending on how you play, you're either drowning in strange coins or you never have enough. I used to be in the same boat as you, Kermit. I missed out on buying Gjallarhorn, Suros Regime, Mida Multitool, and several other weapons I wanted, because I never had enough coins. But as soon as I got multiple characters up to raid/nightfall level, the scale tipped and now I have loads of coins and nothing to spend them on.

The thing is, running multiple characters allows you to earn way more coins, but you also earn more weapons in the process. So when Xur does come around, he rarely has anything that I need. So it might be worth getting at least 1 other character leveled up to the point where they can run the weekly heroics (if you don't already). You might be able to find the happy middle ground that I sailed right over :)

Strange coins are strange.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, January 12, 2015, 13:45 (3401 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Yeah, my second character is 28 now, so I'm getting there. Another issue is that I've tried to stay within reach of 23 coins every week in case Suros Regime goes on sale again (which I REALLY want).

About the multiple raids thing, two per week (one per platform) is probably my limit if I'm being rational. I like the flexibility of being able to do more to go for certain things, though, if I need to. I'm adopting the tortoise strategy in this race.

Thanks As Always, Bungie!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, January 12, 2015, 13:34 (3401 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

You're welcome!

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 07:03 (3400 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

False

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, January 12, 2015, 14:32 (3401 days ago) @ Revenant1988

You already did a Nightfall after the update? Because what I was saying was that it would work like that after the update, or so I think.

False

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 07:03 (3400 days ago) @ ZackDark

You already did a Nightfall after the update? Because what I was saying was that it would work like that after the update, or so I think.

No, but I've done the nightfall and been rewarded strange coins several times, as well as my fiance (she was happy for the coins, I wanted a sweet gun, dammit.

One time I was rewarded 9 coins, which I didn't know how to feel about, as I had just done the weekly heroic as well.

Then there were two other times I got 5 coins as my reward. Like, that was it. Just 5 coins. :(

I read your post as you wrote it- that you read it as there would be a possibility of getting an exotic or legendary item AND some coins, which is not the case. (Though it would be pretty sweet if it did!)

The fact that they said now it will be 9 or more is better, but I kind of like the other suggestion to keep the coins out of the nightfall, and leave them for the weekly.

GAAAAAA!!!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 17:22 (3398 days ago) @ bluerunner

No, Bungie. Do not want. I want a weapon from nightfall. My vault looks like Scrooge McDuck's money bin full of strange coins. If I want more I'll play the weekly. I want a new shiny weapon when I finish the nightfall, not coins.

Complain about strange coins and what do I get? Strange coins.

LOL!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 17:55 (3398 days ago) @ bluerunner

Complain about strange coins and what do I get? Strange coins.

Complain about strange coins in the nightfall and what do I get? An engram in the weekly that turns into LDR 5001 with field scout and firefly.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread