Bridge section still cheese-able, apparently. (Destiny)

by petetheduck, Monday, January 12, 2015, 14:10 (3401 days ago)

"Just let one person go accross. Then do it the regular way by standing in the swordbearers room. Then the enemies despawn. When the ogres spawn, let the one on the other side cancel the tower thingy that wipes you. You only need to do one of them. Then kill the ogres like always and you're done. Super easy."

Reddit.

Let's see if the fixes to Crota can last longer than 3 hours..

Bridge section still cheese-able, apparently.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, January 12, 2015, 14:13 (3401 days ago) @ petetheduck

Bungie should just release hard mode already. Who cares if it's still cheesable?

Warlocks and Titans can still solo the Abyss

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, January 12, 2015, 14:16 (3401 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You can jump from the rock that you used to stand on for the lantern jump if you have max agility and a leveled MIDA-Multi Tool

by petetheduck, Monday, January 12, 2015, 14:20 (3401 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Bungie should just release hard mode already. Who cares if it's still cheesable?

Theoretically, the hard mode Crota encounter should RNG the best items in the game. That really should require legit completions.

Bridge, meh. That's like sniping the oracles from the cliff. Not a big deal to me. I doubt they can completely enforce that encounter without breaking hard mode.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, January 12, 2015, 16:32 (3401 days ago) @ petetheduck

Theoretically, the hard mode Crota encounter should RNG the best items in the game. That really should require legit completions.

What's it to you how someone gets their Crota hand canon? Do it the real way if you feel that only legit completions warrant gear. When I've mastered it legitimately and get bored, then I'm going to take shortcuts to get gear since the game is so damn exploitative.

Why do you think people try so hard to cheese?

by petetheduck, Monday, January 12, 2015, 16:35 (3401 days ago) @ Cody Miller

What's it to you how someone gets their Crota hand canon?

Because I just want to feel special.

*cries*

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, January 12, 2015, 16:36 (3401 days ago) @ petetheduck

What's it to you how someone gets their Crota hand canon?

Because I just want to feel special.

*cries*

Pete, you are already special man.

New twist on the LAN glitch

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, January 12, 2015, 14:23 (3401 days ago) @ petetheduck

from reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2s7odq/possible_crota_cheese_post_patch/

The solar grenade from Dragon's breath can be LAN glitched. When the host leaves, crota will stand back up, but the solar flare will stay, meaning that there is a permanent DPS on crota, so he will keep kneeling.

New twist on the LAN glitch

by petetheduck, Monday, January 12, 2015, 14:32 (3401 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

from reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2s7odq/possible_crota_cheese_post_patch/

The solar grenade from Dragon's breath can be LAN glitched. When the host leaves, crota will stand back up, but the solar flare will stay, meaning that there is a permanent DPS on crota, so he will keep kneeling.

Yeah, that.. that is really not.. worth it.

I wonder about other AoE grenades...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, January 12, 2015, 15:44 (3401 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Could Radiance+Sunbreakers theoretically deep-fry the guy?

by DreadPirateWes, Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 10:22 (3400 days ago) @ petetheduck

"Then do it the regular way by standing in the swordbearers room..."

Reddit.

Chuckled that this is now the regular way.

PS Am I the only one that prefers to jump on top of the tower for the better angles???

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 17:59 (3400 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

PS Am I the only one that prefers to jump on top of the tower for the better angles???

The tower killed me the one time I tried. Launched me a hundred feet in the air, splattered me at touchdown. Never again. :p

the funny thing about raid cheeses

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 11:34 (3400 days ago) @ petetheduck

Bungie gives you ZERO information about how the encounter should play out. you are left to figure it out on your own. Some people find the most optimal way of doing it, then it gets patched for doing it "the wrong way."

I agree the LAN disconnect should be patched, but using physics, or just simple game mechanics (such as jumping across) are harmless. Our guardians are warriors in a new a terrifying territory, and you're telling me that they can't just take the indiana jones way out?

[image]

the funny thing about raid cheeses

by Earendil, Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 12:52 (3400 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Bungie gives you ZERO information about how the encounter should play out. you are left to figure it out on your own. Some people find the most optimal way of doing it, then it gets patched for doing it "the wrong way."

Humm, this is true. However when the found way is only attainable by certain classes, or using maxed agil weapons, it's safe to say that isn't the "right" way, because Bungie wouldn't intentionally leave a race behind.

I also love that in most Bungie games dieing isn't a requirement for figuring something out. Sure, you might die, but there is nothing that forces it. I remember a tomb raider game where a rock drops on your characters head without warning. There was some fancy way to avoid it, but you had to figure out that fancy way by dieing to the rock a half dozen times. It was a bad game experience and completely took you out of the moment. I like that Bungie doesn't have many (if any) of these moments.

I agree the LAN disconnect should be patched, but using physics, or just simple game mechanics (such as jumping across) are harmless. Our guardians are warriors in a new a terrifying territory, and you're telling me that they can't just take the indiana jones way out?

[image]

Fun Fact: The Indiana Jones way only exists because Harrison Ford was sick when that scene was to be shot, and he didn't want to fight him. The scene eventually lends it's self to his character's laziness and sense of humor, two things I don't think we're trying to build into Destiny charactes. We're bad ass, all the time :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread